H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-19-2010, 06:14 AM
Hummer Novice

DanF is on a distinguished road
Default Long Island

Anybody know of any hotspots to take the trucks offroading on Long Island? Any trails or anything adventurous?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Hummer Veteran

Luv2Camp is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Long Island

They used to sell out of state day passes for the beach access for East Hamton area beaches. There is no more "dune" wheeling as the dunes have been protected for years due to beach erosion... There is also some old army structures that were built to look like homes from the ocean and have a bunch of trails off of them. A few fresh water fishing holes with some light 4 wheelling to get to them. Most only known by locals so you should go ask around in the town on how to get there. I have not lived in NY for 8 years so access may no longer be available to some of the areas...

Below is a link with some of the off road permit info....

http://mikepoz.com/off.html
Old 07-20-2010, 10:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Hummeron37s is on a distinguished road

Dan, The only place to go wheeling is out east, unless you get the beach permit. We also convoy out to Wharton State Forest in Jersey and Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA. You are always welcome to come along or just hangout. I sent you a pm with my #.

Rancho 4" lift-Rancho Dual Shock-MC2 Rims-Mud Grapplers-Gobi roof rack-Piaa Offroad light-Piaa FU lights-10"TV-Brushguard-Gobi ladder-Taillight guards-Hi-Lift Jack-PC Swaybars-Custom stereo-Blacked out taillamps, blinkers, marker lights and Roof marker lights-Purple Cranium Spider-License plate mod-Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats & Cat Back Exhaust-DRL Mod-Cb w/Dual Whips
Old 07-23-2010, 11:15 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Smiths point is good for beach/back trails to inlet for fishing.
they also have a campground there and allow beach camping if you have a trailer.
http://www.co.suffolk.ny.us/Home/dep...%20Update.aspx

Name:  beach splash h3.JPG
Views: 375
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  beachwheeling.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  37.4 KB

Name:  stuck beach ph.JPG
Views: 344
Size:  40.4 KB
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hummeron37s is on a distinguished road

If I am not mistaken you can only get a permit in the spring before April. I would love to go beach riding but from what I was told the 37s on my H2 are to big, is that true? also do they require you to have fishing poles? Not a big deal I can strap them to the Gobi rack on my H2 or H3, just need to know.

Rancho 4" lift-Rancho Dual Shock-MC2 Rims-Mud Grapplers-Gobi roof rack-Piaa Offroad light-Piaa FU lights-10"TV-Brushguard-Gobi ladder-Taillight guards-Hi-Lift Jack-PC Swaybars-Custom stereo-Blacked out taillamps, blinkers, marker lights and Roof marker lights-Purple Cranium Spider-License plate mod-Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats & Cat Back Exhaust-DRL Mod-Cb w/Dual Whips
Old 09-07-2010, 05:48 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

Leave long island, and u will have tons of wheeling. LI is the only area in the US that has NO legal off road areas for ATV's/trucks (The beach is just a "fishing permit"). I left years ago, and only come back here once in a while to do work at my office.

I would rather shovel **** off streets for $5 an hour than have to live on long island. There is nothing good about long island. Unfortunatly, most long islander's havent been anywhere other than the normal vacation spots, so they think LI is normal. Dont even get me started on what the girls are like from LI....(gross, bitchy, most are way overweight,etc!)

Sorry man, nothing against u...just feel VERY strongly about how much I HATE long island.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch
Old 09-07-2010, 02:04 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndjmix1
Leave long island, and u will have tons of wheeling. LI is the only area in the US that has NO legal off road areas for ATV's/trucks (The beach is just a "fishing permit"). I left years ago, and only come back here once in a while to do work at my office.

I would rather shovel **** off streets for $5 an hour than have to live on long island. There is nothing good about long island. Unfortunatly, most long islander's havent been anywhere other than the normal vacation spots, so they think LI is normal. Dont even get me started on what the girls are like from LI....(gross, bitchy, most are way overweight,etc!)

Sorry man, nothing against u...just feel VERY strongly about how much I HATE long island.

--John

You can go day tripping on the beach without fishing year round ?
I dont know where you get your info from.
Otherwise your right ,not any state land or places to wheel.

Where did you live on LI ? Where are you living now ?

Why so bitter against LI ?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummeron37s
Dan, The only place to go wheeling is out east, unless you get the beach permit. We also convoy out to Wharton State Forest in Jersey and Rausch Creek Offroad Park in PA. You are always welcome to come along or just hangout. I sent you a pm with my #.

There's ALSO Rocky Moutain Terrain Park in Maine.

http://www.rmtp.us/

I was up there about a year and a half ago...this is where I learned my lesson about our wonderful tie rods. Luckily the GM dealer in town was open and some NH Jeepsters I was following were very proficient mechanics.

Big props to John Steele (the owner) and his Chevy 3500 dually for driving me into town...that man took that truck places I didn't think a dually could go.

WARNING: if you drop a part on the mountain it becomes the property of the park...he's got a guy that suppose to make a scuplture out of broken 4x4 parts. If you see a Hummer side step in the art...that would be mine.

I've been itch'n to go back...LOTS of fun...and with my whole new Cognito front-end I think I'm ready for that hill again!
Old 09-07-2010, 06:57 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

If you look in West Virginia most of the National Parks (those run by the Department of Agriculture...not the National Park Service) have decent trails that you can ride with a $5 day permit. I've been to George Washington and Jefferson National Park...their OHV trails were pretty decent (beginner to intermediate).

http://www.fs.usda.gov/wps/portal/fs... pname=George

The Cove is close to GW&J park...but it's privately owned. This guys does events 6 or 8 times a year were you can ride the trails on his side of the mountain. You may wanna check this out too. I've been back to take a look but never during an 'event.'

http://www.covecampground.com/
Old 09-10-2010, 01:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

LEcustoms is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hummeron37s
If I am not mistaken you can only get a permit in the spring before April. I would love to go beach riding but from what I was told the 37s on my H2 are to big, is that true? also do they require you to have fishing poles? Not a big deal I can strap them to the Gobi rack on my H2 or H3, just need to know.
The tire limit is for the state permit which is a bunch of crap. I went to get a permit and they told me the tire size limit is 33's so i told the guy that my truck comes with bigger tires from the factory. He said well then we can make an exception if you go home and put the oem tires on we can fill out some paper work and get you a permit. As I was standing there talking with the guy 3 jacked up toyotas with at least 37" tall tires came pulling up and went in to get permits he didnt say crap to them. the county permit is much easier to get and they dont require you to have fishing poles unless your night fishing but then you have to be actively fishing with permits and poles. only requirement during the day is recovery equipment jack board, tow strap etc.

03 White H2
12 HID lights, factory lightbar, custom light bar for brush guard, OEM luggage rack, k&n intake, Gran MAF, 37" Toyo M/T's, 17x12 weld racing wheels, predator programer, Dynomax 4" catback exhaust,
02 10th Anniversary H1 #44 Will be missed
94 Custom pearl white H1(work in progress)
Too many mods to list
06 kawasaki stx-15f
02 yamaha superjet
02 polaris scrambler 500
Old 10-14-2010, 06:29 AM
Hummer Professional

johndjmix1 is off the scale

fourfourto: lol, i was the same way...until i was lucky enough to be able to live off the island for a while.

Once i left I realised how much you give up on long island, you really cant see it unless you live somewhere else for a while.

You can compare to anywhere, but for me its Colorado:

Long Island Colarado
---------------------------------------------
Traffic TONS Little to none.
Off Roading Beaches THOUSANDS of miles.
City Nearby NYC Denver
Taxes (similar House) $8,000/yr $951/yr
Sunny Days A few A LOT
Mountains None Tons
Cost of living: HIGH Low
Health Insurance: $400/mo $65/mo

For single men, i cant see how they can deal with the attitude of most women on Long Island. Attitude even though most all of them are overweight?! Average size in LI seems to be 6-8 for women. Average size in CO is 0-2 for women (including those that have had kids!). For me (And my friends that have visited from CO) this alone makes LI gross. They couldnt beleave 170+ pound girls getting hit on at the bars by multiple guys?! Crazy! Not trying to be mean, but its the truth.

In the defense of Long Island, it was virtually unaffected by the economy compared to most other places. The average income on LI is awesome. Where else does a cop make over $100,000 starting salery?!

I rest my case.

--John

1/4 Mile 15.29@91.34mph

Mods:
Magnusun Radix Supercharger!!!
Switch to allow full Nav Controls while moving
Warn 9.5 Winch