H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-19-2006, 02:10 PM
Elcova Rookie

Hummerguy04 is off the scale
Default DRL Question

Hey Guys, I have just purchased a 2006 H3 and I have noticed that my headlights are on as my DRL's. All the other H3's I have seen use the parking lights as the DRL's, however I did see one yesterday that had the headlights on as the DRL's. I read the manual and it didn't specify as to which lights should be on as DRL's, but I did read that by using the key switch and the keyless entry remote you can select different alarm warning feedbacks and other such options so I was curious if there is a way to specify which lights run as the DRL's. If not why does mine use the headlights and most all others I have seen use the parking lights? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Scott.
Old 09-19-2006, 02:14 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale
Default Re: DRL Question

The factory switched to 'dim mode' on the headlights instead of the orange lights to the side of the headlights around the first of the year...unfortunately, there is no way to switch it without a gm/hummer computer wizard...

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 09-19-2006, 04:06 PM
Elcova Rookie

Hummerguy04 is off the scale

Thanks alot for that info. I just wanted to make sure I didn't have a lemon.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:16 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the DRL on the corner lights.
I beleve you can shut them off with the button on the dash(on left side near headlight switch) untill next start up.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

Interleukin is on a distinguished road

Fourfourtwo is correct, just turn the headlight switch to the left and the DRLs (headlights) shut off until the next time you start it up.

My H3 was built in April 2006 and purchased in July and my headlights are the DRLs. However, it's kind of a pain in the ass to always remember to turn them off, so I have just got accustomed to the idea of them probably burning out quicker than usual.

The SAINTS are coming!!!
Geaux LSU!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:54 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interleukin
Fourfourtwo is correct, just turn the headlight switch to the left and the DRLs (headlights) shut off until the next time you start it up.

My H3 was built in April 2006 and purchased in July and my headlights are the DRLs. However, it's kind of a pain in the ass to always remember to turn them off, so I have just got accustomed to the idea of them probably burning out quicker than usual.

Never had one burn out yet in any of my vehicles, and most have been headlamp DRLs. My vettes had signal DRLs and never replaced a bulb.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:56 AM
Hummer Professional

raptorman53 is on a distinguished road

Mine was built Jan. of 06 and has the headlight DRL's. I wish I could change them, because I want to upgrade the headlights. But, I don't know how long the aftermarket lights will last.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron
Old 09-20-2006, 09:05 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman53
Mine was built Jan. of 06 and has the headlight DRL's. I wish I could change them, because I want to upgrade the headlights. But, I don't know how long the aftermarket lights will last.

I've used Sylvania Silverstars in my other vehicles with DRLs for several years and they always last about a year. Don't know if they have any for the H3 tho.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Lex_Ordo

What I've noticed is that after the 1st of Jan '06 the DRL, are the slightly dimmer headlights and the position of the GM Accent plate on the body is located higher on the fender, just forward of the doors.

The first '06 H3's which had the parking lamps as the DRL, also appear to have had the GM Accent plate located on the front door by the H3 logo.

I looked at the '07's, and they follow the same design as the later production '06's. FWIW.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Hummer Veteran

fw888 is on a distinguished road

how do you know what month and yr. the car is built ?
Adv. Pack, Chrome Pack, Chrome Step Assist, Chrome fuel cover, Chrome Hood with handle, Chrome air intake, Chrome side marker light, Oem Brushguard, Tow Package, Factory Mudflaps Front/Back, XM Radio, OnStar ... more to come
Old 09-21-2006, 04:29 AM
Lex_Ordo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw888
how do you know what month and yr. the car is built ?

On the inside of the Driver side door, there is a label. Probably on the actual Vehicle frame rather than the door. On the top right corner there will be a 4 digit date stamp. Mine is 03/06.

This is the Month and year of the build. Remember though that the Shreveport Plant is turning out something like 23 or 24 H3's a day. You may find as I did some labels attached to some of the chasis components. These are Bar Coded labels that had the specific date of 03/27/06. This must have been my truck's born on date and was how the assembly plant monitored the completion of the vehicle in it's different stages on the line.
HTH
Old 09-21-2006, 11:01 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

They are turning out a lot more than 25 per day. Even if the plant was running 365 days per year, that is only a little over 9K units per year. They are sellling upward of 40K H3s per year. Actual plant days is probably around 250 depending on weekend builds and units required.
The labels on the components are added by the manufacturer, and the Shreveport plant is on the Kanban system, so that date is only good for the actual part build. Depending on where that axle is built, it could have been shipped to the plant the actual day it was manufactured by AAM. (Not sure where AAM's plant is for that particular axle.)
H3 Builder step in if I'm incorrect. I'm assuming Shreveport is similar to Spring Hill with the Kanban system.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:45 AM
Lex_Ordo

Thanks F5Stop, I didn't know that about the parts. I'm already learning more about this truck!