H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

YellowH3 is off the scale

[rant]This is the second time the Airbag light went on since October. I brought it in last time and I was advised it was a problem with the SDM module. I waited 4 days for the module to come. They installed the SDM mod and it didn’t clear the code. They had to order some other type of electronics and it cleared the code.The whole ordeal took about two weeks. It happened again 2 weeks ago, and the truck has been there since last Wednesday. I was advised again, the problem was the SDM module. I was told they were going to next day air one in for Friday. Called them on Friday and they said they are trying to track it with UPS. No call back on Friday. I called Monday morning, and I was advised the part came but it didn’t clear the code (exact same BS I got last time) I then asked when it would be done. I was told, “The best I can do is to tell you we are in contact with HUMMER.” I guess good help is hard to find. What happened to days of the real mechanics, not just inexperienced parts swappers? How hard is it to follow a troubleshooting guide?? If your just guessing, take one off a rig in the lot, don't make the customer wait on a guess [/rant]
2006 H3 Adventure, Competition Yellow, Ebony int., Monsoon, XM, HID\'s, Custom Off-Road Grill Lights, Gravel filled floor mats, Mud packed undercarrige, Dust covered dash, Airbag light ON, DVD, 2 Flip Downs, Headrests, Rear Camera, Front Camera

Old 02-27-2006, 08:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

[rant]This is the second time the Airbag light went on since October. I brought it in last time and I was advised it was a problem with the SDM module. I waited 4 days for the module to come. They installed the SDM mod and it didn’t clear the code. They had to order some other type of electronics and it cleared the code.The whole ordeal took about two weeks. It happened again 2 weeks ago, and the truck has been there since last Wednesday. I was advised again, the problem was the SDM module. I was told they were going to next day air one in for Friday. Called them on Friday and they said they are trying to track it with UPS. No call back on Friday. I called Monday morning, and I was advised the part came but it didn’t clear the code (exact same BS I got last time) I then asked when it would be done. I was told, “The best I can do is to tell you we are in contact with HUMMER.” I guess good help is hard to find. What happened to days of the real mechanics, not just inexperienced parts swappers? How hard is it to follow a troubleshooting guide?? If your just guessing, take one off a rig in the lot, don't make the customer wait on a guess [/rant]
2006 H3 Adventure, Competition Yellow, Ebony int., Monsoon, XM, HID\'s, Custom Off-Road Grill Lights, Gravel filled floor mats, Mud packed undercarrige, Dust covered dash, Airbag light ON, DVD, 2 Flip Downs, Headrests, Rear Camera, Front Camera

Old 02-27-2006, 08:40 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YellowH3:
[rant]This is the second time the Airbag light went on since October. I brought it in last time and I was advised it was a problem with the SDM module. I waited 4 days for the module to come. They installed the SDM mod and it didn’t clear the code. They had to order some other type of electronics and it cleared the code.The whole ordeal took about two weeks. It happened again 2 weeks ago, and the truck has been there since last Wednesday. I was advised again, the problem was the SDM module. I was told they were going to next day air one in for Friday. Called them on Friday and they said they are trying to track it with UPS. No call back on Friday. I called Monday morning, and I was advised the part came but it didn’t clear the code (exact same BS I got last time) I then asked when it would be done. I was told, “The best I can do is to tell you we are in contact with HUMMER.” I guess good help is hard to find. What happened to days of the real mechanics, not just inexperienced parts swappers? How hard is it to follow a troubleshooting guide?? If your just guessing, take one off a rig in the lot, don't make the customer wait on a guess [/rant] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like they blew the first diagnosis on the SDM. Do you know the code(s)?
Also, I'm PM'ing you about another item...so look at your PMs.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by f5fstop:
I'm PM'ing you about another item...so look at your PMs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thanks f5.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:45 AM
Hummer Expert

evldave is off the scale

I had my airbag light go off as well. Took it into the dealer and there was a connector under the drivers seat that had come loose (too much of my crap floating around the back seat I guess). Anyway, ask them to check the airbag connection under the seat and see if that's loose.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by YellowH3:
[rant]This is the second time the Airbag light went on since October. I brought it in last time and I was advised it was a problem with the SDM module. I waited 4 days for the module to come. They installed the SDM mod and it didn’t clear the code. They had to order some other type of electronics and it cleared the code.The whole ordeal took about two weeks. It happened again 2 weeks ago, and the truck has been there since last Wednesday. I was advised again, the problem was the SDM module. I was told they were going to next day air one in for Friday. Called them on Friday and they said they are trying to track it with UPS. No call back on Friday. I called Monday morning, and I was advised the part came but it didn’t clear the code (exact same BS I got last time) I then asked when it would be done. I was told, “The best I can do is to tell you we are in contact with HUMMER.” I guess good help is hard to find. What happened to days of the real mechanics, not just inexperienced parts swappers? How hard is it to follow a troubleshooting guide?? If your just guessing, take one off a rig in the lot, don't make the customer wait on a guess [/rant] </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could be worse...
Attached Images

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 02-28-2006, 02:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

My dealer had one (not mine) in the shop that looked exactly like the one above. They said it was the BCM.

Side Note: They also said the BCM would fix my TPM and they were right
Old 02-28-2006, 01:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ketcat:
My dealer had one (not mine) in the shop that looked exactly like the one above. They said it was the BCM.

Side Note: They also said the BCM would fix my TPM and they were right </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Great, I hope it wasn't a Yellow one at Lund.