H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale
Default Had to let it go...

It was tough, but a few days ago I traded in my 2006 H2 for a 2011 F150 Platinum Edition with the Twin-turbo Ecoboost V6 -).

Would have loved to keep the H2, but just couldnt afford 2 trucks, and the fuel economy was killing me. It needed new tires ($1500). I was at 70,000 miles on stock brakes so it was bound to need brakes very soon. Also, im on my3rd trans, and not under warranty anymore.

With all these items, which would cost me over $7000 if i lost another trans, i had to do it. Miss the 35" tires, but nothing a 6" lift and some rockstars/tires wont solve.

For those interested, with the 150 im getting 16MPG around town and about 22 on the highway. TONS OF POWER. About as fast as my supercharged H2. The NAV/PHONE/Touchscreen/voice control system is AMAZING. Makes me wonder what a 2012 H2 would have if it was still in production.

If I have money to spare in the future I would DEFIANTLY buy another H2. Loved the truck. Really disapointed that no other manufacturer has made an SUV to fill the gap left by Hummer. Threre is no true off road SUV anymore in the size range of the H2. That sucks.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

atomicgoofball is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Had to let it go...

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
It was tough, but a few days ago I traded in my 2006 H2 for a 2011 F150 Platinum Edition with the Twin-turbo Ecoboost V6 -).

Would have loved to keep the H2, but just couldnt afford 2 trucks, and the fuel economy was killing me. It needed new tires ($1500). I was at 70,000 miles on stock brakes so it was bound to need brakes very soon. Also, im on my3rd trans, and not under warranty anymore.

With all these items, which would cost me over $7000 if i lost another trans, i had to do it. Miss the 35" tires, but nothing a 6" lift and some rockstars/tires wont solve.

For those interested, with the 150 im getting 16MPG around town and about 22 on the highway. TONS OF POWER. About as fast as my supercharged H2. The NAV/PHONE/Touchscreen/voice control system is AMAZING. Makes me wonder what a 2012 H2 would have if it was still in production.

If I have money to spare in the future I would DEFIANTLY buy another H2. Loved the truck. Really disapointed that no other manufacturer has made an SUV to fill the gap left by Hummer. Threre is no true off road SUV anymore in the size range of the H2. That sucks.

--John

AHHH dang.. sorry to hear you had to let the h2 go, but congrats on the new buy! pics asap!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

What kind of issues were you having with the transmissions? Symptoms?
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 10-06-2011, 10:21 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
...There is no true off road SUV anymore in the size range of the H2. That sucks.

--John
Agreed...a 2500 HD Yukon (not the XL...keep that wheel base a little shorter) with a factory lift and a Duramax would be a nice addition to the GMC line-up.

Last edited by guruerror : 10-06-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 01:20 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

If you drive a lot, the mpgs can eat you up on the H2, but so can the depreciation of a new SUV. I drove the Ford Raptor and liked almost everything about it, except for the stiff ride. It rides like an empty 3/4 ton 4 X 4, maybe even stiffer. I know it would do a lot better with a few hundred pounds in the bed, but I've decided on keeping the Hummer and just replace things on it.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:23 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
...I've decided on keeping the Hummer and just replace things on it.
I'm with you Jim! And the fact that the H2 shares a lot of 2500 parts makes that a lot easier to do.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

Z06RB is on a distinguished road

Two or Three months ago my dealer called to see if I would sell my 09 back to them, I said no way in hell.
Old 10-08-2011, 10:43 PM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road

Speaking of companies making vehicles to fill the void, I am pretty sure that was the point of the 4 door Jeep Wrangler. They were trying to steal Hummer customers with that one. You know, once you get one and put $30K - $40K and replace everything but the cab, it pretty much looks just like a Hummer H2. Too bad it never could be a Hummer though, Jeep still needs to learn how to build something with balls.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 10-09-2011, 01:38 AM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much
Speaking of companies making vehicles to fill the void, I am pretty sure that was the point of the 4 door Jeep Wrangler. They were trying to steal Hummer customers with that one. You know, once you get one and put $30K - $40K and replace everything but the cab, it pretty much looks just like a Hummer H2. Too bad it never could be a Hummer though, Jeep still needs to learn how to build something with balls.
Agreed...and now "body colored hard tops"...looking more like a Hummer every day.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Much

I traded my H2 a while back for a Ford Raptor. Been very surprised with the change. (Although the Hennessey 475 kit could have a little bit to do with it. This truck rocks!)
Yesterday I took delivery of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (Bought for the wife).
Let me tell you, this thing with the new engine and tranny has balls!
It's light years ahead of any inline 5 cylinder.
I havent had a chance to get it offroad yet, but onnroad it has power. And it's supposed to have something like 20% better gas mileage than the old ones.
Granted, it's not the same "Jeep" as my 06 Rubicon but it does have possibilities.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a huge POS like her 06 Dakota was. :-(

Last edited by Vettster : 10-09-2011 at 07:32 AM.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:51 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vettster
I traded my H2 a while back for a Ford Raptor. Been very surprised with the change. (Although the Hennessey 475 kit could have a little bit to do with it. This truck rocks!)
Yesterday I took delivery of a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara (Bought for the wife).
Let me tell you, this thing with the new engine and tranny has balls!
It's light years ahead of any inline 5 cylinder.
I havent had a chance to get it offroad yet, but onnroad it has power. And it's supposed to have something like 20% better gas mileage than the old ones.
Granted, it's not the same "Jeep" as my 06 Rubicon but it does have possibilities.

I just hope it doesn't turn out to be a huge POS like her 06 Dakota was. :-(

When you say ?has balls?, are you talking about the Jeep? I hope it has a different V6 than my wife?s 2008 wrangler does, what a POS! (3.8 litre) She has 33? tires with a 3? lift kit and she has to drive around with the overdrive button off.

Because she?ll never off road it, I specifically bought a 2WD instead of a 4WD, thinking it would even help with gas economy. She?s lucky if she gets 14 mpg on the highway.

I really need to put a set of 4.56 gears or something to offset the apparently huge [insert sarcastic smirk here] tires on it.

To the original poster, ya should have done the diesel conversion. It would have cost you less than what you paid for that Ford and you?d have better gas mileage. I just returned from Tenn with my trailer and UTV on the back running 72-75 through the mountains (NC/TN) and averaged a little more than 15 mpg. If I didn?t have the trailer I would have done at least 3-5 mpg better.

Nonetheless, hope you like it...

Mark
Old 10-13-2011, 06:34 PM
Hummer Professional

You guys asked, so here it is....my new ecoboost 150...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg p1.jpg (36.8 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg p2.jpg (22.7 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg p3.jpg (18.2 KB, 296 views)

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Pretty truck for a Ford...lol.

Looks great, hope you enjoy it.

Mark
Old 10-13-2011, 06:38 PM
Hummer Professional

Thanks man. Love the power...miss the 35's and the clearance.

I did get to keep the rear 3rd row seat when I traded it in, and its never been used (Took it out and put in my atic the day i got the H2). So if anyone needs a rear seat its on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/300609256207

Send me a message and let me know you are from the forum if you are interested and ill hook you up with a little better deal.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 10-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Hummer Expert

2010_5thgen is on a distinguished road

you got rid of a hummer for a ford?!?! your gonna hate that desicion.
Old 10-14-2011, 04:40 AM
Hummer Expert

Vettster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush
When you say “has balls”, are you talking about the Jeep? I hope it has a different V6 than my wife’s 2008 wrangler does, what a POS! (3.8 litre) She has 33” tires with a 3” lift kit and she has to drive around with the overdrive button off.

Because she’ll never off road it, I specifically bought a 2WD instead of a 4WD, thinking it would even help with gas economy. She’s lucky if she gets 14 mpg on the highway.

I really need to put a set of 4.56 gears or something to offset the apparently huge [insert sarcastic smirk here] tires on it.

To the original poster, ya should have done the diesel conversion. It would have cost you less than what you paid for that Ford and you’d have better gas mileage. I just returned from Tenn with my trailer and UTV on the back running 72-75 through the mountains (NC/TN) and averaged a little more than 15 mpg. If I didn’t have the trailer I would have done at least 3-5 mpg better.

Nonetheless, hope you like it...

Mark

Mark,
It is different believe me. It's got the "new" Pentastar 3.6 in it.
I too have plenty of experience with the 3.8. Her old truck was a Dakota with the POS 3.8 in it.
The 3.6 has about 80 hp more! And a new 5 speed transmission to go along with it!
If the thing holds together, I will be ecstatic. I sure hope it doesn't turn out to be just another POS Dodge though.