H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

BUNNY15 is on a distinguished road
Default Borla vs. Magnaflow

Hi everyone...I'm new to this forum. Bought an 03 H2 back in May and its all stock...I'm ready to start my mods. Can anyone tell me if there is a significant difference between Borla and Magnaflow? I have only used Flowmasters on a previous Ford and Dodge. I have narrowed my exhaust choices down to these two. Also, I'm considering new heads and a 6" Fabtech with 40" muds, probably Toyo...any advice? Thanks

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)
Old 10-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Borla vs. Magnaflow

i believe borla is the company that makes the factory dual exhaust for the H2. i have it on mine and it sounds great. havent had a problem with it. i have borla on my camaro also. i wouldnt have it any other way. borla is the best in my eyes.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:41 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Why not stick with Flowmaster? I put the FM American Thunder on mine and it sounds sweet.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

atomicgoofball is on a distinguished road

Do any of you fine gentleman happen to have a video or a sound clip? Im going to order a new exhaust also in the next few weeks and would love to get an audio example!
Old 10-25-2011, 07:09 PM
Hummer Professional

PaHumBug is on a distinguished road

I have a flowmaster now, it's OK, but not quite loud enough for my tastes, but it's nice on the inside too. I had a magnaflow on a previous H2, it sounded awesome, but the resonance droning inside the cab was pretty annoying. I've heard Borla's that sound incredible from the outside but I have no idea how they sound inside.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:51 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaHumBug
I have a flowmaster now, it's OK, but not quite loud enough for my tastes, but it's nice on the inside too. I had a magnaflow on a previous H2, it sounded awesome, but the resonance droning inside the cab was pretty annoying. I've heard Borla's that sound incredible from the outside but I have no idea how they sound inside.

It goes "GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM...grummm...grummm...grummm...wah..wah..wah ..wah...GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM!" Which makes me smile, annoys my neighbors, and makes Jeepsters sad. Poor little 3.8.

LOL (at myself)...I'll see if I can dig up the audio files I made after my install to help you out, but they never sound as good as they do in person.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

atomicgoofball is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by guruerror
It goes "GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM...grummm...grummm...grummm...wah..wah..wah ..wah...GRUM GRUM GRUUUUM!" Which makes me smile, annoys my neighbors, and makes Jeepsters sad. Poor little 3.8.

LOL (at myself)...I'll see if I can dig up the audio files I made after my install to help you out, but they never sound as good as they do in person.
Hahaha I love the sound effects! I can visualize it now! Yeah If you can find those files that would be awesome, gives a little room for imagination
Old 10-25-2011, 08:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Exclamation Re: Borla vs. Magnaflow

Thanks for the responses. Ive seen a video on youtube with Borla and it sounded great, but I've never heard Mags....ok, any advice on the lift or mud tire choices? Really want to push 40's. Heard I can regear but don't really have to...Myth or fact?

2003 H2, Moog Idler, Pitman, Up/Low BJ, In/Out TR, Fabtech 6in Lift, Yokohama Geolander M/T 40x15.50x20, Black XD Bombs 20x9, Bilstein 5100 Shocks, Yukon 5:13 gears f/r, Hypertech Max programmer, KC 851 HID's 35w, Pioneer DVD/NAV/TOUCHSC, 10" woofers, 6k Headlight HID's, White LED DRL (wired to run w/headlights on),Custom University of Texas gauges, Custom yellow paint. interior, Fuel pump/filter (Feb '13), Rebuilt 4L60E (April '13) & Rebuilt Transfer Case (Oct '14)
Old 10-25-2011, 08:50 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUNNY15
Thanks for the responses. Ive seen a video on youtube with Borla and it sounded great, but I've never heard Mags....ok, any advice on the lift or mud tire choices? Really want to push 40's. Heard I can regear but don't really have to...Myth or fact?
With 40s!? I'd re-gear...my truck dragged a55 just going to 37s. A set of 4.56s and a programmer fixed it right up.
Old 11-11-2011, 02:38 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ok thanks! Think it's gonna be Borla and Toyo 40x15.50x20 with 20x12...Coooome oooon income tax!!!!

Old 11-11-2011, 07:12 PM
Hummer Expert

tyler1bo is on a distinguished road

hahaha..the easy way to spend $7-$8,000! Can't wait to see it once it's done! Wish I could help on the exhaust choice but I've never heard mags or borla..I have Corsa on mine.
AMP Research Steps
10" JL Audio sub w/ box and amp
Truxxx Lift 2.5" F-1.5" R
4" Rancho Lift
Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust
K&N Cold Air Intake
Spare Removed
RealWheels Eliminator Kit w/o hooks
Defenderworx hooks
Body matched grille
Ford Raptor 6.2L emblem
GS Creations Plexi-glass tail light and front turn tint
RealWheels Oversized Black Hood Handles
Recon Smoked Cab lights
More...

Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

slippy is on a distinguished road

I have the borla. Search around online and fine the tone you want. Borla sounds like a boat. BlumBlumBlumBlumBlum. It fits what i wanted, but its probably not for everyone.