H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-10-2002, 10:01 PM

sdawg is off the scale

Hello, I am starting to upgrade my H2. I was wondering what people have been getting for exhaust systems on their H2. I havn't seen that many options avail. so any info would be great such as price, sound quality, and where to get it.

Thanks!
Shawn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:01 PM

sdawg is off the scale

Hello, I am starting to upgrade my H2. I was wondering what people have been getting for exhaust systems on their H2. I havn't seen that many options avail. so any info would be great such as price, sound quality, and where to get it.

Thanks!
Shawn [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 11-10-2002, 10:13 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale

What have you seen? Any websites?

Jim
Red H2 in Texas
Old 11-11-2002, 10:26 AM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Try:

www.breathlessperformance.com

www.terminator427.com

- Dan
Old 11-14-2002, 08:35 PM

m998 is off the scale

Here's another one that looks promising.
http://www.xtremeflow.com/hummer.htm
I am also interested in mods for extra hp, but I would REALLY like to have a few more MPG. This one "says" it does both.
If anyone has first hand experience with any of them (previous posts) let us know.
TTFN
Old 11-15-2002, 10:56 PM

sdawg is off the scale

Yeah, so far I think xtremeflow looks the nicest. and it looks sweet too, plus it "sounds" liek it is built well and strong. Any other ones that someone knows about.

Shawn
Old 11-16-2002, 08:15 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

How does such aftermarket exhaust systems add 40 HP and 2 MPG? I thought everything in life has compromise, more power less MPG. If it is that easy some small aftermarket shops can work magic, why can't the giant GM/Hummer with hundreds of technicians, hundreds of million of dollars in research and purchasing power do that? They can easily drop some petty cash and buy the wonder technology outright. Imagine if an auto maker can add 40HP and more MPG across the lineup, certainly will bring publicity, customers and profit. Frankly I don't know anything about all these aftermarket wonder stuffs, I am doubting them simply from a logical point of [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_confused.gif[/img]view.
Old 11-17-2002, 01:31 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I've had the Extreme Exhaust on for two weeks now. They claim 3MPG & 30-40Hp. The cold air intake is a no brainer, K&N is the only way to go! 3 MPG (not even close) Gain in HP, some. Sound Quality = Nice and Husky. Like everything else about the H2, It will turn heads!
Old 11-17-2002, 06:23 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Z, why is cold air intake a no brainer? please kindly explain.
"3 MPG (not even close)", does that mean you did not get extra 3 MPG or did?
"Gain in HP, some." Does that mean you "may" got gain in HP or not? 30 or 40 extra HP as claimed is not "some", should be awesomely noticable.

Did not understand your bottomline. Sounds like after you put in the stuff, you did not get close to 3 extra MPG, and gain "some" HP. Than why is that a "no brainer"?
Old 11-17-2002, 07:46 PM

Location: Boca Grande, Fl. Best Damn Tarpon Fishing On The Planet
Vaka Humm is off the scale

Changing the exaust and air box won't effect the depth of water you can run in. On my 02 Vette I had a net RWHP gain of 20 Hp with a Blackwing induction and a Corsa cat back and only a slight improvment in MPG, but it sounds great [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] When Breathless has it's testing done I will be installing thier cold air system and either a Corsa cat back or the Bassins duel exaust. Making them breath a little easier is a help.
Old 11-17-2002, 10:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Big Z has a little shameless behaviour in the past

To answer your question "MAC" NO I did not get an additional 2-3 mpg. The average is still 11.9mpg, as it has been since I got this rig. I just finished a 1900 mile trip and thats as good as it gets (so far) only 5400 on the odometer. The NO-BRAINER = if it's breathing better, it's running better. I'll choose a K&N system over stock any day. Without putting this or any rig on a dyno, there is no telling what kind of HP gain your rig will have. Just an after thought, if water comes in the intake! It really doesn't matter what kind of filter you have.
Old 11-19-2002, 03:30 AM

TERMINATOR is off the scale

You are probably OK by changing the filter element and not the entire air filter housing. For any of you who perform the function of taking apart the stock H2 airbox, please report back what you find. I have taken mine apart and the design by H2 engineers to keep water out of the engine is very impressive. By the way, the stock air filter flows very well, is made by donaldson and its made to get wet and still not let water into the motor.

Sooner or later somebody will post on here how they changed their airbox and forgot about it, then went trailing and did a little stream crossing and got reminded.

Either way, if you are not hard core offroading, changing the filter element should be OK.

T
Old 11-20-2002, 04:01 AM
Hummer Veteran

OLE YLLR is an unknown quantity at this point

WESELOH HUMMERS MECHANIC SHOWED ME A CATALOG THAT THE DEALER GOT FROM SMA IT HAS ALL KINDS OF STUFF. THERE ON THE WEB WWW.SMAHUMMER.COM EXHAUST/HEADERS/SUPERCHARGER ETC.. I JUST SIGNED UP FOR THERE CATALOG. HOPE THIS HELPS..