H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-06-2008, 05:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

RCKSTR is on a distinguished road
Question ATTN SUPERCHARGER OWNERS

I want to add a supercharger to my 03 H2, motor and trans are bone stock. Have heard A LOT of good things about supercharging the 6.0, with the whipple,or the paxton, but have also heard bad, ie transmissions blowing up I'd like some opinions from supercharged h2 owners, so I can make a good choice. I'd love the extra power, but dont want to have to rebuild my trans either.. Im not a hot dog lead foot, but it would be nice to accelerate onto the hiway quicker, and have some fun with it.

Thanks guys!
Old 05-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ATTN SUPERCHARGER OWNERS

You'll stick your foot in the gas more than you think. If you don't upgrade the trans right away, you'll have to do it later.
Old 05-06-2008, 07:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

How many lbs of boost are you guys running to blow up trannies? I thought the trans in these trucks were pretty tough and would take 6 psi no probs...
Old 05-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

6 lbs should give you some time, but to have the Corvette servos installed, at minimum, isn't much money and the piece of mind is great.
Old 05-06-2008, 08:07 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale

I installed the magnacharger supercharger back in Sept. 07 and love it. Boost between 6-8lbs. Installed corvette servo's as well as boost and fuel pressure pod, and have had no problems. Awesome torque on the low end and enough to let you pass someone with authority on the highway. Gas mileage went from 10 to 7 and now I use premium..Since it's mostly for show, I don't drive it as much, which makes it more fun when I do..Other adds, Dynatech long tube headers, Volant CAI, Bassani dual exhaust, QTP exhaust cutouts, MSD wires, plus, plus, plus..BRUTE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vga DSC02754.JPG (103.6 KB, 405 views)
File Type: jpg BOOST AND FUEL GAUGE POD VGA DSC02711.JPG (68.3 KB, 416 views)
Old 05-06-2008, 08:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the advice! Your talkin servos like this one?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-B...QQcmdZViewItem

How many does the trans need? Did any of you have to do fuel/timing upgrades for the engine to handle the boost, or is it as simple as bolt the supercharger on and have some fun?
Old 05-07-2008, 02:05 AM
Hummer Professional

Location: GAIN INFORMATION AND EDUCATION RELATING TO HUMMER H2\'S
H2BRUTE is off the scale

Since I had the work done, it was pretty much a bolt on application and away I went..Pretty fast..
Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Go Magnuson and it will come with a handheld programmer that will take care of timing etc. for increased fuel and boost. It is a SC unit that seems to have durability as well as self oiled and sealed so you do not have to worry over that issue. It actually comes with one of the best instruction manuals I have seen. It has large colored pictures ( unless changed for 2008 ) which makes it nearly fool proof to do install not getting in a hurry about it.

The vette servo is a very good addition as it helps the tranny to hold higher line pressure which prevents plate slippage that is the death of a tranny along with heat. There are several original 2003 owner members that put Magnuson on their rigs first thing and with normal use still have original tranny etc. with no troubles. I guess it depends on how hard you use it which goes for any equipment a person owns.

Magnuson install is not hard for gearheads. I do not mean not physically hard as it is a long day maybe 2 with a couple of guys in the driveway which I have no trouble telling someone that I can talk to for a little bit and tell he knows something and believes in reading instr. ahead of time and then following them to the letter. Not like on an airplane model and just start pulling parts out of the box and begin building plane kit. You are talking about a big investment of your Hummer to be shortcuting knowledge of what you are doing.

One thing about tranny and how long it will last. If you want to hotrod your 7500lb. ride It is very impotant to do it right and not the cheapest way to save $100 or 2. Also accept the fact that with this kind of weight you can break something just being stock if you are offroading it much less adding HP and torque then taking it out and doing the same thing. If you off road allot I suggest no boost equipment and just go with stock air system but, performance filter. The stock system is designed the way it is for a reason. If you want a little more power nothing wrong with that just do it using a handheld tuner which will do that as well let you firm tranny shifts up. The vette servo is still a good idea here. Add any aftermarket perf. stuff that you think will help some but, not boost adders. If tuned by a local tune shop on a dyno you will be amazed how much improvement you will get out of stock equipment. Enough to make you real happy but, not enough to over stress your drivetrain. When it comes to tranny just realize that it is going to most likely go so do not spend allot of money on it until it breaks. It will cost about the same you just get to put the cost off for who knows how long. Maybe till you are ready to trade for new rig and you can brag on how good it was.

Sorry for being long but, anyone trying to decide will get enough info to help guide them in right direction and more importantly asking allot of questions. That is what matters to me is trying to help save members money and make good choices or the best choices I'm able to help.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 05-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Hummer Messiah

I just remembered something, make sure you get the Fabtech heavy duty tierods. When the front tires start spinning, get traction, spin, get traction, you can snap a tierod.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:30 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Why pay $74.99 when you can get a genuine GM part here for $13.19? I bought one from them and it was less than $20.00 shipped and, as I said, is an actual GM part. You're paying more for billet with the eBay item...

http://www.oregonperformancetransmission.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=OPTI&Product_C ode=NTP-K51828C
Old 05-14-2008, 02:36 AM
Hummer Professional

pteam is on a distinguished road

I would just buy an 08 and have 400 hp with a 6 speed tranny to start instead of supercharging an old ride. Have a warranty better motor and better tranny. Then you could add intake, exhaust and headers and have 450+ hp with no tranny problems. Trust me tranny problems are not fun, and most supercharged cars end up having problems sooner or later from what I see.
Supercharged Viper 800 HP Special Edition #49 of 50
Porsche Boxster S

My Hummers:
08 H2, 22 in rims, 6 HID lights, 20 in TV with DVD
4 H2 limos 3 have lighted dance floors + ceilings, 1 has Zebra interior 24-26 passengers
H2 Limo 26 pass lighted dance floor (sold)
H2 Limo 24 pass (sold)
03 H2 (sold)
H1 Open top (sold)

FirstClassLimos.net - H2 limos and party buses in OH & PA

my car collection
Old 05-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

BITURBOAMG is on a distinguished road

I went magna charger on my 05 h2 back in sept 04. Added CAI, borla headers (which suck and break), b&b exhaust, smaller pulley and truck runs great. I am running bfg mt 37's on some kmc 22's and love the truck. Wheels like a champ and runs fast as can be. It is my dd and has some 40k miles now.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:58 AM
Hummer Veteran

My ATI is on its way
Old 08-04-2008, 11:53 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

honestly, just have your clutch-pack, sunshell, 2-4 band, servos and 1/reverse clutches replaced by a quality builder. It shouldn't cost more tha $1200.00 but the added security that the trans will hold is worth double that!

Anyways, these 4l60e's really don't belong in a truck this heavy... but I guess teh general put them in for the gear ratio's.. besides that, a 4l80e is what should of been installed.