Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > Off-Roading

Old 11-12-2004, 10:53 PM

NV Hunter is off the scale

Hey, I just got a new (to me) 2003 H2. I love the hell outa it and am going to go get some fresh mud on it tomorrow. One question though, I have always had 4WDs that seemed to be more compatible to Hi Lift usage. If I need to get the back end up, I figger I'll use the D-Rings. What do you suggest for the sides and front. On the sides, I do have the step bars, which will most likely be taken off before any serious wheelin.

Hey, I just got a new (to me) 2003 H2. I love the hell outa it and am going to go get some fresh mud on it tomorrow. One question though, I have always had 4WDs that seemed to be more compatible to Hi Lift usage. If I need to get the back end up, I figger I'll use the D-Rings. What do you suggest for the sides and front. On the sides, I do have the step bars, which will most likely be taken off before any serious wheelin.

Old 11-14-2004, 01:46 AM

Ok, Thanks for the feedback. I just didn't know if the vehicle weight was too much for the metal on the sides. I guess since you haven't had any problems with it, I'll feel more comfortable. By the way, I did get some minor 4 wheelin in today. Very impressed. Will get a little more advanced once I get a new spare. It rides on 37/12.50 Goodyears. The spare is still the stocker. If anyone has a deal on a used 37 incher I would be interrested.
Old 11-14-2004, 04:17 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hold on, let's make sure we are talking about the same things. The rocker bars are the round tubes tucked right underneath the edge of the rocker panel and can in no way be used for a step. There is nothing to step onto. You mentioned you had "step bars" and these are actually attached to the supports of the rocker bars. Do not lift from the step bars. I've bent mine twice after leaving them on when I shouldn't have and ended up just leaving them off permanently. Of course my pregnant wife is very happy about no steps....well and the extra inch or so in height that I added. But the point is that those step bars are just for the street.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:10 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
Congratulations on the pregnancy, when's he/she due? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>May. We're supposed to do the sonogram sometime soon to find out if we're talking football player or cheerleader.
Old 11-14-2004, 02:32 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sfox:
I'm beginning to wonder if anybody that has ever wheeled their H2 actually has a set of non-bent tube steps

Seriously though, be very careful using the hi-lift anywhere on the H2. The sliders and tow hooks just don't seem to have been designed with hi-lift jacks in mind. If you have ANY alternative on the trail, use it.

Seth <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Funny thing about those side step bars. I would only screw up my right side. Driver's side is in great condition. Although, right now it is being used to hang a bunch of ropes and other junk on it in a barn down at the ranch.

I think my hi-lift is in the same barn. They make a little chain dealie that hooks to your bumper but I haven't seen how well they work on the tow hooks of the H2. You could probably contact Trail Duty to get one of these:
Attached Images

Old 11-15-2004, 12:55 AM

Gotcha, We are on the same sheet of music. The tube steps will definitely come off, based on the massive piles of sand which came home on them the other day. If they were rocks I was goin over, they'da been toast. That Hook deal looks like it would probably work great. If anyone has one, do you know if the rocker bar will fit in that hook. If so that would be great, maybe with a little skateboard tape on the underside of the bars and maybe some on the inside of the hook for extra grip when things get wet. Congratulations Paragon with the little crumb snatcher on the way. Just curious, is this your first?
Old 11-15-2004, 12:59 AM

But then again, I guess the grand for the Warn winch receiver is money well spent and will only have to worry bout the jack in worst case scenario. Spose I could do just about that much in damage with a little Hi-Lift mishap.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:00 AM

But then again, I guess a grand out of the pocke for the Warn winch receiver is money well spent and then I would only have to use the jack in a worst case scenario. I guess I could do just about that much damage in a little Hi-Lift mishap.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:01 AM

Sorry, didn't mean to send it twice. Fkn rookie.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:31 AM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NV Hunter:
Gotcha, We are on the same sheet of music. The tube steps will definitely come off, based on the massive piles of sand which came home on them the other day. If they were rocks I was goin over, they'da been toast. That Hook deal looks like it would probably work great. If anyone has one, do you know if the rocker bar will fit in that hook. If so that would be great, maybe with a little skateboard tape on the underside of the bars and maybe some on the inside of the hook for extra grip when things get wet. Congratulations Paragon with the little crumb snatcher on the way. Just curious, is this your first? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't think the hook will work on the rock rails but you should be able to put the lip of the jack up under the rock rail itself.

This will be number 2 for us, we have soon-to-be 4 year old daughter.
Old 11-19-2004, 04:24 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm wondering if a tree saver strap wrapped around the rockrail would work in an emergency situation.
I'm not sure f the weight capacity of the strap, but I'm sure it would hold up enough to get you out of a sticky situation.

Ric-H2
Old 11-20-2004, 03:56 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi-Lift also has a new tire lift hook accessory. Seemed ideal, since the whole objective is to lift the tires and stack stones under em?
Old 11-21-2004, 04:39 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, used it first time today. The rocker bars work fine. But DEFINITELY USE WITH DOOR OPEN!! (the top of the bar tilt in when jacked, would cause body damage if door was in the way).
Old 11-23-2004, 10:22 PM

I saw a picture of the tire lift, but it seems to me that if you need to jack, your tire would probably be pretty buried in the muck. Anybody have any actual experience with one?