H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-03-2007, 11:17 PM
Hummer Novice

JaKaL is on a distinguished road
Question New wheels, tires, and tb adjusted...

I have an '07 h3 adv.. I put new 35x12.5 on 16x10 helos on her 2 weeks ago, so inturn i had to crank the TBs up. In doing so, the truck takes a nose dive into the asphalt when i brake, and i believe the tires touched the fenders a few times, so i'm looking at either shock extenders, or the cognito leveling shocks. Which is recomended, if the extenders, Where the hell can i find them?! 2) The dealer says they can't recalibrate the speedo for the 35s, nor do an alignment, nor shut off the TPS, basically anything short of an oil change, they are useless. Any ideas? I've gotten the alignment taken care of but as for the TPS and the speedo, I'm running into a dead end, though I do think that if i get the ecu flashed for the 35s it'll shut off the TPS, Seems like the only people having the TPS problems changed the tire size. Thanks for your time guys.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheels and lights6 resize.jpg (117.0 KB, 500 views)
File Type: jpg mud3 resize.jpg (115.7 KB, 452 views)

Last edited by JaKaL : 07-03-2007 at 11:22 PM.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:41 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New wheels, tires, and tb adjusted...

Sorry I can't help with your questions, but what's wrong with your TPS? It should only go off below 35 psi (cold).

If you mean the TPS goes off when airing the tires down for wheeling, then join the crowd. Federal law requires a TPS alarm on 2007+ vehicles, and GM is taking it literally. IMO, the TPS alarm should be disabled in 4hi-lock and 4lo since you're not supposed to use them on pavement, but they didn't ask me. At least it doesn't ding at you constantly.

If the blinking DIC bothers you, tap the reset stem when the warning comes up to clear it.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice truck, btw
Old 07-03-2007, 11:45 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaKaL
I have an '07 h3 adv.. I put new 35x12.5 on 16x10 helos on her 2 weeks ago, so inturn i had to crank the TBs up. In doing so, the truck takes a nose dive into the asphalt when i brake, and i believe the tires touched the fenders a few times, so i'm looking at either shock extenders, or the cognito leveling shocks. Which is recomended, if the extenders, Where the hell can i find them?! 2) The dealer says they can't recalibrate the speedo for the 35s, nor do an alignment, nor shut off the TPS, basically anything short of an oil change, they are useless. Any ideas? I've gotten the alignment taken care of but as for the TPS and the speedo, I'm running into a dead end, though I do think that if i get the ecu flashed for the 35s it'll shut off the TPS, Seems like the only people having the TPS problems changed the tire size. Thanks for your time guys.

first of all welcome to the forum.

second. were teh tpm sensors from the oem wheel transfered to your new wheels? if no, then there is no way to turn the tpm messages off, if you did then there is some problem with the system and dealer can look at it. but im guessing they were not so i think most people just live with it, no real fix. I guess you can take teh sensors mod them to make em think they got pressure and just carry them inside teh truck. dont think anyone has done that.

in regards to the spedo the dealer cant help. I and many others on here have had the pcm reconfigured by pcmforless.com and that takes care of the spedo problem. dont know if the tpm can be turned off by a pcm reflash/reconfigure.

i have 35s mounted on teh oem wheels with the tpm sensors and dont have a problem.
Old 07-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

oh i also forgot, nice truck!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Steve - SanJose

Wow.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:36 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

Cognito shocks and extend bump stops to where they touch the control arms like they did b4 you cranked the TBs. If you can't find a way to extend the bump stops, Daystar makes some that go under the shock boots. Take them and modify them to fill all extra space when sitting at ride height (may need 2 per shock and cut one of them. This depends on gap in shock).
Old 07-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Hummer Novice

Thank you for the welcome and compliments! I never had the sensors remounted, so i guess I am going to deal with it for now untill i need new tires! Thanks for the imput as well!

Tomp,
Do the Cognito shocks still have the same inbound travel as the stock ones? If so, how much of a pain in the arse is it to adjust the bump stops. You'll have to forgive me, i built high performance cars for years, always went off road for a hobbie (with other peoples trucks :-) ), but never worked on 4x4s till now! haha.
Old 07-04-2007, 02:42 AM
Hummer Authority

tomp is an unknown quantity at this point

The cognito's will compress about the same as the OEM shock, so here is where your problem comes from. When you cranked the TBs, you raised the lower control arm off of the bump stop. The bump stop touching from the factory was what prevented nose dive and body roll and getting blown around from side winds.

When you cranked the TBs you reduced your downward suspension droop. Installing the longer cognito shocks will allow more droop. However, you are still faced with the problem of not touching the bump stops.

I am currently not aware of a way to extend the factory stop. The best thing you can do is to install the Cognitos. With the vehicle on a flat surface and sitting at ride height, stick a tape measure up inside the shock boot to measure how long the external space is on the shock rod.

Call up Daystar and ask if BLACK (stiff) bump stops:
http://www.daystarproducts.com/ItemF...09059&Category= will fit over the H3 type shock mount as it is not the same as the standard ordinary shock mount as shown in their video

Make sure and ask them the height to ensure they are at least as long (preferably slightly longer to allow for compression) as the space you measured above. If not long enough, get 2 sets and trim to hieght you need. Do not get their handy install device shown in the video as it will not work on the H3 shock mount.

The Daystar bump stops may however be able to slide over the body of the shock. Here is a pic to see how they are made: http://cognitomotorsports.com/store/Hummer_H3.html

Last edited by tomp : 07-04-2007 at 05:40 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

regardless of the problems you have had, your H3 looks great!!!!!
welcome to the forum!

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 07-04-2007, 06:27 PM
Hummer Novice

Once again thank you for the compliments and help. Just ordered the cognito's, and when they get in I'll get crackin on the bump stops. Hopefully that'll take care of the nose dive! Just trying to buy some time before the lift!