H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-07-2006, 05:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

mattyg50 is off the scale
Default Custom hood

is there any company's out there making a complete custom hood?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Custom hood

Yeah, full carbon fiber. Do a site search, this was talked about a month ago or so. I forget who the company is that made it.
Old 06-07-2006, 06:00 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Happening Hummer makes a hood scoop, but not a whole custom hood.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

that looks cool!!!!!

how much was that scoop?

also, how do you get the hood open now?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyg50
that looks cool!!!!!

how much was that scoop?

also, how do you get the hood open now?
You have an H2? Why would the hood operation be affected by that scoop?
Old 06-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Buff

It negates the hood handles...you would just have to open it from the side i guess. If i remember correctly it was around $500 if you buy it directly from the manufacture(Happening Hummer). Here is there site:
http://www.factorydirectbrands.com/
This is the company that i bought my tire cover from and it looks real nice imo.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 06-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You don't open your hood with the handles?

Mark
Old 06-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Hummer Veteran

that does look good!!!

and without the handles in the front, i was just wondering how you got the hood open, but i guess the side would work

i would love to find a complete hood with a ram air style built into it!
Old 06-08-2006, 08:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummer Geek is off the scale
Thumbs up Re: Custom hood

It negates the hood handles...you would just have to open it from the side i guess. If i remember correctly it was around $500 if you buy it directly from the manufacture(Happening Hummer). Here is there site:
http://www.factorydirectbrands.com/
This is the company that i bought my tire cover from and it looks real nice imo.

Their new web address is now www.happeninghumrz.com -- I like that hood too.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

H2Buff is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush

Mark
I usually unbuckle the sides, pull the latch, drive about 20mph and slam on the brakes. Hate getting my hands dirty.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Veteran

NSANE is off the scale

Quote:
I usually unbuckle the sides, pull the latch, drive about 20mph and slam on the brakes. Hate getting my hands dirty.

I thought I was the only one that opens a hood this way!
Old 06-09-2006, 03:21 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush

Mark
I don't. I lift from one side, usually the driver's side. Curiously though, I do use the handle to close the hood sometimes.

I'm beginning to wonder how hard it would be to create a quick disconnect system for the hood so I can just lift it straight up and off so it would be easier to work on the damn thing.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:16 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I have this setup. He is a sponsor. He makes several other items. We are setting up a dealership or distributor deal hopefully. He is constantly expanding the line. He has one piece rear bumpers and front bumpers. You can use one style front bumper with chrome insert bumper or He makes a unit that will cover the factory hard steel with fiberglass so that You have a more seamless look in front. Well He does the same for rear as well.

I have to get with Him and get My one piece rear bumper I hope next week. I have chome bottom metal bumpers so i use just the part that replaces the factory plastic parts. Jay is really nice. Usually a real nice young lady will take order. He is moving away from selling them Himself I think as he appears to be growing product line and working on R&D which reduces time to sell and ship. Not confirmed. Working with Him to take it to SEMA. I left My all machined billet front guard on and I use it to open and close hood. He has it designed to not have to mold it to hood. It can be painted and bolted on.
We molded Mine into the hood and looks like it was there from the beginning. I can get a Pic of this most likely Tuesday and post if You would like. Plus You will get a look at the new modified H2 compared to the way it was. We used $4000 worth of just paint on the new scheme. It was very high quality paint and lots of clear coat. I Love My scoop and We made it functional but, it does not come that way. With the Horse Power and supercharger We are trying to get all the hot air out as fast as possible so We made it a fully functional reverse cowl hood scoop. You have to be really of need and brave to cut a huge hole in Your fiberglass hood to mkae it functional. It hurt to watch but, was worth it. I'll get Pics of My scoop molded in and try to answer questions if i can. if not I will get answers for You. Yet keep in mind You can do a more simple install and not cut hood etc. and it looks good.
But, I have a huge hole and still trying to get use to it when I open hood. You do have to get use to the vision it takes away. Not bad though. I wish We had when We glassed Mine in would have raised it 2" more on the rear close to windshiled and I think it would have really looked mean then. But, it would really have made it more time consuming to have to mold that extra hiegth into the setup. But, looks mean and great anyway.
TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges

Last edited by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ : 06-13-2006 at 07:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:50 AM
Hummer Authority

Sorry I could not get Pics today. I was ill biggest part of day. I hope to get some pics for You on My scoop tomorrow. Well also My new paint job and interior.

Some have asked for any ebony parts and I do not have any. The closest I could get is selling My 2 person 3rd row bench that I have not bought covering for it yet, so someone could order ebony or wheat from LLEBROC in Ft. worth, TX.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-14-2006, 04:31 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Taz, very sorry you weren't well today. Hope your 2nd opinion doctor is making real progress soon on your health. Your enthusiasm about the H2 is awe-inspiring (especially to a blinger like me.. ) -- and hope to see your award-winning baby soon!
Old 06-14-2006, 10:55 AM
Hummer Authority

Sorry I could not get Pics today. I was ill biggest part of day. I hope to get some pics for You on My scoop tomorrow. Well also My new paint job and interior.

Some have asked for any ebony parts and I do not have any. The closest I could get is selling My 2 person 3rd row bench that I have not bought covering for it yet, so someone could order ebony or wheat from LLEBROC in Ft. worth, TX.
Old 06-14-2006, 12:36 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks H2Finally
It has been a long long war and I'm so mentally tired fighting the fight. I hope this guy can finally do something and the last 3 years of non treatment due to misdiagnosis has not let the illness get to far out of hand.

Sometimes I get to the point I just want to just give up. I mean You can only stand so much 24 Hour a day pain and it just beats You down mentally. But, I just have this thing where I do not give up or give in. Plus I hate to loose. It amazes the Doc and well Me too. Last visit after seeing all My records for last 5 years from all the Doc's He just sat there a few minutes and said "I do not understand how You are alive." Some of the meds that i had been put on have st had clas action ;awsits fled against the companies. There were 2 meds ad I was on them both back to back and even at the same time. One in particular has been a real nasty med. It rewired the bran and 1 of 2 things happened to most all who used this one that it caused the user t gamble all they had away and ruin their famies finacially and the other side effect was it caused a high rate of suicide. I had none of either one of the roblems but, I quit them on My own as i could tell somethig was not feeling right in My mind. I was not as sharp in My mind which is how I make a living is being sharp and seeing opportunities before someone esle and I could feel hat slipping away. So I quit the lst thing he added. Turned out to be a good thing.

I told Doc it all depends on how You look at things and the priorities in life and I was not ready to die. There are many reasons I'm still here which most of You that know Me already concerning My Faith & Belief that is all I will say about that as I do not want to get some in a tiraid. But, when Your kids loose their mother in 2003 You become a Mom and Dad your will to be there gets stronger than I could describe. They needed Me so I stayed around.

I married off My last and youngest of 2 daughters this past Saturday. So i do not worry about being around so much now. It is funny but the strangest thought hit me later last Sat. after wedding. The only thing She requested was I drive them Off in My H2. I was going to get a Limo. She said no way, She did not want to ride off in some piece of junk I want to ride off in the nicest H2 I have ever seen, do not know about that but did win the state Hummer title weekend before last first back to back winner. So that is what I did drive them off.

After dropping them off to take off on honeymoon I just sat there a bit and realized I'm the only one left with My family last name. When I go it is gone. I have no sons but 2 great son in laws. But, it was weird and I guess some of You may have had that thought. It just came in My head as i sat there and do not know what caused me to think of it. It was a really wierd feeling as I have always said that how You live Your life is all that is left when Your gone and leaving a good name is about the most important and only thing You can have permanently.

Being the only person that has the family name all of a sudden was a super lonely feeling. It just sort of freaked me out when it hit me that I'm the last of the clan. Really wierd feeling at that time. Do not care anymore now but, was really strange thought at the time. Like You were the only person left on the earth.

To all who have kept checking on Me when i was not at the forum as much I want to take this time to tell You. Thank You for Your concern.
I will be off & on checking in as this as been like a second family.
So Thank You all and You know who You are.

Now I'm having trouble using the site with double posts and constantly being asked to log in when I did it already.

If You would could I get someone to PM Me with solutions or tell Me what I'm doing wrong? It is embarrasing to see 3 posts, identical post on thread. Do not know how I made that mistake so hopefully someone will PM Me and coach Me on the site. By the way Jason I really like what You did wth the new look ect.

Thank All
Rick