H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-14-2006, 09:38 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Please

I'll go over this one more time for everyone.
There are certain items that are only installed at the plant, such as interior types (leather/cloth), radio option, XM, Monsoon, locking rear axle, off-road (adventure series) t/case, etc. These are known in the business as RPOs (Regular Production Options). (Note: Dealers can switch radios, install XM etc., but these are on a one-on-one basis and are up to the dealer. Basically, these items are ordered with the vehicle and are considered RPOs.)

Then, there are RPAs (Regular Production Accessories), and these accessories are priced as part of the MSRP, but are actually installed by the Dealer, or by a third party contracted by GM, since many Dealers do not like to install these RPAs. These RPAs are items such as Brush Guards, Market Lamps, Driving Lights, Tube Steps, etc.
The advantage of these items is they are priced the same no matter where you purchase your vehicle, and they are priced on the MSRP. The Disadvantage is some Dealers do not believe they are paid enough for the installation; thus they hate to order them, or they are ordered and the third party installs the items for the dealer. In this case, the vehicle is shipped to the third party installer, and the items are installed and then shipped to the dealer for sale. This could be where the tie up is. The third party supplier is waiting for the items to be shipped for installation on the vehicle.
When an RPA is ordered on the MSRP, the day the vehicle is registered as having completed successfully the DVT (Dynamic Vehicle Test) at the end of the line, the information entered from the completion, triggers GM Service Parts to ship the required RPA to the Dealer or to the third party installer, depending on the Dealer's request. That way, when the vehicle hits the Dealer or the third party installer, the box with the required RPAs are sitting at that location with the VIN of the vehicle clearly marked on the box.
(Dealer and/or third party get paid what GM determines to be a fair price for installation. This is where some dealers state the amount is not enough. It is, but they can get more as a Dealer Installed Accessory, see the following.)

Now to add some confusion, most of the RPAs that you can order as part of the MSRP, can also be separately ordered by the dealer, and installed as a Dealer Installed Accessory (DIA). When the item is not ordered on the MSRP as part of the original order, and installed by the dealer as a DIA, the dealer has the right to charge anything they want for the item and the installation.

For example, that is why the Brush Guard was $600.00 as an RPA, but can be any price the dealer can get from the customer. If the customer is willing to pay $1000.00 for the brush guard as a dealer installed accessory it is legal and there is nothing GM can do. Only thing that can control this price is the market place. If dealer A wants $1000.00 and Dealer B only wants $800.00, then dealer B will get more business.

Why there is a hold on the vehicles due to the marker lamps is probably that the plant won't ship due to a stop order on the parts. My recommendation would be to sit down with the dealer, and make an agreement to delete the items from the ordered vehicle, and when they are available the dealer will install the item at the same price that was quoted on the MSRP. Make sure it is in writing. Or, wait until the marker lamps come off stop order and the new ones are available for shipment to the dealer or to the third party installer.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:10 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Please

Thanks F5 For that excellent explanation. I think I got it now... In fact I just spoke to the Dealer and I am staying with the factory order and will wait for delivery.

They do not install any Items but have there vehicals arrive equipped with factory odred Accessories like the light bars and steps etc. They do install special ordered items like the afor mentioned but charge for labor for install such as my Light Bar wich is $200.00. And you are correct.. they get $899.00 for a Brush Gaurd Installed.

The more I ask the more I know..... Thanks Again..
Old 09-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
That way, when the vehicle hits the Dealer or the third party installer, the box with the required RPAs are sitting at that location with the VIN of the vehicle clearly marked on the box.

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 09-15-2006, 12:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Is The Dealer BS-ing Me Here..???? Hummer Workers ..This Ones For You..Answere Pl

As always, another excellent explanation from f5fstop!

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Bill
Old 09-15-2006, 12:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy

Ok Brian.... You gonna let us in on the.....or is it an inside joke...
Old 09-15-2006, 04:25 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

I do know that the plant has a company that installs certain items on certain trucks and Hummers. Some trucks are modified for like Orkin or other companies with tool boxes. Extreme Colorado trucks are finished at these places also. Then there is the H3X, they install the brush guard and hard spare carrier, and the rest of the things that can't be installed on the assembly line. These extras can cost GM lots of money to install in regular production process.

The other reason that these could be on hold is if the noise is comming from the winshield, there could be a fix comming and they are waiting for the change to the body. If you want it sooner, then have them cancel the lights that are on hold. I would think that they will come out with a fix for the ones already built.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:01 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Ok Brian.... You gonna let us in on the.....or is it an inside joke...
Its just rare that all the parts arrive on time so they can be put on the truck -- but kudos to GM for getting better lately!

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Guy
Its just rare that all the parts arrive on time so they can be put on the truck -- but kudos to GM for getting better lately!

Yeah.. that's why they call it..."Just In Time Manufacturing"....Or....Almost Just in time...
Old 09-15-2006, 06:39 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
I'll go over this one more time for everyone.
There are certain items that are only installed at the plant, such as interior types (leather/cloth), radio option, XM, Monsoon, locking rear axle, off-road (adventure series) t/case, etc. These are known in the business as RPOs (Regular Production Options). (Note: Dealers can switch radios, install XM etc., but these are on a one-on-one basis and are up to the dealer. Basically, these items are ordered with the vehicle and are considered RPOs.)

Then, there are RPAs (Regular Production Accessories), and these accessories are priced as part of the MSRP, but are actually installed by the Dealer, or by a third party contracted by GM, since many Dealers do not like to install these RPAs. These RPAs are items such as Brush Guards, Market Lamps, Driving Lights, Tube Steps, etc.
The advantage of these items is they are priced the same no matter where you purchase your vehicle, and they are priced on the MSRP. The Disadvantage is some Dealers do not believe they are paid enough for the installation; thus they hate to order them, or they are ordered and the third party installs the items for the dealer. In this case, the vehicle is shipped to the third party installer, and the items are installed and then shipped to the dealer for sale. This could be where the tie up is. The third party supplier is waiting for the items to be shipped for installation on the vehicle.
When an RPA is ordered on the MSRP, the day the vehicle is registered as having completed successfully the DVT (Dynamic Vehicle Test) at the end of the line, the information entered from the completion, triggers GM Service Parts to ship the required RPA to the Dealer or to the third party installer, depending on the Dealer's request. That way, when the vehicle hits the Dealer or the third party installer, the box with the required RPAs are sitting at that location with the VIN of the vehicle clearly marked on the box.
(Dealer and/or third party get paid what GM determines to be a fair price for installation. This is where some dealers state the amount is not enough. It is, but they can get more as a Dealer Installed Accessory, see the following.)

Now to add some confusion, most of the RPAs that you can order as part of the MSRP, can also be separately ordered by the dealer, and installed as a Dealer Installed Accessory (DIA). When the item is not ordered on the MSRP as part of the original order, and installed by the dealer as a DIA, the dealer has the right to charge anything they want for the item and the installation.

For example, that is why the Brush Guard was $600.00 as an RPA, but can be any price the dealer can get from the customer. If the customer is willing to pay $1000.00 for the brush guard as a dealer installed accessory it is legal and there is nothing GM can do. Only thing that can control this price is the market place. If dealer A wants $1000.00 and Dealer B only wants $800.00, then dealer B will get more business.

Why there is a hold on the vehicles due to the marker lamps is probably that the plant won't ship due to a stop order on the parts. My recommendation would be to sit down with the dealer, and make an agreement to delete the items from the ordered vehicle, and when they are available the dealer will install the item at the same price that was quoted on the MSRP. Make sure it is in writing. Or, wait until the marker lamps come off stop order and the new ones are available for shipment to the dealer or to the third party installer.

If I were to compose that, I would need a nap right after.
Old 09-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by partsguy
If I were to compose that, I would need a nap right after.

Yeah He's the best.. Took a lot of time to put that together. It did clear the air though....

Wonder if the Japanese have an "F5" for there Forum..??