H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-18-2005, 10:36 PM

floridahummer is off the scale

WISH ME LUCK. INSTALLING RANCHO 4 INCH LIFT WITH 20 INCH RIMS AND 37 TIRES ON MY WIFES H3 THIS WEEK. GOES TO BE POWDER COATED YELLOW WENDSDAY. FOUND DEAD ON YELLOW POWDER TO MATCH BODY. ONLY ONE CONCERN HAVING TROUBLE FINDING NERF BARS THAT I FEEL WILL BE LOW ENOUGH FOR WIFE TO ENTER. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A DOUBLE STEP FOR AN H3 LET ME KNOW.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:36 PM

WISH ME LUCK. INSTALLING RANCHO 4 INCH LIFT WITH 20 INCH RIMS AND 37 TIRES ON MY WIFES H3 THIS WEEK. GOES TO BE POWDER COATED YELLOW WENDSDAY. FOUND DEAD ON YELLOW POWDER TO MATCH BODY. ONLY ONE CONCERN HAVING TROUBLE FINDING NERF BARS THAT I FEEL WILL BE LOW ENOUGH FOR WIFE TO ENTER. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A DOUBLE STEP FOR AN H3 LET ME KNOW.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Professional

Webb70 is off the scale

One word "PICTURES".....
Old 10-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

im having it done also...can i ask what price u paid for the kit, not including tires and rims, and what labor cost is for u?
thanks
i was quoted 3200 on the kit and 750 for labor inc the alignment. he said he would take some off the parts cause ive seen the kit listed for 3k.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by floridahummer:
WISH ME LUCK. INSTALLING RANCHO 4 INCH LIFT WITH 20 INCH RIMS AND 37 TIRES ON MY WIFES H3 THIS WEEK. GOES TO BE POWDER COATED YELLOW WENDSDAY. FOUND DEAD ON YELLOW POWDER TO MATCH BODY. ONLY ONE CONCERN HAVING TROUBLE FINDING NERF BARS THAT I FEEL WILL BE LOW ENOUGH FOR WIFE TO ENTER. IF ANYONE KNOWS OF A DOUBLE STEP FOR AN H3 LET ME KNOW. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

37's?

I have a few weeks before mine comes in and will be doing the same, but will go with 35's. 4 Wheel Parts told me you have to cut quite a bit for the 37's not to rub.

Also, they are offering a warranty for $695 that will cover anything that the dealer won't due to the lift. (engine, drivetrain, susp. trans for 3yr 36,000 miles). I talked with the Service Manager today at the HUMMER dealer and they told me with the lift, susp. and drivetrain will have no warranty even if done by the dealer. So, that's not too bad since you can get teh other warranty. ... too bad it wasn't for the full 4 yr, 50,000 miles.

I can't wait to see your (I meant the Wife's rig) done. What tiers/ rims are you going with? We are all waiting for pics, reviews.
Good luck,
Tim.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 PM
Hummer Professional

2xtreme is off the scale

PICS PLEASE
Old 10-20-2005, 01:02 AM

YOUR PRICE OF $ 3,200 FOR THE KIT AND $750 FOR INSTALL IS PRETTY GOOD. THERE WHOLESALE COST FROM RANCHO ARROUND $2,000.00. TALK THEM DOWN ON THE KIT OR JUST WAIT UNTIL FAB TECH OR ONE OF THE OTHER COMPANIES RELEASE THERE LIFT. WITH RANCHO THE ONLY KIT ON THE MARKET THEY CAN GET TOP DOLLAR. THE INSTALL OF $750 IS FAIR. INSTALL SHOULD TAKE APROX 10HRS. I AM FORTUNATE THE SHOP I USE IS CUTTING ME A SIGNIFICANT BREAK ON PARTS AND INSTALL SO THEY CAN BE THE FIRST ONES IN TOWN TO INSTALL. BRAGGING RITES AND EVERYTHING. I WILL POST PICS STARTING MONDAY SHOWING PROGRESS.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:08 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by floridahummer:
I WILL POST PICS STARTING MONDAY SHOWING PROGRESS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Monday? WTH? I thought ou were doing this "this week." Damn, Now I have to wait until next week?
Old 10-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point

I can not wait to see pics
Old 10-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

he told me his cost was around 2800....not that it matters to me. im sure hes pumping that up. i have a chance for my truck to be used in a magazine photo shoot for "how to" article if i wanted to wait till mid november. it doesnt mean any extra savings to me, so im having it done next week. im going with 35" tires on 17" rims. unless someone suggests something else. the rims i like are the american racing black fuels...http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...lloy&section=A
Old 10-20-2005, 04:26 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">http://www.americanracing.com/wheels...%20alloy§ion=A </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FIXED.
rims
Old 10-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

yep, those are them....he said since i want black rims, there are no black ones that i wont need spacers...which = more money. i want something good for offroading in a tire, but still streetable too and hes suggesting superswamper ssr's or bfgoodrich mud terrains...
what y'all think?
Old 10-20-2005, 09:11 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evomind:
yep, those are them....he said since i want black rims, there are no black ones that i wont need spacers...which = more money. i want something good for offroading in a tire, but still streetable too and hes suggesting superswamper ssr's or bfgoodrich mud terrains...
what y'all think? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since I know what the winters are like back there, I would try to get a siped tire. Either one of those will suck, esp. if you hit ice/ snow mix. You may want to think about the BFG MT and have them siped if you want an aggressive tire. The swampers are softer and will wear quicker and I don't think handle as well on the road. Otherwise the BFG AT or look into the Nitto open country MT.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Veteran

GotSandH3 is off the scale

I just got back from 4 Wheel Parts here in Cali. This is what I got quoted.

4" lift kit with shocks and resivores $3,048.95

Kit with shocks but no resivores $2,600

Install lift kit- $640.00
alighnment- $120.00
Mount & Balance- $96.00
Old 10-21-2005, 01:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

the superswampers are a siped tire.....
superswamper ssr
Old 10-21-2005, 01:29 AM
Hummer Veteran

i really dont mean to hijack this post, but i figure were talking the same kit anyway...
Old 10-21-2005, 01:42 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by evomind:
the superswampers are a siped tire.....
superswamper ssr </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I didn't know that. I know that I have BFG MT's and they suck in the snow/ ice stuff though. My next tire is going to be on an H3 and I will go with the Toyo Open country MT's or the BFG again and have them siped.
Old 10-21-2005, 02:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

i really hate to sound like a dumbass, but what exactly is "siped?" and why is it desireable?
excuse me, im into performance cars...never heard the term.
when i read the specs on the swamper, i did notice it said "siped" though...
thanks for the input
Old 10-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Hummer Guru

siping: The little slits in the tread blocks that allow the tire to grip in wet or ice conditions. Without the sipes, you have a tendancy to slide over stuff rather than grip.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:12 AM
Hummer Authority

kacyk is off the scale

i really hate to sound like a dumbass, but what exactly is "siped?" and why is it desireable?
excuse me, im into performance cars...never heard the term.
when i read the specs on the swamper, i did notice it said "siped" though...
thanks for the input </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Most street tires already come siped in various forms. However, mud tires have minimal or no siping thereby reducing the "chunking" effect. Essentially a siped tire can have little chunks or rubber torn off during serious wheeling. This is why you should never have a tire store sipe your tires if you are a serious wheeler.

However, if you're terrain is mostly asphalt, siping does reduce heat. Heat is the worst enemy for tires.

The word "sipe" comes from it's originator, Mr. Sipe. Sipe was in the meat business and he cut slits in his shoes for added traction.
2006 Black H3 LUX + Off Road (Sold)
2003 Yellow H2 LUX (Sold)
2003 Pewter H2 Adventure (Sold)