H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Flubbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm looking for a navigation system for my H2 03. The problem is that a navigation system of the 04 or 05 would work but the problem is that I cannot add the maps for Europe.
Or can I?

What other GPS system would you suggest?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hi,

I'm looking for a navigation system for my H2 03. The problem is that a navigation system of the 04 or 05 would work but the problem is that I cannot add the maps for Europe.
Or can I?

What other GPS system would you suggest?
Old 04-28-2005, 06:55 PM

Hart1 is off the scale

Garman has base maps and detailed maps of the EU for the 176 model, and others.

I would live the H2's nav for Mexico......
Old 04-29-2005, 04:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Would that mean that I can buy a GPS navigation system in US and load the maps from Europe on it?

Were would I be able to find the DVD (maps)? And the navigation system?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:11 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flubbie:
Would that mean that I can buy a GPS navigation system in US and load the maps from Europe on it?

Were would I be able to find the DVD (maps)? And the navigation system? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Flubbie!

I've been doing some research on this one. First, the problem is not that you can't find maps. I'm sure that there are plenty of maps if you are living in a any part of the western world. The problem is that H2 is been buildt in US and it has the Nav system that is buildt is US as well. So the DVDs that has the base maps are in region 1 DVDs not region 2 as would be all in Europe. So basically you have two ways to go, assuming that the GPS map technology is standardized:

1. You buy the stock H2 nav system and you get your region 2 map DVD and have it redone to region 1 (I don't know how but I'm pretty sure it can be done).

2. You get yourself an aftermarket nav system that supports region 2 DVDs. It's hard to find any of these that would fit into the factory slot in H2, so you either get one of those Pioneer or Apline ones that for me atleast look goofy, or you get an external nav system like the one below (which looks kinda cool to me)

For example, this one has all the Western Europe maps downloaded into it by standard.

What I know about most DVD-players though, is that most DVD-players have cheat codes so that you can get them to work properly in any reagion 1-6 (manufacturers save money). I don't know if the GM factory DVD has one. I haven't searched the net but if there is an opportunity for it I'm sure it is in the net.

I'm currently thinking of getting the factory nav system to my forcoming 2006 H2 and then have somebody to redo my region 2 DVDs to Region 1. I'm sure it is not a rocket science...

If you find a way to do a breakthrough, let me know..

thanks!
Old 04-29-2005, 12:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hi,

yes you are correct about the regions. But I know wht
Old 04-29-2005, 12:26 PM
Hummer Veteran

Dammn to fast on the "post now" clicked.

I know that Hummer has some official dealers in Europe so I'm wondering what they are putting in as DVD navigation system.
I'm going to inform me on that.

I have a friend that has this one in his car. (http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=10319&taxonomy_id=25 -111)

And I think if I don't have a answer from Hummer Europe that I'm going to put this into my car.

I'm not so happy with this garmin GPS system because it's only the navigation system. Also if maps would change then we cannot update it (but I'm not sure of that)

thanks anyway.
Old 04-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Expert

W1N is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Flubbie:
Dammn to fast on the "post now" clicked.

I know that Hummer has some official dealers in Europe so I'm wondering what they are putting in as DVD navigation system.
I'm going to inform me on that.

I have a friend that has this one in his car. (http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=10319&taxonomy_id=25 -111)

And I think if I don't have a answer from Hummer Europe that I'm going to put this into my car.

I'm not so happy with this garmin GPS system because it's only the navigation system. Also if maps would change then we cannot update it (but I'm not sure of that)

thanks anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There is no Hummer Europe, atleast not yet. Craymans Corporation in Netherlands will be officially importing Hummers starting end of this year. So, I would not expect to get European Nav system before that. However if there are nav systems for other GM built trucks and SUVs there could be a nav system available. GM dealer in Finland didn't have one for me though. I also thought that if Hummer nav system could read (i don't know if it does) CDs the regional coding would not be a problem. If there is somebody that knows something about that please share the info!

Garmin can be updated vie USB any time, so if there are map updates you can update your navigation system.

Thanks!

btw, you can delete messed up messages by pressing delete link on the EDIT OR DELETE -button!
Old 05-01-2005, 11:52 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

FWIW, I use the Garmin 2620, and I like it! I use the beanbag mount so it doesn't slide all over and then I can take it off the dash when I'm not using it. I can also put it in another car if I need too. The maps for the U.S. are very detailed and can be downloaded online.

Sorry I can't help more.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice avatar Flubbie!

Old 05-02-2005, 04:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

BTW Dan yours is SUPER. If this is your girlfriend/wife or whatever she can always have a drive with me (maybe with my Hummy)
Old 12-07-2005, 05:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

There are "dealers" in Europe, the UK one has told me hummer are returning the RADIO for UK frequencies but there is no offer of the DVD navigation OR the rear monitors and DVD system.

I need to do some sums here as i was told the DVD navigation is standard fit to the USA one i looked (in CA). I am in the UK.

To be honest though i like the rear screens (alot) but the DVD navigation would have been fitted for sale value, i have a feeling going down another route might be an idea, does the RADIO / DVD navigation unit do anything else to the truck (H2) or is it JUST that, a radio system?

I know there are rear controls for the radio as well, how do these work and integrate with the existing radio and DVD navigation set-up?

This is something in the UK since about 2003 that is designed by the manufacturer and cant be removed, you use it a like it, cant fit your own and if you do manage it (as there not DIN units) then you loose all the toys like "rear radio control" etc..
Old 12-07-2005, 06:44 AM
Hummer Professional

Ernie Italy is off the scale

I live in Italy... contact by e-mail Christian at Service@hummeritaly.com
He can help you. I think that there are some settings as for the cd-radio system (that in US use only .1 .3 .5 .7 .9 frequencies).
Old 12-07-2005, 06:46 AM
Hummer Professional

Ashley , if I have understand, Kenwood have a double DIN system that fit perfectly on H2 (this is on my xmas wish list).
Old 12-07-2005, 06:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hi,

I'm from belgium. I did some calls to US and there they told me that there was a 'official' dealer in Holland. This is for the complete BeNeLux. (http://www.kroymanshummerutrecht.nl/)

However the navigation system that Hummer is providing as standard for the US is not working here. They don't even have the EUROPE maps for it.
What the 'official' dealer suggested is to put a Kenwood or Pioneer system into it.

I would rather still love to have the standard navigation system from Hummer into mine.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:47 AM
Hummer Professional

Right , but try to mail to christian as say that you are a member of Hummer forum... sometimes they have solution that do not say normally... The only problem is that your H2 (like mine) is not "official europe" and the "official" dealer do not want to help you.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

Yes that's rigth. They are not really helping you.

However the garage where I'm going to right now is very willing to help. He's a independent dealer of USA cars
But he told me the same about the navigation system. He recommends a Pioneer or something else.

PJ
Old 12-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Hummer Veteran

Ashley is off the scale

Hi

Yes i understand about the steps for the radio had this altered on my 49 state Goldwing bike...

Question is though does the system integrate as the H2 LUX has the rear radio controls so that must talk to a radio some how and a Pioneer unit surely wont work with these controls.

Also i was assured there are no "country specs" on the models other than alterations for things like lights and thats done locally in the country rather than by Hummer, other than the Radio, i was told by the UK Dealer thats hummer doing that and them NOT supplying the DVD navigation as it wont work...

Its mainly integration i am asking about, i am sure you can put what you like it but how will that effect the rear controls for the rear passengers.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:18 AM
Hummer Professional

I need to talk with someone....
Old 12-07-2005, 01:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

Rene S. Nielsen is off the scale

Hi

I have the Kenwood DDX-7025 this model fits into the Hummer H2 slot.

It has touch screen, and All of europe on 1 dvd, which is mounted in a seperate DVD reader.

This means that you will be able to play dvds and have navigation in the same time.

It has a second video out, wich means you can display DVD on your rear screen while you have navigation up front.

I'm woorking on findeing the right pac-audio to fit into the car so the steering wheel remote continues to work.

I don't get my new Hummer H2 until 14 Januar 2006, but I'm gathering all the items

Regards
Rene