H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-05-2006, 02:44 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ran into another H3 with my problem yesterday ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto

Hmmm3 any word from your dealer ?

Funny thing seems like its comming from the front but im not sure.

Im getting a new digital camera this weekend maybe Ill take a video with sound and list it .

It would be GREAT if you could put the groan sound in the post! Then we could compare notes and see if we're talking about the same sound. Sit in the back seat while your wife drives .. you should hear it in the rear.
Wellll, <grrrrrrrrrrrr>, I took mine to the dealer yesterday for my A pillars to be changed out and oil change/ tire rotation, etc. I should probably wait a few days before I write about the BIG welcome I received when I drove in. (not!) That's a whole 'nother story. Anyways, I mentioned to the service writer that the groan came back .. I heard it twice in 2 days. (I'd probably be hearing it all of the time, but I'm rolling to a stop and praying it goes away). I asked if they could check it out .. he barked back, "Not if you need it back in 3 1/2 hours!!" Ahhh, it's great when you get good customer service, isn't it? I told him I needed it back by a certain time, plus I opted to wait for it rather than take a loaner. I told him I'll keep an eye on it and bring it back if I keep hearing it. He nodded.
Old 10-15-2006, 02:46 AM
Hummer Veteran

BB is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there any update on this problem ? I'm having the same problem now. The grinding sound is like the front brake caliper is touching to the wheel, and the brake pedal is also vibrated simultaneously. But, there is no impression of rubbing between a brake caliper and a wheel.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:39 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
Is there any update on this problem ? I'm having the same problem now. The grinding sound is like the front brake caliper is touching to the wheel, and the brake pedal is also vibrated simultaneously. But, there is no impression of rubbing between a brake caliper and a wheel.

Go to this link in teck section I have a sound fie there does it sound like yours ?

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...945#post315945
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.

Last edited by fourfourto : 10-15-2006 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Go to this link in teck section I have a sound fie there does it sound like yours ?

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...945#post315945

I have no chance to check the grinding sound from outside. Therefore, I can't tell you whether or not mine is the same sound as the one you are experiencing. But, the timing when the sound is generated is the same as yours. It's just before a complete stop.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:24 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB
I have no chance to check the grinding sound from outside. Therefore, I can't tell you whether or not mine is the same sound as the one you are experiencing. But, the timing when the sound is generated is the same as yours. It's just before a complete stop.
Mine is the same as fourfourto's sound. When you're driving, the sound inside the truck sounds more muffled ... more of a low groan sound, close to what you hear on his #1 sound file. We can both also feel something in the brake pedal at the same time that we hear the groan when you come to a final braking stop.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Hmmm3 and BB try to get a sound file also when are you bringing it in to the dealer.
I will probobly go in this friday or next friday.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

I don't know this works for others, but just for your information.

Today I tired one little thing, and there is no groan sound now. What I have done is to lower the right front a little by torsion bar adjustment (equalize the height of left and right front), that's it.

I guess that ABS was activated and it made a groan sound from the right front, becuase the height of the right front was higher than the left and the weight of the vehicle intensively moved on the right front tire when braking on a downhill road.