Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Sponsors' Forums > General Sponsor Forums

Old 04-30-2007, 10:21 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H2 or H3 sponsorship availabilities?

I think he's legit.....but he's kinda scattering this stuff to the wind...forums aren't really where you go to find sponsorship.

A little bit too much "outside the box".
Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

I agree that he is legit, (has an organization).

I don't blame him for dreaming of a factory sponsor. However - they drive Jeeps, why doesn't Jeep sponsor them? Jeep just paid to sponsor that a drive up a volcano or something, didn't they?

If Hummer sponsors these guys, sounds like they would have to "re-educate" the entire group.

Wait till WWF finds out they drove over tundra without roads.

Old 04-30-2007, 11:30 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Aficionado_VT is on a distinguished road

^LOL

Zeero, I all ready got all of the free HUMMERs from these guys. I asked about a week ago, and all the extras laying around were shipped directly to my home. The guys even raised money for me to build a 12 car garage, as all the HUMMERs wouldn't fit in my existing 2-door combo...

By the way,
Welcome aboard!
Old 04-30-2007, 11:34 PM
Hummer Novice

Zeero is on a distinguished road

Jeep has responded to our request, but is slowly considering....and honestly we are looking for something a little sturdier with more cargo capacity, as up in the Territories, the logistics of self preservation and vehicle maintenance is limited......

Thank you for noting my legitimacy, appreciated

WWF is aware of our vehicle choices, they did ask if we were driving Hybrids, however given the climate and conditions of the areas (Moab and the territories) they understand the need for something more robust, and they are aware of the route we are taking as well.....

They are pleased we are attempting to complete an innitiative for them....and thats what counts.

Coming to a forum was not an intention of seeking sponsorship....it was merely a vehicle for information for me and the group about Hummer, and inside knowledge.

As I mentioned before....the capability of these vehicles had only just been noted by myself, so knowledge and information seeking led me here.

Our sponsor requests are done through our PR and Marketing Rep via other medias.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:37 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummer Aficionado_VT
^LOL

Zeero, I all ready got all of the free HUMMERs from these guys. I asked about a week ago, and all the extras laying around were shipped directly to my home. The guys even raised money for me to build a 12 car garage, as all the HUMMERs wouldn't fit in my existing 2-door combo...

By the way,
Welcome aboard!

Dammit....thats why I cant get any....
Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 AM
Hummer Authority

Well since you are just learning about Hummer, here is some info you might not know.

Not only are most Jeep people uneducated about Hummer, so are many liberals. Much of the hate focused at Hummer comes from these far left groups.

If Hummer did sponsor you guys and gave generously to your charities, much of what the press might publish would involve Hummers blazing new tracks across Canada's unspoiled wilderness. Disturbing the wildlife and destroying precious and rare plants.

Good luck though. Some Jeep people are coming around now that they are beginning to see Hummers out on the trails. H2's and 3's have only been around a few years.

Old 05-01-2007, 12:53 PM
Hummer Novice

From my years doing these expeditions, it always common to run into "naysayers" and people who just feel compelled to question.....

As I have been to the territories, for those of you that have never been to the Territories or examined Military quality satellite mapping you'll find some interesting things up there.....variety of plant and wildlife yes....but some interesting little unmapped extremely rocky and heavy trails to....thats what we'll be following.....for 3,000 kms.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Hummer Authority

OK, so far I am a naysayer on your deal.

I still think your full of something, either yourself, or sh!t, possibly both.

Your site is a KJ site, right? KJ expedition group and all that.

You're here saying, "Jeep has responded to our request, but is slowly considering....and honestly we are looking for something a little sturdier with more cargo capacity, as up in the Territories, the logistics of self preservation and vehicle maintenance is limited...... " If I was Jeep and saw that, I would give you a very quick NO.

I feel compelled to question because it doesn't add up for me. I don't think I would go to a KJ site and ask for donated KJ's to run on a planned expedition. I sure wouldn't go in like I'm the sh!t and expect them to offer me the proper respect. You are probably a nice guy, but naive.

Old 05-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
OK, so far I am a naysayer on your deal.

I still think your full of something, either yourself, or sh!t, possibly both.

Your site is a KJ site, right? KJ expedition group and all that.

You're here saying, "Jeep has responded to our request, but is slowly considering....and honestly we are looking for something a little sturdier with more cargo capacity, as up in the Territories, the logistics of self preservation and vehicle maintenance is limited...... " If I was Jeep and saw that, I would give you a very quick NO.

I feel compelled to question because it doesn't add up for me. I don't think I would go to a KJ site and ask for donated KJ's to run on a planned expedition. I sure wouldn't go in like I'm the sh!t and expect them to offer me the proper respect. You are probably a nice guy, but naive.

Well no it isnt a KJ site.....it started that way.... KJ Expeditionary is now a separate branch....more of a trail recreational group....

Overland Expedtions is our service core....the one we run charities for.

Now, I'm getting tired of being told I am full of crap and "trolling" etc etc etc.....I came here with best of intentions looking to learn a little more about the inside of Hummer......

I have been insulted and had my integrity questioned countless times....time to stop.

Naivity has nothing to do with this. This is certainly not the behaviour I was expecting when I came here.....

As far as "acting" like I'm top dog and all that nonsense, give me a freakin break!!

You dont want to support it....fine....I really dont care....but you've said your bit, and you're getting repetitive....

I am a nice guy, quite....my wife thinks so....so does the City and Law Enforcement Agency I work for....not to mention my current sponsors and the members of my website.

THis is not a full of crap issue...this is a real expedition we are doing regardless of any help we get....REGARDLESS....want to sponsor us? Yes? THen good.... NO? Then we couldnt care less....we do this with or without support....we've done enough without support in the past, this time around wouldnt be any different....but we thought we'd give it a try.

I would really appreciate the halt of you calling me naive and constantly questioning my integrity.....I dont know if its sheer jealousy, or just plain old problem of just not getting it....but please stop picking on me and the group....

I came here with good intention, hoping to make some contacts and friends in the Hummer community....but have been bashed from the get go....not cool at all.....really poor manners, and certainly not a welcoming that I would afford you if youo came to my site....

Instead just raw criticism and insults.....not impressed.

Thos of you that have spoken fairly and in a proper way, I thank you sincerely, and just hope that some would take note from your books on how to welcome new people with serious questions.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Hummer Authority

Zeero,

Take it easy. If you really are what you've suggested, you have no worries. I personally believe that your enterprise is probably significantly smaller than the way you talk about it, but that's only minor B.S., not really the "run you out of here on a rope" B.S..

As far as your expedition goes - Shoot for the moon, man! You Miss every shot you don't take, and all that.

I guess I noticed you because your first thread started with demands and off the cuff insults towards chrome on Hummers. (There are quite a few that have some) You might not like the look, but you insulted those that do (including me), with each of your first posts.

I am finished "picking on you" except to say think man. Consider that we receive plenty of trolls here, generally from Jeep types or far left greenies, then you come in like you did ( from a KJ site and driving two Jeeps and representing WWF). Read, search, learn, introduce yourself, then ask questions (respectfully, like all newbs). There are many helpful and knowledgeable people here that will try to help. Many might be impressed with your endeavor.

I am damn new here too. Good thing for you, because my game is very weak compared to many of the veterans around here. If they get pissed at ya, some of them can be ruthless.

Last edited by RuggedH2 : 05-01-2007 at 11:50 PM. Reason: spelling and additional content
Old 05-02-2007, 12:21 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03H3
Zeero,

Take it easy. If you really are what you've suggested, you have no worries. I personally believe that your enterprise is probably significantly smaller than the way you talk about it, but that's only minor B.S., not really the "run you out of here on a rope" B.S..

As far as your expedition goes - Shoot for the moon, man! You Miss every shot you don't take, and all that.

I guess I noticed you because your first thread started with demands and off the cuff insults towards chrome on Hummers. (There are quite a few that have some) You might not like the look, but you insulted those that do (including me), with each of your first posts.

I am finished "picking on you" except to say think man. Consider that we receive plenty of trolls here, generally from Jeep types or far left greenies, then you come in like you did ( from a KJ site and driving two Jeeps and representing WWF). Read, search, learn, introduce yourself, then ask questions (respectfully, like all newbs). There are many helpful and knowledgeable people here that will try to help. Many might be impressed with your endeavor.

I am damn new here too. Good thing for you, because my game is very weak compared to many of the veterans around here. If they get pissed at ya, some of them can be ruthless.

And he's a SL,UT
Old 05-02-2007, 01:29 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
And he's a SL,UT

Yep!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:15 AM
Hummer Guru

K, I love the Duke, had to borrow this..
Attached Images

Old 05-02-2007, 02:14 PM
Hummer Novice

I actually made no claim to the size of the group...our team currently is running 4 vehicles.....plus two others from the sponsors we have that will be coming along with us in their own....

But thats here nor there.........I understand the daily troll attacks, and spam....I run a website and forum of my own, and its very constant almost too much, and is so much so that I brought another person to help with spam control....

I think the difference is though, that when a person comes to my site, we treat each one as someone or something we havent dealt with before, even though it may be the same old BS, we have respect for people who truely want answers, even though we've seen or heard the same question a million times, and we answer with respect and welcoming, not "you're out of your mind" senseless aggression.

So anyway, burrying the hatchet here, I am not here to cause concern or trouble, merely wanted to ask questions and learn some more....

Sorry I "insulted" you on the look of chrome, however, you know my feeling towards it now.....

If anyone is more interested in what we do please drop me a line I'd be more than happy to chat on here about it.

Back to reading....I'm still learning about these Hummers, but I've been more attached to the photo sections than the content....
Old 05-02-2007, 03:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Since we are burying hatchets, sorry about all that "senseless aggression".

I really wasn't all that insulted about the chrome on my Hummer anyway. Besides, it came from a Liberty driver. Honestly, I've always thought they were a goofy cornball rig.

Old 05-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a heck of an adventure expedition. Bigger is better for storage, etc. Good luck getting sponsorship, etc. H1 or H2 would be perfect size IMO.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:26 PM
Hummer Novice

I'm actually not a Liberty driver.....I own a 2007 Wrangler Unlimited (4 door) Rubicon....in Jeep Green of course ....thats my daily driver, and so far, our primary Expedition Vehicle.

I used to drive a 2006 Liberty Renegade, lifted and lighted, and expo ready....however my team mate Big D, is currently in a Liberty ready for expo.....but the Wrangler I drive is much larger and out of the box ready for action...and has proven itself already on our local trails.

I agree the H2, from my research so far, would be a great vehicle for the expedition and for storage capacity due to its size, and thanks for the words of encouragement!
Old 05-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

zero,,, go to the test area, then you can pad acouple of thousand posts and these guy's might like you better,,,
Old 05-30-2007, 02:28 AM
Hummer Professional

Mr_Pat is an unknown quantity at this point

I hope he gets some thicker skin if he is going to stick around here
Old 07-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Steve - SanJose

Did he die or something?