H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 PM

iacas is off the scale

I'm considering purchasing an H3. I have an Aztek right now and love the versatility. I tote two kayaks on it, I tote my dog, six sets of golf clubs, and it was invaluable in helping me move.

I'm curious what people like and dislike about their H3s. Be honest - I can accept flaws if they're not things I care about, after all - but blatant fanaticism is a bad sign. :-)

So what do you like? What do you dislike? What tips do you have for a first-timer?

I meet up at the dealership on Thursday at noon, so I hope to hear from y'all before I go.

P.S. I'm planning on a Green Lux with the mud flaps, the sunroof, the trailering stuff, automatic transmission, and rubber floor mats. And maybe the crossbows for eventual kayak-toting. We'd be trading in my wife's Camry, not my Aztek (2001, still runs great, 30 MPG, also green).
Old 08-08-2005, 07:19 PM

iacas is off the scale

I'm considering purchasing an H3. I have an Aztek right now and love the versatility. I tote two kayaks on it, I tote my dog, six sets of golf clubs, and it was invaluable in helping me move.

I'm curious what people like and dislike about their H3s. Be honest - I can accept flaws if they're not things I care about, after all - but blatant fanaticism is a bad sign. :-)

So what do you like? What do you dislike? What tips do you have for a first-timer?

I meet up at the dealership on Thursday at noon, so I hope to hear from y'all before I go.

P.S. I'm planning on a Green Lux with the mud flaps, the sunroof, the trailering stuff, automatic transmission, and rubber floor mats. And maybe the crossbows for eventual kayak-toting. We'd be trading in my wife's Camry, not my Aztek (2001, still runs great, 30 MPG, also green).
Old 08-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't gotten mine yet but here are the main issues that I have heard.

Needs more power. This is really up to the driver. Most that have had theirs for a while think it is fine. I would be nice to have more power but you don't buy one for drag racing.

Gas mileage. The gas mileage is not as good as everyone expected but it does get better at the engine break-in. You probably wouldn't put your foot in it as much after owning it a while either.

Seats don't lay flat. When you fold the rear seats down, they do not lay completely flat. I have not actually looked at this but would be something to think about.

Those are the main issue that I can think of right now. None are major issue but it really depends on what you are using it for. I think the pleasure you get from driving it will far out weigh these issues so go get yourself a nice green one.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-08-2005, 08:15 PM

Georgemarc is off the scale

You covered it pretty well there, and yes, the driving far outlasts any minor complaints or issues.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:55 PM

iacas is off the scale

The gas consumption worries me, but I may be able to look past that if I like some of the other things. My current SUV gets ~30, after all.

I guess the rear seats can't be removed, can they? Hrm.

It has a bit more power (as far as horsepower) as my Aztek, but weighs a bit more, so I am guessing they'd be about the same. I don't need to tow anything huge, but I'll get the towing package to have the option. So if it's got enough power to tow stuff, I'm sure it has enough power to go for me.

My wife and I will use the Aztek for anything over 45 minutes drive.

I have two slightly more specific questions:
1) What questions should I ask the dealer?
2) What's included in each of the packages? The Hummer site doesn't quite list everything. I want the bigger wheels, I want the 7 speakers, but I could care less about leather seats (they're heated, though?) and the 6-disc changer - I've got an iPod for that. Is there any place that lists the differences between each of the three starting models?
Old 08-09-2005, 04:58 PM

iacas is off the scale

No more responses?

I drove the Touareg and the Highlander today. I'm seriously considering both of those over an H3.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:08 PM

hyperion78 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by iacas:

I have two slightly more specific questions:
1) What questions should I ask the dealer?
2) What's included in each of the packages? The Hummer site doesn't quite list everything. I want the bigger wheels, I want the 7 speakers, but I could care less about leather seats (they're heated, though?) and the 6-disc changer - I've got an iPod for that. Is there any place that lists the differences between each of the three starting models? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well if you want the bigger wheels but no leather go with the Adventure package. I think any stero upgrade you do gets you the monsoon system. As for connecting the Ipod you can't do that unless you add a part by yourself. I think that they've been talking about that over on the H2 board, or it might have been here. So I think a good place to start would be the adventure package. If I remeber right too on the hummer website I think they have a chart about what the different levels come with. It's buried in there but it's there.