H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 10 Grand

Allright. Got to 10K miles with some nice runs in West Texas stuff (Canadian River Complex), rock stuff (Katemcy Rocks), shelf roads (Ouray), and long stretches of good ole American highway that were up and down Texas, NM, and Colorado. A few thoughts, then.

1. No engine failure/stalls even @ 13,000 feet or 600 miles stretches of roadway.
2. No under body damage with UBS on.
3. Intact tie rods, so far.
4. SuperSwamper SSR, traction control, and 4,500 lbs stick to the road like glue even when faced with torrential rain on mountain passes @ 60 mph and on the trails at 12 mph when the alternative would surely have been one way ticket to H...
5. The gearing on the base package is superb. With the SuperSwampers, I have not missed not having front and rear lockers... too much.
6. Now for the bad news... random dire electronic warning messages while off-roading @ 13,000 feet are surely not appreciated. The infamous "traction control failure" and "traction control off" when in 4low and of course "low tire pressure" when aired down. Had my oil changed only to have the warning "need oil change" come on throughout my recent trip. And the now almost forgotten "air bag sensor failure" warning that infested the truck during the 2nd week of ownership.
7. On the other hand, the "low fuel" warning light does make one have strange conversations with the Creator with promises to do good deeds for the next decade and so on...
8. I have learned not to use cruise control on hilly roads. What's up with that? Definitely NOT intelligent-programming. Do better GM.
9. Wish I had a ... in-seat massager, roof rack, snorkle air intake, better cubbies to put my sun glasses and crap, more HP so I don't have to wait until the highway is empty before I can pass the old folks, rear AC for the kids, and in-truck air compressor like those H2's.
10. Last but definitedly not least, that phone system is amazing. I have not found a place yet when signal was lost and I could not keep the Mrs. abreast as to my naughty activities. (I did learn that she could not call in to check on me though while I was @ 13,000 feet in the middle of the Rockies .)

Those of you not yet @ 10K, enjoy. Those with higher mileage, hey, save some fossil fuel for us.
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 07-31-2006, 06:48 PM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 10 Grand

ETD -

How are the SSR's hplding up for you? Any regrets, happier than you thought, wear, etc?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice writeup ... where did you go in CO?
Old 07-31-2006, 07:57 PM
Hummer Professional

ETD is an unknown quantity at this point

Ipedog: I have only had the OEM Wrangler AT/S and the SuperSwampers so my knowledge is thus limited but I love the SuperSwampers and truely believe that they make me look good off-roading in wet and dry conditions. I haven't done sand dunes and true mudding but all else seems easy on those shoes!

Wisha: Ouray
H3Bas'r: Ready-Lift Levelled Superior Blue (debadged), Sun roof, Tinted, Mud mats, Wakizashi, front Husky flaps, Manik rocker bars, UCS, Tom Tom GPS for Treo, SuperSwampers Radial TSL, Rear Eaton Locker, PCMforless'd... but, alas, not waterproofed
Old 07-31-2006, 08:10 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

i am at 9,800 miles and the only issue this one has had is the annoying "serv 4wd" every so often. no regrets!!!
Attached Images

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 07-31-2006, 08:39 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

good lookin rig...