H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 07-07-2007, 04:02 AM
Hummer Novice

oilyocean is on a distinguished road
Default softop question for h1

I am considering an H! in the next 6 months and have a question about the soft top with the optional extension(covers the bed area). is the rear window on the original top removable without removing the entire top. What I am am trying to find out is if the a/c can pass thru to the bed area as I would haul my dogs in the bed area because they won't fit in the rear seat area
Old 07-07-2007, 02:58 PM
Hummer Professional

It\'s a Dry Heat is off the scale
Default Re: softop question for h1

I dont think it does. You'll love the truck. If its not just what you want just go to Omar the tent maker and get it the way you want it.

[IMG]http://www.*******club.com/potm/images/2007-02.jpg[/IMG]

Do you see the white one in the lower left corner. It looks like a full soft top.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:20 PM
mstams

Yes. The rear window on the soft top can definitely be zipped out.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:35 PM
Hummer Novice

oilyocean is on a distinguished road

thanks for the info--wasn't sure because I have never seen one with the extension top in person and havent really looked that close at the soft tops before.(wife originally wanted a wagon and then changed her mind after smacking a tree with upper roof corner with her H2 while offroading) so she feels a soft top is a better choice for offroading, and she likes the option of turning in to a plus sized jeep if she wants. One other question about the H1 can the doors be removed or are the wires for the power windows in the way? If the wires are in the way can they be modified so tht doors can be removed with out many issues?

by the way the white one in the pic still has the rear window in it
Old 07-08-2007, 03:13 AM
mstams

Of course, the doors can be removed. However, I believe mods are required to enlarge the opening at the A and B pillars to allow the wiring connectors to be removed when disconnected. Never looked myself, but that's what I've heard. You might also have to realign the doors when reinstalling...
Old 07-09-2007, 03:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

hmcoleap is on a distinguished road

On the older version soft-top, you can open the rear window and roll it up. In the newer ones, you can remove the rear window. In short, you can pass AC through to the cargo area in any stock open-top Hummer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilyocean
I am considering an H! in the next 6 months and have a question about the soft top with the optional extension(covers the bed area). is the rear window on the original top removable without removing the entire top. What I am am trying to find out is if the a/c can pass thru to the bed area as I would haul my dogs in the bed area because they won't fit in the rear seat area

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
http://www.serious4x4.com
Old 07-09-2007, 03:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

hmcoleap is on a distinguished road

The doors can be removed, but you will have to make some mods to accomodate the wiring if you plan to remove and reinstall them regularly. For more information visit my pages about using military soft doors here:

http://www.serious4x4.com/doors.html

If you are serious about removing the doors, feel free to email me privately with any questions -- I remove and reinstall them each year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilyocean
thanks for the info--wasn't sure because I have never seen one with the extension top in person and havent really looked that close at the soft tops before.(wife originally wanted a wagon and then changed her mind after smacking a tree with upper roof corner with her H2 while offroading) so she feels a soft top is a better choice for offroading, and she likes the option of turning in to a plus sized jeep if she wants. One other question about the H1 can the doors be removed or are the wires for the power windows in the way? If the wires are in the way can they be modified so tht doors can be removed with out many issues?

by the way the white one in the pic still has the rear window in it

-----------------------

/''T''|[___|___]
[---T--L -OlllllllO-]
()_)"""()_)/"**"\)_)

manny(at)serious4x4.com
http://www.serious4x4.com