Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-29-2005, 04:16 PM

Operator24 is off the scale

Seen those around. Nice sites. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:23 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Operator24:
Again, not an expert, never competed. I was thiking only of CDP though. Sorry for the confusion. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Although you can shoot a few other pistols in CDP, 1911's tend to dominate it and it is rare to see any other type of pistol win in CDP. Likewise for SSP, Glocks dominate in that division. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you for being civil PhilD. Also, thanks for the info! I've never had the personal interest to compete, yet, but am still a novice. Still finding what I like to shoot. I do like to share what I've found so far as I feel I approach it methodically. I'd have to work in a professional post of some kind and hold professional training before I'd personally consider comps though. For the time being, I'm happy to shoot with people who do compete in these. I find they're the best folk to learn from. They approach it methodically too. Have you competed before?
Old 12-29-2005, 05:15 PM

I was going to say more, but instead, I think its time I jet. Enjoy the shooting, wheeling and Hummers! I've got other things to do.

Good Luck PhilD with the comps, I see only x-ring shots in 06!

ree: Happy gun shopping.
Old 12-29-2005, 08:03 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Sorry for the cross post but I'm excited about this thing!

Here's what I chose. I did some basic research but the HK just felt the best in my hand.

(The salesman told me Homeland Security just selected this gun for all its uses)

HK P2000 .40Cal
Attached Images

Old 12-29-2005, 08:42 PM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

My last purchase was a toy!
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2005, 12:31 AM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Longhorn:
(The salesman told me Homeland Security just selected this gun for all its uses)
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HK and Sigarms were each awarded a similar contracts over a year ago:
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?content=3949

Here's HK's news link: http://www.hkdefense.us/corporate/me...essrelease.pdf
and here's Sigarms': http://www.sigarms.com/news/index.asp?display=detail&id=67

And as for "all of it's uses?" ...

Don't believe salesmen! Did you buy your hummer based solely on the claims of the salesperson?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:36 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
My last purchase was a toy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Klaus,
A toy? What'd you saw the little orange tip off the barrel
Old 12-30-2005, 12:53 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Klaus:
My last purchase was a toy! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Did you really get a five-seveN? ass

I was talking about getting one to play with a couple of months ago but ended up getting a P2000sk as a new carry.
Old 12-30-2005, 01:09 AM
Banned

ree,

I'm sure you know the P45 is new, so it's going to be slim pickings finding a lot of people who have molested one.

I don't know anything about them but I would suggest finding a place that has a range that will allow you to rent one to shoot first. Obviously, in CC situations, if you lack even the remote confidence in your primary, it could mean the big picture if you had to employ it in a real world scenario.

If it doesn't have it and the gun feels good, there are some recoil reducers that are going to be big market items for the compact large calibers that are here and coming. Something similar to what HK utilizes along with the polymer frame might help wrestle the gun down for situations when your adrenaline is pumping and your mind is racing.

BTW, here is a pic of my P2000sk before I get it treated with Black-T.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2005, 02:13 AM
Banned

I scan througt GT because it has such a eclectic and large amount of information. Here is a posting on the P45

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457422
Old 12-30-2005, 02:30 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Did you really get a five-seveN? ass
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I did. Whenever I load up the arsenal and drive over to Mississippi you can shoot it!

I sure am glad I have the air suspension!
Old 12-30-2005, 02:32 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
I scan througt GT because it has such a eclectic and large amount of information. Here is a posting on the P45

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=457422 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Paragon,
Great find. Lots of good info more in depth from the reading in all the rags. I'm thinking the long trigger pull is going to ruin the deal. I just have the damndest time squeezing cleanly if I have to move the trigger finger through too long an arc. After buying other guns sight-unseen, don't worry, I'm not going to buy without trying.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Don't believe salesmen! Did you buy your hummer based solely on the claims of the salesperson?
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ree, I bought the gun because it felt good (as stated) and the brand has a great rep. Thanks for the links though! Now I know.

I would like to retain your services as my Midwestern research assistant through the 1st quarter of 2006. Feel free to correct and quote me as needed.

As far the HUMMER, I bought it for the same reason as everyone else here - to compensate for a small hog.

Paragon-

I really liked the subcompact too. I don't think you can go wrong with HK.

What do you recomend for holster options? (Model/Manufacturer) I've looked at a few by Galco but I can't decide.
Old 12-30-2005, 08:49 PM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Longhorn:
I would like to retain your services as my Midwestern research assistant through the 1st quarter of 2006. Feel free to correct and quote me as needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'll go out of my way not to now
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
As far the HUMMER, I bought it for the same reason as everyone else here - to compensate for a small hog.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what you call them down there?!

Re: Holsters
You guys ever try a <STRIKE>fobus</STRIKE> kydex plastic thingy? I'm considering trying one of those out sometime.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned

I have a Done Hume Open Top Agent paddle holster (25USP-C) on order. I prefer paddles and like the agent because it provides a piece of leather that protects the weapon completely from your skin should you not wear an undershirt. I carry wearing shorts and other things w/o belts at times. Good, comfortable holsters and the same model will work for both the P2000 and the sk.

Old 12-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

I have a couple of Fobus holsters. I like their mag carriers. The holsters are good for general use, but if you are going to carry often, spend the money on a good leather holster.

FWIW, I don't think Fobus holsters are made of Kydex but of a better synthetic plastic. Kydex has some long term wear issues and can deform.

I have 2 Fobus Roto-holsters. One on a universal mount that will allow you to mount the holster in a multitude of locations and be an easy draw should you need it.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Banned

I didn't really say, but you get what you pay for. Fobus holsters are good for the money but just not an everyday carry option, IMO.