H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 11-16-2006, 03:11 AM
Hummer Expert

CslRkH2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stranger than fiction

Great Work Adam!

Medved is 5 minutes from my house, so I decided to give them a try a couple months ago due to a clunking noise (I had always driven down to the Springs before). They replaced the Pitman and Idler and returned the vehicle to me. Same clunk plus new different clunk!! Took it right back, they couldn't find sh!t and blamed the Fabtech tie rods.

I took it down to Al Serra, they found the new clunk which was...drum roll....3 full turns on the Pitman to tighten it down. The Al Serra PROFESSIONALS couldn't help but laugh at the piss poor job Medved did. They also fixed the original clunking noise.

Oh yeah, almost forgot about this...I had a torn boot on the Fabtech tie rod, Medved told me it would be $300 for the replacement boot/kit. I laughed and told him I didn't even pay $300 for the tie rods. Phil confirmed the actual price was a couple bucks and shipped a replacement out to me the next day....
Old 11-16-2006, 05:03 AM
Hummer Novice

glassman66 is on a distinguished road

The problem with MEDVED is John Medved the owner. He is a theif and has always been a theif.

I was looking at buyi8ng new when the 0% fin. was out. They said they could get me an 06 for invoice, BUT....

...and here it comes, I'd have to pay $900.00 for tinting the front two windows, a clear bra and some cheesy ass pin stripping.

You know they have $200 bucks in the whole add-on crap. I told them to F-OFF and I found a used 04 with 29K on the ticker for 35k, which their sales team said could not be done.

F_Them!

Looks like I'll be going to the Springs for service.
Old 11-16-2006, 06:39 AM
Hummer Professional

Motohead is an unknown quantity at this point

Adam,

You should forward this thread to the woman you wrote the letter to, let her see what Hummer owners think of the place.

Why not send it to Medved too...
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

ipeefreely is on a distinguished road

man... i really dont trust dealerships to begin with. And even though i live nowhere Medved, they sound like real A$$holes. I'm interested as well as to how this turns out, keep us posted. =)
Old 11-16-2006, 05:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Goalkeeper has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Adam,
Make sure you tell us what Medved says when you tell them about this. I gotta hear their justification for what they did in spite of Hummer paying for their mistake.

And you should forward them/include the link tho this post to see what others are saying about their dealership...

-Matt
01 - Ducati 748 Bip, Yellow- Giddy Up!!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:28 PM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

Good work Adam and HUMMER.

I've found that when you have a more complete record of what happened than the other party does, you tend to do better in the end (than if you don't).

And I guess you learned a lesson. Unlessthey just called to tell you that your vehicle is ready to be picked up, call ahead to make sure.
Old 11-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Hummer Professional

Humdingah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motohead
Adam,

You should forward this thread to the woman you wrote the letter to, let her see what Hummer owners think of the place.

Why not send it to Medved too...
Sent the link to the Sales and Service Managers at Medved in Castle Rock!
Old 11-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Hummer Expert

OldHiker is an unknown quantity at this point

Is there anyway that we can have a section strictly for our comments about our experiences with Hummer dealers? As some of you know, I had one of the worst experiences that I have ever experienced with a Hummer dealer, Winkle in Reno, and one of the most positive, Galles and Davis in Albuquerque as well as a positive experience with my home dealer, Paramus in New Jersey.

I think our members should be warned about or directed to those dealers.
Old 11-24-2006, 06:30 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

How is this working out for you Adam?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:37 PM
Hummer Guru

Adam in CO is an unknown quantity at this point

Fine. How's it working for you?
Old 11-25-2006, 12:49 AM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Somehow missed this thread, but good job Adam. Glad you got reimbursed but sure sucks you had to go out of pocket at all.

I've had my own trouble with Medved. I was living in Lafayette when I was looking at H3s. I went to Medved North and could hardly believe the ignorance, lies, runaround and hardsell.

I wanted to test drive a 5spd Adventure and Medved said the only 2 in the state were at the Commerce City railhead, and I would have to put down a grand and sign a purchase order to get it on the lot. I know BS when I smell it so I made some calls. Turns out both H3s were at Al Serra Hummer in Colo. Springs

Of course I drove down there. It's a 90 minute drive past 2 other hummer dealers but worth it. I probably would have bought one that night but someone was already signing on the slate blue 06. The sales guys were professional, knowledgeable and no BS (for salesmen) and they don't add anything you don't ask for or sneak in extraneous fees and markup. No hassle on my GMID either.

I decided to wait and order an 07 from them and haven't been back to Medved. Oh yeah, and Brian in Al Serra service is awesome ... prompt, knowledgeable, returns your calls on time and goes the extra mile. They're getting my business even if it's a longer drive.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

PackerFever is off the scale

I tried to "get what I wanted" and MedVed told me I would have to wait 12 weeks.

I looked online and found what I wanted in Cincinnati. I called MedVed in Wheatridge and said I found it...can you get it from them for me?

They said yes but it would be a $2000.00 delivery charge. I said get ownership and I will go pick it up. So they wanted to add on a charge for finding it plus the warranty and no break on the price. I talked them out of it but I was not happy.

So I flew out to Cincy and drove it home...less than $600 for total travel and pick up costs including air fare and hotel for one night on the road.

That was back in October 05'. I do feel like they raped me on price but I got over it...a little. Service has been fair.

I am thinking of going down to Al Serra to see what all the hoopla is about.....I like great service and tend to spend more and refer more when I get it. I am very loyal and only went to Med ved since they are only 90 minutes away and I get to Denver more than the Springs, which is 2 hours away.
Yellow 06 H3 5 Speed ~ Luxury Off Road, Black and Chrome trim, Sunroof, Leather, XM Monsoon, Brushguard, Rail Steps, Yakima Pro 16, Mud Flaps, Hard Spare Tire Cover, pwdr coat fuel door.... .Riding like a Spirit on the Wind.