H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 12-10-2005, 04:40 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Once again, all of you with snow can GFY. That is all.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Hummer Expert

DarthKarl is off the scale

Having now survived a couple of really good snow storms this year, I have to say that the H3 does extremely well on the snow and the ice. So far it’s the most confidant rig I have driven in the snow. Although I got to drive an 06 H2 all day yesterday in the snow and muck...it was fantastic.

My only beef with the H3 in the snow is that the tires kick up so much muck, my fenders get absolutely plastered with it. They both end up looking like frosty-the-snowman.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:22 AM
Hummer Professional

2xtreme is off the scale

My only beef with the H3 in the snow is that the tires kick up so much muck, my fenders get absolutely plastered with it. They both end up looking like frosty-the-snowman.[/quote]

Yeah I noticed that yesturday, that does suck. I don't think it's something mud flaps can take care of eithor. The 285's stick out past the fenders to much.
Old 12-10-2005, 11:29 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by First Hummer:
We just got hit with 14 inches of snow here in the Northeast.This thing was awesome to drive in the snow.The look on peoples faces that where stuck was memorable.The one thing that happened was the wipers stopped working and they where stuck in the up position.Then all of a sudden the started working again,but a few streets later and same thing just stopped and started on its own.Fstop dont even go there with the BCM module please.Ok here is the funny part of this story I just got done teasing a girl at work who bought a Jeep Liberty.When I couldnt move because of wpiers my friend said we should call her to help us.I said no #$%^&*( way after I teased her.This wiper issue better be a one time thing,cause if BCM module has gone again heads will roll. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok, I won't say anything in regard to the B**; however, it might be normal. If you wipers are freezing or sticking, that thing under the right trim panel (which I will call the "thing"), detects the resistance, and shuts the motor off to protect against overheating. Than a few seconds later, will turn on the motor again, and the initial torque of the engine starting up is sometimes enough to move the blade off the stuck part. If this is not the problem, if could that "thing," but give it some time.

As for what do winter blades do, well, the problem I saw was that ice/snow/slush, etc., was freezing between the back of the blade and the spring arms, causing the blades to streak. Winter blades with the rubber covers, prevents this crap from getting into these areas, thus preventing the streaking, that for some reason, always manages to streak right in the driver's view.
Problem is the sizes of the H3 blades are not standard. I have a set of Trico 16 and 17 inch blades, that should be here Monday, to test for their fit to the windshield. (Spec from GM for blade is 15.7/16.7 and that is the length of the blades.)

<span class="ev_code_RED">I HATE SNOW</span>
Old 12-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

Photom is off the scale

Only 7 1/2 inches around here! Not enough!!!!
Attached Images

Old 12-10-2005, 04:00 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

Fstop you are funny dude and thanks for not mentioning you know what.I dont think the design of the deep wells for the wiper arms was a smart choice.Thanks Fstop you are always on top of things,maybe I should let you do the service on my H3.
Old 12-10-2005, 04:01 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Photom:
Only 7 1/2 inches around here! Not enough!!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Photom ,how do you like the 9820xm.I have that same unit in mine and love it.
Old 12-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Hummer Veteran

montanah3 is off the scale

Starting to get a lot of snow here also. All the mountain roads are "snowpacked & icy". I've had to make several over the winding pass trips to nearby towns (well 60+ miles), and I felt confident all the way. My husband asks me how I did on the snow and I just say "what snow?". He's so thrilled--just the vehicle he wanted me in!
Old 12-14-2005, 04:02 AM
Banned

R2 is off the scale

I drive in the snow all winter.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:13 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had a couple of snow experiences with my H3 and I agree 100% that it does MUCH BETTER with traction control turned off!~