H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-03-2004, 02:07 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Installing the 2004 GM DVD Navigation System in a 2003 Hummer H2

Parts:

DVD Navigation Radio: 15204335 $1730.00
GPS Antenna: 15207447 $ 54.30
DVD Navigation Disc: 15105609 $ 220.13

TOTAL $2004.43

Summary:

Notice – I do not yet have a DVD Navigation Disc, so I cannot verify that the Navigation function is operational.

I installed a new unit purchased directly from a GM dealer. Other than needing to modify the GPS antenna bracket to mount it under the dash pad, this was a plug and play swap. No dealer programming was necessary!

Details

The connectors on the 6 CD changer radio are exactly the same as the NAV unit. The NAV unit has an additional plug for the GPS antenna that mounts in the dash.

Finding a dealer that could sell me the NAV unit was a real struggle. Every dealer that I called tried to enter the part number in their computer, and came up empty – Meaning that they could not order the part. Then I called a local GMC dealer. He also could not order the unit. However – He went one step further for me. He entered the part number in his national parts locator, a system dealers use to find where parts are in stock at other dealerships. A Cadillac dealer in California had 5 in stock.

I immediately called the dealership, Cadillac of Menlo Park, (650) 688-1543, and talked to Mike in parts. He said that they regularly swapped out the units in Escalades. All 5 units he had in stock were sold, so I had him order me a unit.

He called me when the unit shipped, and stated he ordered 12 more units. I don’t know how this dealership can get these units when no one else can – But they can get them.

I ordered the GPS antenna, and later the Disc from GMPartsDirect.com. I should have the Disc in the next few days.

The radio, CD player, OnStar, rear seat controls, and steering wheel controls all work perfectly. As I stated above, I cannot test the NAV function until my DVD disc arrives. However, I have no reason to believe there will be any problems.

I have taken 90 digital photos during my install, and will work on a write-up.

Klaus

"God made some men big and some men small, but Sam Colt made them all equal."