H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H1 Discussion Forums > General H1 Discussion

Old 08-20-2005, 08:32 PM

Daniel is off the scale

im looking to get an EDGE system (if they make it for the 2000 hummer h1) if not something similar, also put a blow-off on the turbo and stick an RBP exhaust on there, anyone have any comments to this or help me out on what i should put on here i want to make it sound deep and nice, tough...thanks -Daniel
Old 08-20-2005, 08:32 PM

Daniel is off the scale

im looking to get an EDGE system (if they make it for the 2000 hummer h1) if not something similar, also put a blow-off on the turbo and stick an RBP exhaust on there, anyone have any comments to this or help me out on what i should put on here i want to make it sound deep and nice, tough...thanks -Daniel
Old 08-21-2005, 02:42 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

There is no Edge system for a 6.5L H1. If you are looking to do a computer upgrade on your H1 you will not to physically swap out the old computer in place of a new one. The PCM (computer) in your H1 is technolagy that pre-dates the new programers, they are not and never will be availible for your H1. If you want a new computer Predator has one you would probably be interested in. They claim 102 HP 156LB/TQ. The Predator kit is the most powerful computer upgrade out, by a long shot. Now as to wheater or not it really makes that much power is debatable. I would like to think so, they have dyno sheets that prove it. Others think the whole thing is snakeoil. As far as the exhaust goes: You can put on an aftermarket catback system, but the price is pretty steep for what it is. Rod Hall makes the cheapest kit, and it is nice. Make sure to remove the cat. The muffler is good too. If you want a straight pipe kit and the prohibitive price is not a factor get the RubberDuck system. Its supposed to get great tone out of the engine. Now back to performance. Do the exhaust, I would really consider a computer, and then swap out the injectors to high performance injectors. Another great option would be an intercooler. An intercooler should give you an extra 50 HP standalone. If you were to add the intercooler, exhaust, injectors, and computer, you would have some really decent power. In fact you would not be all that far off from Duramax power. If you do a computer or injectors you HAVE to ditch th exhaust. With the stock exhaust system your gonna run you EGT's up allot higher then you should. Also with any type of performance mod you really need to add a boost guage, a pyrometer, and a trans temp guage would be a good idea.

-007=