H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-01-2014, 03:25 PM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default H2 Wheel Spacers, I have some questions....

With the installation of my fender flares the stock wheels look horrible being sunk in so much. I had originally thought of going with the 16.5" military wheels with 37's on them and those would require from what I've read a 2" wheel spacer. That is one route, a second route I'm thinking about is just keeping my stockers but putting the 2" spacers on them to push them out a bit and maybe just buying 37's for them.

Now I have read a lot about what is and the difference in hub vs. lug centric so that I understand.

On to the questions:

-Are the stock H2 wheels hub centric or lug centric? The wheels fit onto the lip on the hub which would lead me to believe they are hub centric, BUT the lugs are tapered which would mean lug centric....are they both??

-What is the center bore of the stock H2 wheels? I'm finding varying numbers but the more common number I see is 117mm.

-Does anyone know the center bore of the H1 military 24-bolt offset rims?

-Are hub centric spacers necessary, could I get away with lug centric and be safe?

I know one guy put these wheels on his truck with what looks to be lug centric and he hasn't had any issues at all. Obviously I think hub centric would be the better bet however lug centric are roughly half the price of hub centric.

Here's what I've found for possibilities so far:

This is where Messiah bought his spacers, as I mentioned they must be lug centric considering the info says the center bore is 146mm.

http://billetwheeladapters.com/wheel...0-2-thick.html

These are TRUE hub centric spacers I found:

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/spec...y_s?Next=16-30

About 2/3 down you'll see Chevrolet 2500/3500 2.00" Wheel Spacer. It says center bore 116.8mm.

Finally from fleabay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261279985296... 4.m1423.l2649

This are a great price but the specs are throwing me off. It says rim ring 116.7mm but I.D. 126.15mm. I'm wondering if the I.D. is the rear of the spacer so the stock hub flange can fit?? I'll have to contact the seller on that one.

This is an example of some lug centric spacers, insanely cheaper than all of the ones posted above:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/301151163458... 4.m1423.l2649

I know spacers aren't ideal but reading around multiple dodge, jeep, etc forums many people use them and wheel with them without issue. Plus most are only using lug centric spacers.

Any thoughts and any info on the questions I posted? I know its a long read so thanks in advance!!
Old 05-21-2014, 04:48 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road
Default Re: H2 Wheel Spacers, I have some questions....

I'm not a fan of spacers...they just seem like a 'weak link' in my opinion, but here's some input on some of your questions based upon what I've researched in the past...

I'm pretty sure that you can run lug-centric or hub-centric rims on the H2 without a problem. I would classify the stockers as hub-centric 'cause they fit so snugly around the hub. Hub-centric obviously would take pressure off of the lugs and provide a more solid solution than lug-centric...but if you're keeping it on the streets for the most part, I'd think that either would work just fine. I'm pretty sure my Rockstars are lug-centric...they're not snug up to the hub like stockers were and I've given them a good beating over the years without a problem.

You can run H1 rims on an H2...they'll definitely fit lug-centric as the H1 has a larger hub. Unfortunately I don't know the exact measurements for either.

Lastly...if you're looking at different rims you might be able to forget about spacers if you get wheels with a different offset. The offset on my RSs is different than what my stockers were, which ended up pushing the rubber further out (about an inch) from the fenders and widening the stance. An aggressive side tread will also help.

Just some thoughts...