H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 03-23-2007, 12:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

Location: PA, Back in the deep mountains, away from stupid people!!
hummer_metal is on a distinguished road
Default Two dealerships, Hall in VA, Wright in PA....

Phil works at Hall Hummer in Va. and always has a "can do attitude" which I respect.

Whenever I took my truck in for service, it was always returned cleaned inside and out.

Yesterday I took my truck to Wright Hummer and spoke with Dan about adding the lights that were on hold by GM when I bought my truck. He said he didn't think that Wright could put the lights on that I was supposed to get.

He went and talked to John, who is Wrights service manager, and reported back to me that it couldn't be done and that Hall would have to send me a check and then I would have to pay Wright to add the lights.

So I called Phil at Hall while I was standing at Dans desk. Phil said he would look into it and they could do it.

Ken Wright, the owner, who I never met before. Drove in the service bay in a H3 got out of the truck and walked up to my Hummer looking at the free tire cover Hall put on my truck.

That started a conversation, than he introduced himself and we started to talk about off roading. So happens I was still upset about the lights issue, I paid for them 595.00 worth so I should get them.

Well Ken told Dan to make sure to get me squared away and take care of me, of course John was there and handed me his business card.

I wonder how I would feel, as a customer if Ken, the dealership owner hadn't been there to tell Dan and John to take care of me?

Never-the-less the problem has been solved. I left Wright driving a 4 door sedan, and hey what's up with that anyway? Hall always rented me a H3!!

Before leaving Ken said he would like to go off roading with me sometime, all of you know what that means. Thats right, I am going to take him to "the 4x4off road secret spot" and see if we can't throw up a little mud

Being that I am plaining a off road event in April anyway, if you live in western PA and wanna go with us let me know.

These are seasoned trails so we will be treading softly, yeah right

veg?e?tar?i?an (vĕj'ĭ-t?r'ē-ən): Old Indian word for "Poor Hunter"

http://themetalpeddler.com
Old 03-23-2007, 01:33 PM
Hummer Expert

H3.007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Two dealerships, Hall in VA, Wright in PA....

I experienced a similar issue with Wrights when I bought my H3 there in April 2006. It had the running lights preinstalled. I bought the Adv. package and told them that having an Adv. package w/o the off road lights was like having a screen door on a submarine. They also gave me the song and dance about - "dunno if it is possible". When I told them it was a deal breaker, it became possible quite quickly - bu they wanted to charge me for the off road lights as well as keep the running lights. I was getting impatient to take delivery so I bit.

What gives? Aren't these light sets relatively easy to install?
Old 03-23-2007, 02:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

Bought mine at Wright, never met teh owner but I first bought there they had a world class service Department. I am having teh nfmaous service engine light and the stalling problem and Wright told me I had to bring it in that even though it had stalled on me at highway speed just to drive it in. I ended up calling HUmmer roadside who came adn got it. I called yesterday to see if there was any info adn they did not even initially know they had my Hummer...

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8
Old 03-25-2007, 09:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Alright...

Great!!! Dan called and said that he had the lights installed, while Phil at Hall Hummer shipped the set to me, which I will take to Wrights to give back to them.

Also during the conversation Dan said that the CV joint which is shot, could not be replaced till Wed. or Thurs. as they didn't have one in stock. he wanted me to drive back an hour to return the rental and pick up my truck.

SAFETY issue here, the CV joint is shot, driving the truck further may cause it to break. I guess the rental cost was an issue, so I told him he could send a driver here to pick up the car and I'd just drive my wifes Jag. She was not happy about that. He stated that was too much of a hassle.

I'd say that Hall has done everything they could and Wright is moving forward and doing what needs to get done.

Whenever I have had dealings with Hall Hummer Of Va Beach, they have always had a "can do attitude". It was "bring in your rig so we can get it done and we will give you a rental and call you when it is done.

My relationship with Wright is new, and it is a positive start. Seems that I will be trading in my rig every two years, I will need to have a local dealership to purchase from.

Of course those kind folks down at Hall might spring for a weekend hotel room down on the strip and I could purchase from them.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:59 AM
Hummer Novice

Ed Coryell is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Two dealerships, Hall in VA, Wright in PA....

Just wanted to add my two cents - I've had only great service from Phil at the Hall dealership in Virginia Beach. Bought my H3 there almost two years ago - got one of the first ones off the lot - and anytime I need anything taken care of, Phil makes sure it's done. And about returning the vehicle clean - even when it's just in for an oil change, Phil makes sure it looks good when I pick it up.
Old 04-03-2007, 05:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

A gentle bump for Dan the man, and to Ken....