Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 09-03-2003, 01:37 PM

JSB is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by OLE YLLR:
HEY YOTAS, WOULD'NT IT BE MORE ON THE LEVEL TO COMPARE AN H2 TO TOYOTA SEQUOIA? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT AN SUV. AS FOR DOS TACOS, WHEN WE GO OUT ON OUR NEXT OUTING I'LL BE MORE THAN GLAD TO INCLUDE YOU IN OUR TRIP, WE ARE JUST A BUNCH OF HARD WORKING INDIVIDUALS WHO LIKE TO GO OFFROADING AND IT'S OPENED TO ANYBODY WHO WANTS TO COME ALONG. I DON'T LIKE TO TALK SMACK ABOUT ANYBODYS RIG. OUR SOLE PURPOSE IS TO GO OUT AND ENJOY THE GOOD OUTDOORS AND FRIENDS.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'd say lets compare the Land Cruiser. The FJ80 hold 7.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:38 PM

argonaut is off the scale

OK guys, normally I am one to always feed the trolls because it makes me laugh to get them riled up, but I think this thread has gone too far for some reason. How about we don't respond (you too Chris) an dthese stupid idiots will go away and bother another forum. Just ignore them.

'03 H2 Sunset Orange No mods
'03 BMW M3 Convertible
'02 BMW M5
Old 09-03-2003, 01:42 PM

SJ is off the scale

Rock Yoda:

1. I'm not here to get into a juvenile pissing match. You came here as a guest and started in with the rude comments!

2. I NEVER said that a person who buys a Toyota is unpatriotic: you're making a loose assumption.

3. My TV is from Holland and my Stereo is American and Danish; My cars/trucks are American; My Appliances are American; my Lawn Mower is American; My Power Tools are American. Some of my son's toys are made in China by mostly American companies. See the pattern here? I do my best to avoid Japanese products, as I'd rather not contribute to the trade deficit and I have numerous personal reasons for not buying Japanese.

4. I'm far from being a Communist and I seriously doubt you could define what a Communist System consists of. Do you want to discuss Iosef Dzugashvili, Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, Karl Marx - I can discuss these topics with you, since I've studied Russian/Soviet, Polish, Czech, East German, and other localized histories. I'm a fervent Capitalist (reading Milosz Czeslaw and other avante garde anti-Communists) and that's why I keep posting that I support the free-market system. I don't bash folks for buying Japanese, though I wouldn't buy their automotive products my self.

How hard is this to understand? I'm putting things in rudimentary terms, is it finally sinking in?
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 09-03-2003, 01:49 PM

SJ is off the scale

JSB:

I was strongly opposed to NAFTA. Yes, I'm aware that GM and even Dodge assemble in Mexico. My vehicles were all assembled here in America. I have one vehicle from Michigan, the H2 from Indiana, etc.

The import vs. domestic issue was not started by me, but I will certainly defend my American nameplates, as I have pride in our products.

Toyota happens to assemble their Tacomas in Fremont, CA. This facility is close to where I was raised, so I certainly apreciate the jobs that NUMMI has opportuned for locals. My issue is with the trade deficit, and not giving market share to foreign nameplates, among a few reasons that I don't buy Japanese.

It is my personal choice to purchase what I will (as is your right) and my personal choice to defend American products when people come here and stir the pot. I'm not angry or upset about any of this; just stating my case.

End of Story.

[This message was edited by SJ on 09-03-03 at 08:58 AM.]
Old 09-03-2003, 01:49 PM

JSB is off the scale

Whoo...Finally done. I guess I'm on my way to the gallery. I'd like to see a man driving one of these for once.
Old 09-03-2003, 01:57 PM

SJ is off the scale

dostacos:

Yep, I made this very point to a group of earlier trolls. Jeep is a German-owned brand. DC has shifted the dual HQ structure to a sole base in Germany. The CEO and board is almost entirely German.

Jeep still sources most of its parts in the USA. Much of the assembly is in the USA, but we already see DC using cross-pollinization from other brands within their global umbrella. For example, the CRD engine was developed by M-Benz and we'll most likely see this very same engine in future Grands. The Liberty is due to have a M-Benz derived engine in 2005 and more components are shared with Daimler.

Many Jeep enthusiasts are disgusted with the "watering down" of their products. Some Dodge Viper enthusiasts have gone through the same disappointment when the latest Viper hit the market. It was seen as too polished and clinical like a Benz, when many of us prefer a raw muscle car feel.

The import and domestic debate is complex and not the same as it was in the 70s or even 80s. We could write a novel by going back-and-forth.

I support your right to buy whatever you want. I don't agree with buying a $20K+ consumer product from Japan, but that's my opinion and I don't force my opinion down any one's throat.

Heck, buy a Cuban car if you can find one and really want it. My overlying point is that some of your colleagues came here and bashed HUMMER for no reason other than to be antagonists. I'm defending American nameplates.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:02 PM

JSB is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJ:
JSB:

I was strongly opposed to NAFTA. Yes, I'm aware that GM and even Dodge assemble in Mexico. My vehicles were all assembled here in America. I have one vehicle from Michigna, the H2 from Indiana, etc.

The import vs. domestic issue was not started by me, but I will certainly defend my American nameplates, as I have pride in our products.

Toyota happens to assemble their Tacomas in Fremont, CA. This facility is close to where I was raised, so I certainly apreciate the jobs that NUMMI has opportuned for locals. My issue is with the trade deficit, and not giving market share to foreign nameplates, among a few reasons that I don't buy Japanese.

It is my personal choice to purchase what I will (as is your right) and my personal choice to defend American products when people come here and stir the pot. I'm not angry or upset about any of this; just stating my case.

End of Story.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the info on the toyota plant. I'm not sure why you would share that with me, because I've never posted any preference about the Toyotas, but again thanks. I for one don't mind you having some American Pride. I get sick to my stomach everyday, because I here how mine and other companies cut american jobs and send them to India or other countries because of cheap labor. It kills us. Why do such a thing to ourselves? I'm on your side...I don't want to see Amercian companies ripping Amercians off anymore. Demand they build a quality v-e-h-i-c-l-e. I took my suburban back four times for the brakes. Four times! Demanded that this $40k dollar truck should not squeal like mad everytime I touch the brakes. After the forth time of trying to cheaply correct it, they told me sorry, we're not working on it anymore. I can't support that type of workmanship. I believe there was a website devoted to the problem, because so many just had to deal with it. Anyway, I'm hungry...time to eat.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:04 PM

JSB is off the scale

Old 09-03-2003, 02:05 PM

JSB is off the scale

Old 09-03-2003, 02:09 PM

SJ is off the scale

JSB:

The reason I mentioned NUMMI in Fremont is to show that I'm well aware of the maquiladoras [sp?] in Mexico that are assembling American nameplates and the converse, where Toyota is assembling on US soil. It was supposed to tie into your Mexico reference.

By doing a web search, we can find all the plants in America: BMW, GM, Ford, Nissan, etc.

I was just acknowledging both sides for a balanced response. This way, the Toyota folks can't try to blast me for being one-sided and blind to all facets.

Sorry to hear about your Suburban. My folks bought a BMW and had even worse experiences. There are certainly lemons or bad draws out of each batch.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:44 PM

David in Germany is off the scale

wow I am glad everyone is calming down! Can we go wheeling now?

Can't we all just get along!?
Old 09-03-2003, 02:44 PM

JSB is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SJ:
JSB:

The reason I mentioned NUMMI in Fremont is to show that I'm well aware of the maquiladoras [sp?] in Mexico that are assembling American nameplates and the converse, where Toyota is assembling on US soil. It was supposed to tie into your Mexico reference.

By doing a web search, we can find all the plants in America: BMW, GM, Ford, Nissan, etc.

I was just acknowledging both sides for a balanced response. This way, the Toyota folks can't try to blast me for being one-sided and blind to all facets.

Sorry to hear about your Suburban. My folks bought a BMW and had even worse experiences. There are certainly lemons or bad draws out of each batch.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see...and true about the lemon reference.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:51 PM

JSB is off the scale

Nice pic of Sams rig.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

I know this is wrong, but we all need to remember this.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Tirds,

Kindly list your aftermarket parts, who the manufacturer is, and where the part was manufactured.
*How much did you spend on your yoda to get it ready for heavier duty than pizza delivery?
*Did the cost of modifications exceed what you paid for the "truck/car" originally?
*Do you tow with your off-road yodas, if so, what? (towing chopped off pickup beds does not count).
*Do you think a modified El Camino is faster and more impressive off-road than a Yoda?
*Do you think Taco Bell is a Mexican phone company?
*Do people on Jerry Springer's show remind you of your neighbors?
*Does your Yoda have a rag for a gas cap?
*Does your Yoda have curtains?
*Do you think the "mountain men" in deliverance were just misunderstood?
*Did your huntin’ dog cost more than your yoda?
*Can you change the oil in your truck without ducking your head?
Old 09-03-2003, 03:12 PM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Drtyfn.....you bastard! You made me laugh so hard I almost choked.

As for the rest of the forum...when are we going to learn to just ignore these "vistors" who sooooooo clearly have a hostile agenda? Time and again we've watched other forums come here to boast their brand and put us in our place.

As a general rule...I tend to avoid anyone ranked as rookie or novice. And when they start telling us how the H2 sucks...that should be a clue that they're not "friendly's"

Toyota IS a solid vehicle....but OH MY GOD is that a tiny-tight fit of a cabin: way narrow, cramped and lacking comfort....an absolute hell to take on any lengthy journey, adventure or outting. The door panels are waffer-thin. Until you've driven in an H2...you just don't know what you're missing! It's like comparing spam to prime-choice steak. Mmmmm....steak.....

I am impressed with the Taccoma's clearance and it has a reasonable approach angle....but unless you clip the tail, she'll drag and get hung-up all day. Course, the only real offroading Toyota would be the FJ-series!

The Tacoma is the prime choice for pool-cleaning service, pizza deliver or a hack carpenter who'll never be a foreman cause he's flakey, sloppy, stupid and only half the craftsman he thinks he is.

As for CrapusTuRD...get real boy! That thing would tip right over in a heart-beat. You're CG is way too high AND your "built" modifications take you way beyond the design/warranty of the vehicle...putting undo stresses on components and causing all sorts of regular breakages. Do YOU know what you're talking about?????? Bet you're traction control system works well too...opps...ya don't have one? You may be the king of the mud-bog....but any sideslope and you're going over!

The H2 is not the King of the offroad world, it does lack clearance and has its weaknesses....but what rig doesn't?. It's really quite simple...if you enjoy what you have, that's all that matters.
Old 09-03-2003, 03:38 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

drtyfn I see you found my picture!

"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"
Old 09-03-2003, 04:02 PM

SJ is off the scale

Steve:

Well said as usual!

Toyota Guys:

Don't come here and disrespect people that have good-natured threads. It's just plain wrong and you deserve the responses you get when you step in here on that note. Now SCRAM!

Old 09-03-2003, 04:38 PM

crash is off the scale

Not all of us NON H2 owners are here to be hostile, just point out the facts
Here are the facts as I see it.
I work on H2's, I know them inside/out and certified on them. I also build off-road specific rigs, from toys-jeeps (if you would like to see my work then ask). I know for a fact what base vehicles work, what don't, and what it takes to modify/make them work.
I am a die hard toy guy, and have spent years developing/building them, but I am also open minded torwards what else is out there, and I see alot of erogance. But, I will also be hanging around to hopefully answer questions when they pop up..

Some of us wheel to get out, some of us, its our lifestyle..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Drtyfn.....you bastard! You made me laugh so hard I almost choked.

As for the rest of the forum...when are we going to learn to just ignore these "vistors" who sooooooo clearly have a hostile agenda? Time and again we've watched other forums come here to boast their brand and put us in our place.

As a general rule...I tend to avoid anyone ranked as rookie or novice. And when they start telling us how the H2 sucks...that should be a clue that they're not "friendly's"

Toyota IS a solid vehicle....but OH MY GOD is that a tiny-tight fit of a cabin: way narrow, cramped and lacking comfort....an absolute hell to take on any lengthy journey, adventure or outting. The door panels are waffer-thin. Until you've driven in an H2...you just don't know what you're missing! It's like comparing spam to prime-choice steak. Mmmmm....steak.....

I am impressed with the Taccoma's clearance and it has a reasonable approach angle....but unless you clip the tail, she'll drag and get hung-up all day. Course, the only real offroading Toyota would be the FJ-series!

The Tacoma is the prime choice for pool-cleaning service, pizza deliver or a hack carpenter who'll never be a foreman cause he's flakey, sloppy, stupid and only half the craftsman he thinks he is.

As for CrapusTuRD...get real boy! That thing would tip right over in a heart-beat. You're CG is way too high AND your "built" modifications take you way beyond the design/warranty of the vehicle...putting undo stresses on components and causing all sorts of regular breakages. Do YOU know what you're talking about?????? Bet you're traction control system works well too...opps...ya don't have one? You may be the king of the mud-bog....but any sideslope and you're going over!

The H2 is not the King of the offroad world, it does lack clearance and has its weaknesses....but what rig doesn't?. It's really quite simple...if you enjoy what you have, that's all that matters.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

certified H2 tech.
Old 09-03-2003, 04:59 PM

JSB is off the scale

Steve,

That was well said. Coming from a Guru I wouldn't expect anything less. As I'm sure you've noticed I'm not a big fan of GM's rendition of the Hummer, but that doesn't mean I can't come here and learn more about it. Hell I hadn't heard it had problems with the hood cracking the wind shield until today. Feel free to sway my opinion. Pretend I was that newbie that posted...Interested in the H2, can you tell me more about it...I try to stay objective as I can. I am partial to things that last.(I.E. Not GM) I don't believe that just because I make alot of money, that I should give it away to the highest price tag.(Since brilliant minds have suggested money is the factor) The most wealthy people are the ones that save the penny not spend it. I respect the fact that everyone should be able to purchase what they want, and enjoy it as well, as fashionable as it may be. I guess the H2 owners are bashing the Tacomas because a Tacoma driver voiced his opinion. I was wondering why the Land Cruisers 40s 60s or 80s haven't been brought up. Or if you want to spend money the LX450. I believe it was the highest priced SUV in 96. Maybe 97, I'm not a mag stat dictionary. It has plenty of room for the more heavy set types, that can't fit in a mid size vehicle. I guess another reason why I'm not a big fan is because like GM did to the Corvette...there's one on every corner. I'd like to see something else I guess. Anyway, I looked through the members rides, and there are some pretty cool pictures. I'm glad to see some of you get them dirty. I'm not a big Mud Dogger fan, but what ever floats your boat right. You do your best to ignore my novice post okay. I'm going to read a little more about the H2, before I'll call it a day. Oh BTW, Do you have any pics of your gliders. Those have always interested me, but I've never ventured past cars. I think I'd get seriouly pissed the first time I wrecked one.
Regards...