Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Off-Roading

Old 06-09-2003, 02:46 PM

SJ is off the scale

I don't think there is any one marque or model that is the absolute best off-road machine on the planet. They all have strengths and weaknesses in the various aspects of wheeling, so my question is more of what differences you've witnessed between the H2 and other vehicles?
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 07-22-2003, 04:34 AM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

H2 handles better on Oklahoma roads than all other vehicles I have owned. None were meant for off-road, but goes to show you what shape the roads here are in.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 09-09-2003, 01:42 AM

SuperPoser is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJ:
I don't think there is any one marque or model that is the absolute best off-road machine on the planet. They all have strengths and weaknesses in the various aspects of wheeling, so my question is more of what _differences_ you've witnessed between the H2 and other vehicles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

if you want an offroad vehicle, you have to build one,... or buy one someone else built...lol

also, the vehicle is only as good as the person driving it...

http://www.eng.ysu.edu/~melliott/hobbies.htm
Old 05-10-2004, 04:46 PM

rhino600 is off the scale

I've found that onroad strenghts usually take away from the offroad experience. For ten grand a 600cc rhino from yamaha will give you an extremely capable toy. The open air experience makes up for any of the fun lost by the rather small engine. Currently I have a Polaris competitor which is not as capable. However based on my experience with that, it is more fun than any truck I have taken offroad
Old 05-10-2004, 04:46 PM

rhino600 is off the scale

I've found that onroad strenghts usually take away from the offroad experience. For ten grand a 600cc rhino from yamaha will give you an extremely capable toy. The open air experience makes up for any of the fun lost by the rather small engine. Currently I have a Polaris competitor which is not as capable. However based on my experience with that, it is more fun than any truck I have taken offroad
Old 05-11-2004, 04:29 AM

80/100 is off the scale

Found ya rhino!

-Matt
Old 05-11-2004, 04:29 AM

80/100 is off the scale

Found ya rhino!

-Matt
Old 11-24-2004, 12:54 PM

MountainMan is off the scale

off road the H2 is kinda marginal, My wrangler walks circles around my H2, on road the H2 is comfy and stable
off road it is big heavy and has the turning radius of a school bus, it,s flex is as bad as a chevy truck, wait it is a chevey truck.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:54 PM

off road the H2 is kinda marginal, My wrangler walks circles around my H2, on road the H2 is comfy and stable
off road it is big heavy and has the turning radius of a school bus, it,s flex is as bad as a chevy truck, wait it is a chevey truck.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:43 PM

I would never let the fact that a product I own blinds the way I reason. A H2 has a great macho appeal and it can offroad, plus is a useful SUV.There are stock Vehicles that can far outdo H2s in several catogories, Take a Land Rover for instance, Or a Rubicon Wrangler. Face it we may love our H2s but they are basicly chevy Tahoes when it comes to offroading, Capable but not the best.
You can say whatever you want about what I just posted, but it changes nothing.
I have taken my H2 wheeling and can tell you that from the viewpoint of a advid wheeler with 28 years plus experiance, the H2 is not any more than average.
Old 11-24-2004, 01:43 PM

I would never let the fact that a product I own blinds the way I reason. A H2 has a great macho appeal and it can offroad, plus is a useful SUV.There are stock Vehicles that can far outdo H2s in several catogories, Take a Land Rover for instance, Or a Rubicon Wrangler. Face it we may love our H2s but they are basicly chevy Tahoes when it comes to offroading, Capable but not the best.
You can say whatever you want about what I just posted, but it changes nothing.
I have taken my H2 wheeling and can tell you that from the viewpoint of a advid wheeler with 28 years plus experiance, the H2 is not any more than average.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
I call bull****, you don't own one... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly. By the way, dumbass, this argument is about 1 year too late. Even Jeepers have come to realize that they can't bash the H2 anymore because it makes them look as ignorant as you.
Old 11-24-2004, 02:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
I call bull****, you don't own one... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Exactly. By the way, dumbass, this argument is about 1 year too late. Even Jeepers have come to realize that they can't bash the H2 anymore because it makes them look as ignorant as you.
Old 11-24-2004, 03:03 PM

nope not in Jeeps, bought my first jeep this year infact. I have had 2 toys and a number of chevys
I off road in southern Ca, Utah, and a lot down in Mexico
the ability to get up over something in no way is the make for ofroading, it has to be able to take angles, turn sharply, flex. fuel effientcy and crawling are nice features, mechanical reliability is a high rating and so is engineered prtection of parts in stock form. If you have electronics, being able to turn them off with a switch is a must.the ability to see ones tires, ease and positioning of jacking points, location of usable horsepower, proper whell well clearances all help in the ability to 4 by, I could name quite a few that would come to mind when out on a trail.
factoring everything together some of the best rigs I have ever wheeled are anceint by todays showroom standards,
I am not here to argue
I own a H2 and love it
the thread was how do I feel the H2 stands up against other 4x4 platforms we have owned
I give it a 5 on the 1 to 10 scale
you can argue all day if you want
after all the Democrats are still yelling that the republicans stole the election
I think theyare both crazy
now here is a wall, go ahead

ps and this is a edit, I give a stock wrangler a 5 also, for different reasons
Old 11-24-2004, 03:03 PM

nope not in Jeeps, bought my first jeep this year infact. I have had 2 toys and a number of chevys
I off road in southern Ca, Utah, and a lot down in Mexico
the ability to get up over something in no way is the make for ofroading, it has to be able to take angles, turn sharply, flex. fuel effientcy and crawling are nice features, mechanical reliability is a high rating and so is engineered prtection of parts in stock form. If you have electronics, being able to turn them off with a switch is a must.the ability to see ones tires, ease and positioning of jacking points, location of usable horsepower, proper whell well clearances all help in the ability to 4 by, I could name quite a few that would come to mind when out on a trail.
factoring everything together some of the best rigs I have ever wheeled are anceint by todays showroom standards,
I am not here to argue
I own a H2 and love it
the thread was how do I feel the H2 stands up against other 4x4 platforms we have owned
I give it a 5 on the 1 to 10 scale
you can argue all day if you want
after all the Democrats are still yelling that the republicans stole the election
I think theyare both crazy
now here is a wall, go ahead

ps and this is a edit, I give a stock wrangler a 5 also, for different reasons
Old 11-24-2004, 03:27 PM

One last word here
I would never show my lack of respect or education by lowering myself to profanity to prove a point,it only shows that one has run out of logical arguements and needs to revert to childish bullying to win,