H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-10-2005, 12:36 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

I just back back from a Hummer Happening in Memphis TN and Rough Country had a H3 there with thier new 5" lift kit and it was awesome!!! Took tons of pics will post sometime this weekend. The awesome thingabout the kit is that it requires no cutting, all factory parts and accessories will still work, no off set for the tires and the stock rims will work!! Oh and the best part, its only $1999 with new shocks included!
I sa him go through the complete H1 couse with it over the vertical wall, log climb and all, have tons of pics!
If anyone wants names or numbers let me know I will hook you up.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 12:36 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

I just back back from a Hummer Happening in Memphis TN and Rough Country had a H3 there with thier new 5" lift kit and it was awesome!!! Took tons of pics will post sometime this weekend. The awesome thingabout the kit is that it requires no cutting, all factory parts and accessories will still work, no off set for the tires and the stock rims will work!! Oh and the best part, its only $1999 with new shocks included!
I sa him go through the complete H1 couse with it over the vertical wall, log climb and all, have tons of pics!
If anyone wants names or numbers let me know I will hook you up.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 12:54 AM

x-humm is off the scale

Like this???
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 01:06 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

Well not quite that big, that is probably around 9" or so. This kit can be installed in about 2 1/2 hours and is only 5"
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 01:20 AM
Hummer Authority

hmrlvr is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't tease us! You put a picture of you mug up here, now give us what we want. NOW
Old 12-10-2005, 01:35 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

LOL patientce grasshopper, soon soon
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 02:32 AM

x-humm is off the scale

Hey BbyHmmr,

Don't take too long. ALso if you can get us the names and phone number for retailers/installers here in Southern California....Thanks
Old 12-10-2005, 03:27 AM

H3 Guy is off the scale

I took a gander at it at SEMA. Not a bad looking kit. If I remeber right (and someone please correct me, I have a bad memory), max tire was 35". They used a weird comtraption of a linkage system for the torsion bar. First thoughts are more moving parts with high torque pivot points = failures. I think they are slowly come out with this system for the 1500 chevy but I have yet to hear any feedback on it. They also leave the front diff at OE position and use new half shafts that are high angled. I am interested to hear feedback on this, usually you get some vibrations from high angled slip half shafts. Great for offroad, but annoying for the long haul.
Did anyone see what they did with the rear? Shackles, leafs, add-a-leaf.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:33 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BbyHmmr:
Well not quite that big, that is probably around 9" or so. This kit can be installed in about 2 1/2 hours and is only 5" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! 2 1/2 hours.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:42 AM

H3 Guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BbyHmmr:
Well not quite that big, that is probably around 9" or so. This kit can be installed in about 2 1/2 hours and is only 5" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO! 2 1/2 hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Quick installs usually means some criticals are skipped and its quick to break.

Timgco...I noticed a new addition to your signature. Did you already post pics???
Old 12-10-2005, 05:06 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

Dont be pissed b/c you got all excited and spent twice as much as you needed to, and still have an inch less in height. The guy that designed this has spent many many hours getting it right, it is a complete bolt up kit, no cutting or refab at all,which would definetly make the install way faster, even uses stock skid plate. And if you know so much about vehicles that you know the exact install times on all kits especially one you have never seen, then why were you posting in the other room trying to figure out how to know how the tire change affects the speedo? So lets play nice and we will all get along really well, or in other words if you dont have anything constuctive to say STFU
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 05:16 AM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Guy:
I took a gander at it at SEMA. Not a bad looking kit. If I remeber right (and someone please correct me, I have a bad memory), max tire was 35". They used a weird comtraption of a linkage system for the torsion bar. First thoughts are more moving parts with high torque pivot points = failures. I think they are slowly come out with this system for the 1500 chevy but I have yet to hear any feedback on it. They also leave the front diff at OE position and use new half shafts that are high angled. I am interested to hear feedback on this, usually you get some vibrations from high angled slip half shafts. Great for offroad, but annoying for the long haul.
Did anyone see what they did with the rear? Shackles, leafs, add-a-leaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The one I saw today, which as the one they trailered to SEMA had Mickey Thompson 37s on stock rims, yes the front linkage system was a very intresting setup, we ran down the street in it and I didnt really notice any vibration, but then again I wasn't in it that long. In the rear they had a new set of leafs and drop down shackles.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 01:25 PM

H3 Guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3 Guy:
Did anyone see what they did with the rear? Shackles, leafs, add-a-leaf. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
The one I saw today, which as the one they trailered to SEMA had Mickey Thompson 37s on stock rims, yes the front linkage system was a very intresting setup, we ran down the street in it and I didnt really notice any vibration, but then again I wasn't in it that long. In the rear they had a new set of leafs and drop down shackles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it comes with new leafs and shackles (I do not understand why both), right there is 2 hours of install unless you have a NASCAR pit crew out there. Did he have an explantion for both? Rule of thumb is one or the other, never both.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:13 PM
Hummer Guru

Dont be pissed b/c you got all excited and spent twice as much as you needed to, and still have an inch less in height. The guy that designed this has spent many many hours getting it right, it is a complete bolt up kit, no cutting or refab at all,which would definetly make the install way faster, even uses stock skid plate. And if you know so much about vehicles that you know the exact install times on all kits especially one you have never seen, then why were you posting in the other room trying to figure out how to know how the tire change affects the speedo? So lets play nice and we will all get along really well, or in other words if you dont have anything constuctive to say STFU </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I never said anything about the kit... AT ALL! All I'm saying is that you can't install even a body lift on a vehicle in 2 1/2 hours. Twice the ammount of $? Yep, and I'd do it all over again fro such a complete kit. The Rancho kit (believe it or not) raised my truck about 7" with the 35" tires. I'm sure it will settle a bit yet, and I really don't care about being higher or less/ more expensive than the next kit. If you can really install this kit in 2 1/2 hours, GREAT, that would be very beneficial for everyone, but I doubt it! With 2 guys it takes about an hour to change out the tire sensors from your stock rims and mount up your new tires. And I'm sure you know it's 2 1/2 hours to do since you've never seen the new kit installed. BTW- There is no cutting on the Rancho kit either.
Old 12-10-2005, 03:37 PM

BbyHmmr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With 2 guys it takes about an hour to change out the tire sensors from your stock rims and mount up your new tires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I have to agree with you there, but I wasn't taking that into account do to the fact that I already have 35" tires on my truck and they are on my stock wheels (I'm kinda partial to that rim for now but I really liked the Robby Gordon rim I saw the other day on here!) And you are also correct that I have never seen it installed, but the guy did say the first one he installed took him about 4 hours but that as because he was really draggin ass double and triple checking clearances and such, but he has been working with the hummer techs and they were back there with him when I was asking all the questions and they said in reality in thier shop with the right tools that it could be done in about 2 1/2 hours (probably due to the fact that there would be no time spent on the tires as you had mentioned before) but I should have mine done within the next 2 months and if they BS me on the time frame I will let you guys know for sure, I am hoping that we can use this forum as a tool to help each other learn about new products and grow our Hummer community to the top of the food chain.
35\" ProComp Xterrain
Old 12-10-2005, 05:50 PM

H3 Guy is off the scale

Are we forgetting about the knuckles? I would pay to see someone change out 2 knuckles in 2 hours.
Some companies think they get more sales by BS an install time while others realize 4wheel parts will charge just about the same amount for different kit (same vehicle).
BS'ing install times only appeals to the gullibles out there that is unfamiliar with a kit or IFS. Try not to get hung up on this 2.5 hour install time---its not a plus to a kit.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:46 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">With 2 guys it takes about an hour to change out the tire sensors from your stock rims and mount up your new tires. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Well I have to agree with you there, but I wasn't taking that into account do to the fact that I already have 35" tires on my truck and they are on my stock wheels (I'm kinda partial to that rim for now but I really liked the Robby Gordon rim I saw the other day on here!) And you are also correct that I have never seen it installed, but the guy did say the first one he installed took him about 4 hours but that as because he was really draggin ass double and triple checking clearances and such, but he has been working with the hummer techs and they were back there with him when I was asking all the questions and they said in reality in thier shop with the right tools that it could be done in about 2 1/2 hours (probably due to the fact that there would be no time spent on the tires as you had mentioned before) but I should have mine done within the next 2 months and if they BS me on the time frame I will let you guys know for sure, I am hoping that we can use this forum as a tool to help each other learn about new products and grow our Hummer community to the top of the food chain. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good luck with everything. I hope it all works out! See what you can find out about the kit/ shocks/ what parts come with it and all that good stuff. Also, check into what you can do for warranty. I still have the factory warranty on mine plus the warranty done through 4 WP for everything that was voided through OEM.

BTW- POST PICS!
Old 12-12-2005, 11:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Anonymous is off the scale

I'd really like to see some pics. Like to lift mine about 3" and change to 35s but keep the stock wheels. Mostly I'd like to level it out but don't want to turn the torsion bars. I did that on one of my trucks before and didn't have any problems but I don't want to weaken anything.

PICS PLEASE!!!

Class winner 1996 Parker 400, Laughlin Desert Challenge, Baja 500...I\'ve never been to the mall!
Old 12-13-2005, 03:51 PM

Ricky is off the scale

hey i just posted the pics he is talking about
Old 12-13-2005, 03:52 PM

Ricky is off the scale

here
http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9811023941