Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 11-09-2005, 09:18 PM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

I hope no one else has as thread too similar to this one. Anyway, check out the Autospies.com pics of the new FJ Cruiser, inside and out. If this is at all similar to the production model, there's no way I can see it being an H3 competitor. It's small and completely cheap looking inside (even with upgraded materials-- and we're talking about this being a SHOW car here-- I still can't see it). It looks neat, but that's debatable too. Well, love to hear what you guys think, those that do read this section of the forums.

Autospies.com FJ Cruiser Interior Photos

Autospies.com FJ Cruiser Exterior Photos
Old 11-09-2005, 10:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Ugly, lots of overhang, huge blindspot...
Old 11-09-2005, 10:27 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that things a let down. Looks like a puffed up touregg! I had always hoped they would have done a full on retro LC 4 door with a v8 and all the modern day comforts.

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 11-09-2005, 10:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

DTHVLY is an unknown quantity at this point

Rubber floors instead of carpet, water resistant seats, locking rear diff, traction control, 115 volt AC outlet, rock sliders, heavy duty roofrack with aux lighting, dash mounted GPS, compass, inclinometer, and temp, all standard or factory options, sounds pretty functional to me, not cheap. As far as build quality Toyota's got the best in the industry.

The FJ Cruiser's got a shorter wheel base, more ground clerance, more horse power, and way more torque than the H3, plus it weighs less and can tow more. Sounds like it could be threat to the H3, what do you think?

Old 11-09-2005, 10:45 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

YAWN!!!

It's GHEY as a touregg ya troll!

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 11-09-2005, 10:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by DDWH:
YAWN!!!

I guess looks are a matter of opinion, but the numbers don't lie. and as far as me being a troll I've been on this board for over two years and you've been here one month.

If I'm a troll then your a "Post Whore".
Old 11-10-2005, 12:48 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by DTHVLY:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
YAWN!!!

I guess looks are a matter of opinion, but the numbers don't lie. and as far as me being a troll I've been on this board for over two years and you've been here one month.

If I'm a troll then your a "Post Whore". </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, play nice guys. I'd say it's not a threat because I believe that if you're looking for a HUMMER, then you expect true luxury combined with functionality. As for this thing, it looks like you could seat two at best, unless you are friends with Hobbits. The wash out floors are nice, but just get rubber mudder floor mats and then shake/wash them out when they get dirty. Would you want to have to wash all the muck out instead, because I bet floormats aren't included? Me, I want the soft and plush leather seats and I'll just put the water proof covers on them when I do want to get dirty. Also, that blindspot is HUGE! Just look at the pictures. It has to be hard to see anything but out the front. And as for side impact safety, I haven't seen split/suicide doors do any better than poor (ala Honda Element). Otherwise, I do like the lights on the side mirrors, and the idea of dash mounted inclinonmeter and GPS. But honestly, the inclinometer and GPS are very easy to get aftermarket and some systems are excellent compared to factory stuff. But I wouldn't trade the refinement of the H3 interior for the FJ. I had a '99 Land Cruiser for a year, and it was nice, but compared to the Hummers we drive today, it was a POS!

That's just my humble opinion.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
I'd say it's not a threat because I believe that if you're looking for a HUMMER, then you expect true luxury...Me, I want the soft and plush leather seats...I wouldn't trade the refinement of the H3 interior for the FJ.

I agree with you, if a luxury grocery getter SUV with carpet, "soft plush leather seats" and push button 4wd is what you want then the H3, VW Toureg, or Lexus are a good choice, but if you want an out of the box offroad vehicle that's got more ground clerance, more power, more torque, less weight, more towing capacity, and more functional options, then the FJ would be your choice.

If your willing to trade horse power and offroad ability for "soft plush leather seats" then go with the H3. there's nothing wrong with Luxury SUV's it just depends on what you want.
Old 11-11-2005, 09:07 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd say it's not a threat because I believe that if you're looking for a HUMMER, then you expect true luxury...Me, I want the soft and plush leather seats...I wouldn't trade the refinement of the H3 interior for the FJ.

I agree with you, if a luxury grocery getter SUV with carpet, "soft plush leather seats" and push button 4wd is what you want then the H3, VW Toureg, or Lexus are a good choice, but if you want an out of the box offroad vehicle that's got more ground clerance, more power, more torque, less weight, more towing capacity, and more functional options, then the FJ would be your choice.

If your willing to trade horse power and offroad ability for "soft plush leather seats" then go with the H3. there's nothing wrong with Luxury SUV's it just depends on what you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you like the FJ, we're all very happy for you. To come in to a forum JUST to knock a vehicle with pure grade A Bullsh*t takes a special type of person. A person who must have endless amounts of time on their hands. A person who feels so low about themselves that they feel better bothering others.

If you can't stop trolling, atleast become a CREATIVE troll, one who gives much more amusement to the forum members. Remember, if you wanna be a clown, atleast put your makeup on, otherwise you just aren't trying.

BTW, what's the approach and departure angle on that thing? How about breakover?

Thanks for trying.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:41 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I'd say it's not a threat because I believe that if you're looking for a HUMMER, then you expect true luxury...Me, I want the soft and plush leather seats...I wouldn't trade the refinement of the H3 interior for the FJ.

If your willing to trade horse power and offroad ability for "soft plush leather seats" then go with the H3. there's nothing wrong with Luxury SUV's it just depends on what you want. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dude, you need to pull back and rethink your position. The POS FJ doesn't even have a rear locker as standard, it's an option. It's got 19 more horsepower, wow that's a clear cut winner. We don't know about it's crawl ratio, do we? It has 1/2" more ground clearance, yep that makes a difference. There is a 2wd only version, that makes it a real contender. It is a 2 door, yet still doesn't have the off-road specs to compete with a 4 door H3.

So according to your stupidity, 19HP and 1/2" in ground clearance makes it a "trade for horse power and offroad ability" to choose the H3. Is your name Chris?
Old 11-12-2005, 08:59 AM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
Is your name Chris?

I get that one
Old 11-22-2005, 04:41 PM

Adventurer is off the scale

I'm guessing that the FJ is designed mostly for a youthful audience, and will therefore not have the luxury of a Hummer. As for off-road prowess compared to an H3, too soon to tell.
Old 11-23-2005, 10:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by RazM:
Dude, you like the FJ, we're all very happy for you. To come in to a forum JUST to knock a vehicle with pure grade A Bullsh*t takes a special type of person. A person who must have endless amounts of time on their hands. A person who feels so low about themselves that they feel better bothering others.

If you can't stop trolling, atleast become a CREATIVE troll, one who gives much more amusement to the forum members. Remember, if you wanna be a clown, atleast put your makeup on, otherwise you just aren't trying.

BTW, what's the approach and departure angle on that thing? How about breakover?

Thanks for trying.

I didn’t just come into this forum to knock your beloved H3, DUDE. I have been on this forum for over 2 years and have been thinking about getting an H3 since before it even came out, but now that the FJ is coming out I’m going to consider it too. Obviously I’m not completely obsessed with the H3 like you are, I like to actually consider other vehicles before dropping $30K on one. If I can get equal or better off-road ability in a more reliable vehicle for around the same price then I'm going to do it. You remind me of those diehard Mustang guys back in the 90’s who always got there asses smoked by the Z28 and Corvette guys but they would still claim that their Rustang’s were better.

I replied to an FJ thread in the "Other Offroad Vehicles" section of this forum with facts about the FJ and now I'm a troll? Give me a break DUDE. Now if I would have started a thread entitled “Why the FJ is the greatest SUV to hit the trails and why the H3 is a POS” in the "H3 Discussion" folder then that would be a diffrent story. I like how you label anyone who has anything positive to say about any other vehicle besides a Hummer as a troll. The term "troll" has become so cliché on this forum it’s not even funny anymore.

I guess I understand your hostility and aggression I would be pissed too if I had been totally ostersized by the off-road community as well as targeted by enviro-nazis. That's something to be considered before buying a Hummer. I don't really want to take the chance of getting stuck out in the middle of no where and having some Jeep or Toyota guy driving by and laughing instead of helping, or having to worry about eco-terrorist vandalizing my vehicle every time I drive into the city.

BTW, A vehicle with a shorter wheel base and more ground clearance (the FJ), will have a better break over angle than a vehicle with a longer wheel base and less ground clearance (the H3).

Thanks for trying DUDE…

Oh yeah, and the Maple Leafs suck!
Old 11-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by sfox:

So just a question, we have seen what an H3 can do off road, have you seen one of these new "UGLY AS SH1T" FJ's off road yet? Or is your concept of an off-road vehicle what you've seen in Xterra commercials? Seriously, the approach and departure angles are just terrible and the breakover isn't any better than any other grocery getter available. From the few glam shots on Toyotas website, the flex on the rear is worse than an H1, and that's really bad for a solid rear axle vehicle.

S

Actually I have seen the FJ off-road. They had the video of it running the Rubicon with no problems at SEMA. As far as you thinking it’s ugly, I think we already covered that argument earlier in the thread. I’ll admit the H3 has slightly better A/D angles but I wouldn’t consider 33.5 and 30 to be terrible and the FJ does have a better break over angle, a shorter wheel base, and more ground clearance than the H3, so you do the math.

Quote:
Originally posted by sfox:
the breakover isn't any better than any other grocery getter available...

Well it's better than the H3's breakover so according to you the H3 is just another grocery getter.

You said it.
Old 11-24-2005, 10:29 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

FJ made it's debut here in Japan last year (The original here in Japan was called the Land Cruiser but this new model is called "Fun Cruiser" .

It's considered a novelty but not respected as an off road vehicle like the 4Runner or Surf (It's priced here with the Rav 4, it's considered equal). It's all look and will fall apart against the first curb it hits.

The reaction was so terrible here, they're not considering even selling them here . But the Japanese are betting a bunch of suckers in the US and Canada will gobble it up.

Even most Japanese I talk to know and revere the H1, H2, and now hot item H3. The sentiment is everything else is benchmarked against the Hummer Brand.

FJ is a threat....NOT

And don't joke about that crap against Hummers. It's not even funny.

Good Luck!

My Video Collectionez

Old 11-27-2005, 03:47 PM
Hummer Expert

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazM:

Thanks for trying.

I didn’t just come into this forum to knock your beloved H3, DUDE. I have been on this forum for over 2 years and have been thinking about getting an H3 since before it even came out, but now that the FJ is coming out I’m going to consider it too. Obviously I’m not completely obsessed with the H3 like you are, I like to actually consider other vehicles before dropping $30K on one. If I can get equal or better off-road ability in a more reliable vehicle for around the same price then I'm going to do it. You remind me of those diehard Mustang guys back in the 90’s who always got there asses smoked by the Z28 and Corvette guys but they would still claim that their Rustang’s were better.

I replied to an FJ thread in the "Other Offroad Vehicles" section of this forum with facts about the FJ and now I'm a troll? Give me a break DUDE. Now if I would have started a thread entitled “Why the FJ is the greatest SUV to hit the trails and why the H3 is a POS” in the "H3 Discussion" folder then that would be a diffrent story. I like how you label anyone who has anything positive to say about any other vehicle besides a Hummer as a troll. The term "troll" has become so cliché on this forum it’s not even funny anymore.

I guess I understand your hostility and aggression I would be pissed too if I had been totally ostersized by the off-road community as well as targeted by enviro-nazis. That's something to be considered before buying a Hummer. I don't really want to take the chance of getting stuck out in the middle of no where and having some Jeep or Toyota guy driving by and laughing instead of helping, or having to worry about eco-terrorist vandalizing my vehicle every time I drive into the city.

BTW, A vehicle with a shorter wheel base and more ground clearance (the FJ), will have a better break over angle than a vehicle with a longer wheel base and less ground clearance (the H3).

Thanks for trying DUDE…

Oh yeah, and the Maple Leafs suck! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh for crying out loud, that's it you're a nutjob.

Go re-read some of your other posts, where you constantly knock the H3 is your oh-so-sly ways.

Get a life man, go to an FJ forum and give them a BJ.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
The POS FJ doesn't even have a rear locker as standard, it's an option.

So having an optional rear locker makes the FJ POS, OK? I would be willing to bet that 90% of Hummer owners not only don’t use the locker but they don’t even know what it does. The only way having an optional rear locker is a problem is if you can’t afford it, I don’t have that problem.

Quote:
It's got 19 more horsepower, wow that's a clear cut winner.

So you think 19 more horsepower and 73 more pound feet of torque in a vehicle that weighs nearly 1000 lbs. less isn’t a lot? I guess if that makes you feel better then go ahead and keep thinking that, but the fact is that the H3 is even more underpowered than the H2 and it has one of the worst power to weight ratios of any SUV out there.

Quote:
It has 1/2" more ground clearance, yep that makes a difference.

Actually the FJ has over an inch more ground clearance than the H3, 1.3” to be exact. The FJ has 9.8” and the H3 has 8.5”, comparing both vehicles with the standard 32” tires. If you want to compare both with the optional 33” tires the FJ has 10.4” and the H3 has 9.1”. Now an extra inch of clearance may not make a difference when your cruising the street all day but when your off-road and there’s an extra inch between your undercarriage and the rocks it’s a lot and yes it does make a difference.

Quote:
There is a 2wd only version, that makes it a real contender.

Again not a problem unless you can’t afford the 4wd.

Quote:
It is a 2 door, yet still doesn't have the off-road specs to compete with a 4 door H3.
I guess your just pulling this out of your ass because the FJ beats the H3 in every off-road spec. except A/D angles. The FJ has more ground clearance, a shorter wheel base, a better break over angle, it weighs less, it has more power, and it has better off-road options, plus it has a real transfer case shifter instead of pushbutton like the H3. Push button 4wd is the gayest thing in the world.

Quote:
Dude, you need to pull back and rethink your position.
No, I think it's you that needs to pull back and rethink your position.

Quote:
Is your name Chris?
No, the name is Richard but it’s Dick to you...
Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
The POS FJ doesn't even have a rear locker as standard, it's an option.

So having an optional rear locker makes the FJ POS, OK? I would be willing to bet that 90% of Hummer owners not only don’t use the locker but they don’t even know what it does. The only way having an optional rear locker is a problem is if you can’t afford it, I don’t have that problem.<span class="ev_code_RED">I said it was a POS AND it didn't have it standard. I didn't say it was because. Try reading comprehension next year. Who cares what owners use/don't use, know/don't know. We were discussing a POS FJ on Hummer forum here weren't we?</span>

Quote:
It's got 19 more horsepower, wow that's a clear cut winner.

So you think 19 more horsepower and 73 more pound feet of torque in a vehicle that weighs nearly 1000 lbs. less isn’t a lot? I guess if that makes you feel better then go ahead and keep thinking that, but the fact is that the H3 is even more underpowered than the H2 and it has one of the worst power to weight ratios of any SUV out there.<span class="ev_code_RED">People that use their rigs are more worried about crawl ratios, not HP to weight.</span>

Quote:
It has 1/2" more ground clearance, yep that makes a difference.

Actually the FJ has over an inch more ground clearance than the H3, 1.3” to be exact. The FJ has 9.8” and the H3 has 8.5”, comparing both vehicles with the standard 32” tires. If you want to compare both with the optional 33” tires the FJ has 10.4” and the H3 has 9.1”. Now an extra inch of clearance may not make a difference when your cruising the street all day but when your off-road and there’s an extra inch between your undercarriage and the rocks it’s a lot and yes it does make a difference.<span class="ev_code_RED">Just shut up, already. Go get some updated specs.</span>

Quote:
There is a 2wd only version, that makes it a real contender.

Again not a problem unless you can’t afford the 4wd.<span class="ev_code_RED">Actually, it is a problem. It means it's not purpose built. Of course, you would have to drive to understand that.</span>

Quote:
It is a 2 door, yet still doesn't have the off-road specs to compete with a 4 door H3.
I guess your just pulling this out of your ass because the FJ beats the H3 in every off-road spec. except A/D angles. The FJ has more ground clearance, a shorter wheel base, a better break over angle, it weighs less, it has more power, and it has better off-road options, plus it has a real transfer case shifter instead of pushbutton like the H3. Push button 4wd is the gayest thing in the world. <span class="ev_code_RED">Well, first.... approach angle can be a pretty important factor. You can't get over the obstacle if you can't even get to it. You need to go look up the specs again, sport. Try to use accurate ones also. It's already been covered that many of the initial specs on the POS FJ were wrong. HP doesn't mean crap off-road. It doesn't really how much HP you have as long as you can apply torque to the tires. Sorry, if you were old enough to drive, you would know that. "Push button 4wd is....." forget about it, you're to dumb to even waste more comment on that one.</span>

Quote:
Dude, you need to pull back and rethink your position.
No, I think it's you that needs to pull back and rethink your position. <span class="ev_code_RED">Duh huh!!!!</span>

Quote:
Is your name Chris?
No, the name is Richard but it’s Dick to you... <span class="ev_code_RED">No, that would be Dickhead</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-01-2005, 03:59 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Para, what restrain! You mustta really given up on this guy, since I think this is your first post which you couldn't even be bothered to give the correct numbers!!