H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 07-23-2013, 01:42 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road
Default windshield wiper sprayer issue

Hey all,
Ok a few weeks ago my windshield wiper sprayer went out.
Absolutely no spray. The trigger that activates the wipers still works, but the nothing from the sprayer.
So far I have checked to see if the sprayer was empty, which it is completely full, I have checked the fuse in the engine compartment, and was about to pull the wiper/sprayer relay but wasnt able to wiggle it out before it started to downpour.

So first I am wondering if there is a known Hummer Gremlin with the sprayer?

Next I am wondering how to check the sprayer?

I figured I could possibly hot wire it from the relay position on the engine fuse box, but I would need to know where the 12V constant is at and the line to activate the sprayer.

I am trying to make sure the sprayer is bad before I go replacing it.

Any thoughts or ideas would be great
Old 07-23-2013, 10:44 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: windshield wiper sprayer issue

I'd say that's your best bet, try and wire the sprayer directly to see if it is really bad. Isolate the problem before buying a new one. I use mine constantly with the amount of bugs here during the summer and it's still running strong.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:32 PM

fyr145 is on a distinguished road

Consider this..............Instead of starting at the pump, start from the nozzle and work back this time.

The culprit may be the nozzle itself. It may be clogged with some tiny debris or maybe some hard water scale (calcium) that has finally built up enough to block the flow.

Another possible suspect might be the hose line that connects to the nozzle. Disconnect the line that flow to the nozzle and activate your washer and see if fluid comes our or not, you may have a clogged line. These can easily be tested using a syringe. Fill a small syringe with water insert the hose line onto the syringe and gently push on the plunger. You may have to hold the hoseline at the syringe as they have a habit of coming off if the connection is not tight. If you feel any resistance and not seing any water coming out the nozzle or hoseline, there is a blockage of some sort, replace the line. If the line is clear but when you hook it to the nozzle and then no water shoots out, you have a blocked nozzle, replace it.

This is just a easy way to help deduce what the trouble is and where it is not. Hope this helps!
Old 07-24-2013, 11:18 AM

jsbihn is on a distinguished road

Thanks fyr, didnt even think about it like that.
With the age of my vehicle and how much it gets used.... you are right there could be a clot in the the tube.

As for wiring it.... I guess what I am trying to find out is how can I (at the fuse box) wire in a jumper to activate the sprayer?
Basically I am trying to find out which of the four relay connectors in the fuse box need to be connected to trigger this
Old 07-24-2013, 01:36 PM
Hummer Professional

PaHumBug is on a distinguished road

There is a gremlin in H2's for the wipers having a mind of their own and this can also involve the rear sprayer pumping out all of your fluid. Not sure if the front sprayer has been known to act up as well. Search for wiper module and you'll find the threads. But if you can hear it running and nothing is coming out, I would start by looking for clogs like fyr145 said.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:44 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Since we are on the subject, can anyone post instructions on how to remove the cowl? I need to relocate my wiper sprayers and I'm not wanting to break anything. Can anyone help?

I'm assuming it is pretty easy...
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 08-04-2013, 02:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38537
Old 08-04-2013, 04:23 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Once again, thanks Easy Ed- I guess searching the forum first would do me some good too.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 08-04-2013, 04:25 AM
Hummer Authority

Easy Ed is an unknown quantity at this point

No problem, hope it helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much
Once again, thanks Easy Ed- I guess searching the forum first would do me some good too.