Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 04-05-2007, 05:58 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road
Default New 2008 Liberty

http://www.leftlanenews.com/jeep-liberty.html

Wow, comes with the canvas top. They've one-upped Hummer... Thanks GM. Still has a rather boring interior, but they're not all that expensive anyway.

Old 04-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New 2008 Liberty

I don't get the appeal of the canvas top, just makes breaking into it that much easier for a thug. If you thought the eco nuts keying your HUMMER was bad, imagine what ideas they'd get if you had a canvas top?

Anyway, the new Jeep Nitro... errr, Liberty, continues the bloated Jeep lineup. Jeep is lost, they have no idea where they want to go, only how to copy HUMMER, and badly at that.

They have ONE capable model, everything else is a joke. No wonder Jeep owners are so mad at the world.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:37 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazM
I don't get the appeal of the canvas top, just makes breaking into it that much easier for a thug. If you thought the eco nuts keying your HUMMER was bad, imagine what ideas they'd get if you had a canvas top?

Anyway, the new Jeep Nitro... errr, Liberty, continues the bloated Jeep lineup. Jeep is lost, they have no idea where they want to go, only how to copy HUMMER, and badly at that.

They have ONE capable model, everything else is a joke. No wonder Jeep owners are so mad at the world.

I'm a jeep owner and I'm not mad at the world at all, or jeep for that matter.........

The wrangler TJ still will walk over your turd boxes with minor mods, as well as the new JK... and the other vehicles in their line-up are nice for daily driving commuter vehicles. The Grand Cherokee is a very comfortable, nice, powerful, fun car to drive around. The new 08 with the 6 cylinder turbo diesel with be VERY NICE...... .........Most "jeep owners" as you put it understand that if they want true off-road capability, to get the wrangler. But comparing jeep models to models from other's I dont see why you would think jeep owners and jeep are going downhill........??? The only turd in the line-up I see is the Compass.....
Old 04-05-2007, 09:32 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncricket
I'm a jeep owner and I'm not mad at the world at all, or jeep for that matter.........

The wrangler TJ still will walk over your turd boxes with minor mods, as well as the new JK... and the other vehicles in their line-up are nice for daily driving commuter vehicles. The Grand Cherokee is a very comfortable, nice, powerful, fun car to drive around. The new 08 with the 6 cylinder turbo diesel with be VERY NICE...... .........Most "jeep owners" as you put it understand that if they want true off-road capability, to get the wrangler. But comparing jeep models to models from other's I dont see why you would think jeep owners and jeep are going downhill........??? The only turd in the line-up I see is the Compass.....

You pointed out the exact problem I have with Jeep's. They seperate comfort and capability. You want luxury? Buy a Commander or GC, you want capability? Buy the JK (although you still can't fit 35's on without a lift )

They have 7 models now, 2 of which can be considered capable, everything else are street queens, and 3 of which or HORRIBLE street queens.

Jeep has turned into a bloated portfolio designed by people who have no clue in what direction to take Jeep into.
Old 04-05-2007, 09:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Oh, let me add the Commander is soon to be gone, didn't sell well enough... Hmm I wonder why!?
Old 04-06-2007, 01:50 AM
Steve - SanJose

Looks better than the old Liberty, but still not as nice as the H3. I also don't see what's so great about the canvas top. For the front seat passengers it's not much better than a big glass moonroof. And the potential for damage, leaks, noise is much higher.

The H3 has one of the biggest and best sunroofs in the business so far.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:22 AM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve - SanJose

The H3 has one of the biggest and best sunroofs in the business so far.

As far as single panels go. There are some much, much bigger multi-panel sunroofs, which I would prefer over the canvas personally.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:20 AM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I like my LR3 with the skylights...

'03 H2