H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-03-2006, 05:58 PM
Hummer Professional

ChevyHighPerformance is off the scale
Default Re: Rear E-Locker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
I have the service manual and pages 4-150, 4-156, 4-160 explain the following respectively: Differential lock schematics, Circuit Description, and Electronic Diff Lock Will Not Disengage troubleshooting. I wish I could post this and have it be readable or be able to explain it. (I'm a Pharmacist not an Electrical Engineer) if anyone else can post this info for ChevyHighPerformance to look at we might have an answer.

I have these too. The control monitors the return. My question is it through a relatively large resistance to limit current (like 3 ohms) or a small resistance (like 0.25 ohms) just to monitor the current. My guess is that it's a small resistance, but I'd like to make sure. That's why I asked for a resistance measurement.
Old 11-03-2006, 09:34 PM
Hummer Professional

DURAMAX TIM is off the scale

I'll do it sunday if someone doesn't get it done before.
Ex H2&3 owner
My hiking boots and canoe paddle have more miles than most 'offroad' vehicles, over 350 in last year.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:56 AM
Hummer Professional

Here is the circuit I?m thinking about to remotely control the e-locker. First, there are many different circuits to do this function. I?m leaning this way because you only need a single wire to run to the remote control switch. When you use the normal stock e-lock switch, the light green wire gets +12 volts and the black wire gets tied to ground. This energizes the relay?s coil. The contacts connect the e-locker coil to the transfer case shift control module.

When the normal stock e-lock switch is selected to disable the e-lock, you can control the e-locker using the remote switch. When the switch is closed, +12 volts is applied and current flows through a 5 amp fuse, a resistor (depends on the black wire to ground resistance measurement), to the e-locker coil, and then to ground.

It?s probably best to not use both the normal stock e-lock switch and the new switch. If both switches are used, you go over 20 MPH, and the transfer case shift control module tries to deenergize the e-locker, the relay will open and your remote switch will supply power to keep the e-locker engaged. The concern is I don?t know what happens to the e-locker while the relay transitions from on to off.

The part numbers listed are Radio Shack part numbers. Do not eliminate the diode.
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

CHP,
Your concern on this mod regarding using this override circuit and the stock circuit is valid. There is a missing link in your stock illustration that would be the interrupter or sensor that opens this circuit when certain conditions are met.
Implementing this mod would not be advised till after warrentee expiration.
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 01-12-2007, 02:04 AM
Hummer Professional

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance
Here are two pages from the owners manual. You can get the electronic owners manual from www.mygmlink.com after you register.

It looks like I'm wrong and HummBebe is correct. I switched the stabilitrak system off by holding down the stab button, as the manual states, and I was still able to get the traction control to kick in even though the display showed "stab sys off". This is different from how the owners manual says the system operates.
Old 01-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyHighPerformance
It looks like I'm wrong and HummBebe is correct. I switched the stabilitrak system off by holding down the stab button, as the manual states, and I was still able to get the traction control to kick in even though the display showed "stab sys off". This is different from how the owners manual says the system operates.

Thank you for posting that.
Old 01-12-2007, 08:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewie
The locker is availabe with either transmission and the bypass he's referring to is so that it can be engaged in 4Hi-Lock. From the factory, you can only engage the rear locker when in 4Lo and it automatically disengages if you go over 20mph, IIRC.

There was some talk about this on here before. But I haven't seen anyone post that they have successfully bypassed it in the H3 yet.

The rear locker can be modified to work "anytime". There is a way where you can add a "bypass" wire to trick the CPU that it was in 4-low. It's been done many times with Tacomas and some Heeps. I'll try and take a more deeper look into this.

My Video Collectionez