H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

I just read the Consumer Report review of the H3 and they have these opinions:

HIGHS | Off-road ability, turning circle.
LOWS | Acceleration, fuel economy, access, visibility, ride, heavy tailgate, emergency handling.

Any ideas or comments on these? Rebuttals anyone?

Bill
Old 10-27-2005, 10:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

I just read the Consumer Report review of the H3 and they have these opinions:

HIGHS | Off-road ability, turning circle.
LOWS | Acceleration, fuel economy, access, visibility, ride, heavy tailgate, emergency handling.

Any ideas or comments on these? Rebuttals anyone?

Bill
Old 10-27-2005, 10:44 PM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

I hate consumer reports. Yea, I would say what they are saying is true. But so what!! They never give credit where credit is due.
1. Hummer did a awsome job on design, because it doesn't look like everything else.
2. This is a tough little beast. And you feel very safe in the H3.
3. Most Important, If your reading consumer reports prior to buying a H3, do me a favor, go else where!!

4. First Year production OK!!, Low affordable Cost, and Please, please, please, The gas milage is equal if not better than Many of the top 10 suv's. Suv to Suv you get what you pay for in the H3.

To All the other stuff, I don't care!!! I luv my H3 period. Its truly like nothing else.
Old 10-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Hummer Professional

Mark805 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I hate consumer reports. Yea, I would say what they are saying is true. But so what!! They never give credit where credit is due.
1. Hummer did a awsome job on design, because it doesn't look like everything else.
3. Most Important, If your reading consumer reports prior to buying a H3, do me a favor, go else where!!

4. First Year production OK!!, Low affordable Cost, and Please, please, please, The gas milage is equal if not better than Many of the top 10 suv's. Suv to Suv you get what you pay for in the H3.

To All the other stuff, I don't care!!! I luv my H3 period. Its truly like nothing else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well put... I love my H3.

Dear GM: PLEASE SELL ME AN HX
Old 10-27-2005, 11:15 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

LOWS |
Acceleration --> It’s an SUV not a Porsche, Add a supercharger.
Fuel economy --> Just as good and better than some in mid-size SUV class.
Access --> Kids and I ran through all access passages with ease. I guess if your 7 foot tall and weigh 400 pounds it could be an issue.
Visibility --> Whatever, depends on how stoned you are. Better visibility than my wife’s Audi A6 quattro in the blind spots. Granted there is a rear view blind spot.
Ride --> Plush, stable, and very secure feeling like a tank! Above 85 see acceleration
Heavy tailgate --> Take the damn spare off you pzy, my 9 year old daughter opened it with ease.
Emergency handling --> Roof rail airbags biotch, it’s a SUV not an Audi.

Consumer Reports is pretty much a circle jerk as far as I am concerned. I have purchased alot of things they have slammed and never had any issues, etc. that they claim....sometimes I wonder whose payroll they are on.

Try http://www.edmunds.com and look into buyers opinions as well as here for a true pulse of whats going on with the H3.

Go do some test drives and form your own conclusions!

None of my opinions are pointed at you BigBill, they are at consumer reports, don't want you to feel like this was an attack against you.

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 10-27-2005, 11:24 PM

ODAMO is off the scale

Right on. The thing about consumer reports (my mom gets it so I look thru it when visiting) is that they always go at something with a bias toward conservative thinking.
And for anyone looking to them for pre-purchase advice on anything such as a Hummer, or Mustang GT, or anything else that excels in a certain area.....your right they should just go elsewhere and keep their opinions to themselves. The old saying goes: If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand. It's a HUMMER thing.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:10 AM

jkH1+H2=H3 is off the scale

Just in!! Flash Report for Tree Huggers.......Save a Tree, Don't print consumer Reports anymore.!!! Thankyou,........ thankyou,............ very much,.... next!!!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2005, 12:43 AM

Edspad is off the scale

Now Now...Consumer reports serves a purpose. like if your buying a new washer,Dryer Dishwasher ect ect...
I recall the first time i read a review from them back in 1992 on my Grand spanking just pushed it off the show room floor New, 1993 Mustang Gt. i was pretty steamed until i really thought about there talking points.. too much understeer. stiff ride.Engine Noise. i bought it for all those reasons...its a sports car

Old 10-28-2005, 01:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bling is off the scale

Consumer Reports has to realize this is a truck/SUV not a porsche 911. WTF do they expect from this kind of vehicle... Maybe they are comparing to a FUV (feminine utility vehichle - e.g., Lexus RX330) which the H3 is not although a lot of people here say their wife drives the H3.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:12 AM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point

I really must say I hate when people judge something before they even try it. When you're shopping for a Dryer, clothes you try it out first? how about you do that with a hummer.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

Mike B is off the scale

You can bet that if the H3 had a Toyota or Honda badge they would have loved it.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:40 AM
Hummer Guru

Ipedog is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing about Consumer Reports is that they have no critera for emotion, that seat of the pants feeling.

I saw them testing sports cars recently. The BWM Z4, Porsche Boxter, Honda S2000, etc. What the heck does Consumer Reports think its doing comparing sports cars?

Let them report on durability, repair problems, fuel economy, cost of ownership, etc. These are all quantifiable. They do a good job on this. Things that are subjective they have no business reporting on. And one major pet peeve. If you don't have data to report on, dont make a report!
Old 10-28-2005, 11:07 AM
Hummer Expert

Aubs is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mike B:
You can bet that if the H3 had a Toyota or Honda badge they would have loved it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm willing to bet they will adore the FJ Cruiser, because it's a Toyota.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

evomind is an unknown quantity at this point

they wernt too keen on the lotus elise....i think they kinda missed the point of the car...like the h3, its not for everybody
Old 10-28-2005, 12:02 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

Imagine if Consumer Reports evaluated our Presidential candidates.

We'd end up with a bland, uncharismatic, indecisive, ineffective, uninspiring president ..... hmm, wait a minute...

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 10-28-2005, 02:16 PM

Kid Shyleen is off the scale

Easy there 4openia, we could have had a president that would have made Hummers a neat historical fact. Or, that would have made the Off Road package on our Hummers unnecessary all together. Things aren’t perfect…that’s why I bought a Hummer - now they are!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:24 PM

4ophenia is off the scale

True. Just some light hearted presidential fun.

And you're right ... things are much better with a Hummer.

Let's not forget to thank Arnold for his help in popularizing the Hummer.

Repressed as a child, but no more ....
Old 10-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jkH1+H2=H3:
I hate consumer reports. Yea, I would say what they are saying is true. But so what!! They never give credit where credit is due.

To All the other stuff, I don't care!!! I luv my H3 period. Its truly like nothing else. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree on your comments. I have read, re-read everything else, I just thought I would see what they thought. Normally I use reviews other than Consumer Reports when purchasing anything!

I like the H3 because of everything you state! It is different and that is great!

Bill
Old 10-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by 4ophenia:
Imagine if Consumer Reports evaluated our Presidential candidates.

We'd end up with a bland, uncharismatic, indecisive, ineffective, uninspiring president ..... hmm, wait a minute...

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must either be talking about Gore or Kerry then!

Bill
Old 10-28-2005, 10:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DDWH:
LOWS |
Acceleration --> It’s an SUV not a Porsche, Add a supercharger.
Fuel economy --> Just as good and better than some in mid-size SUV class.
Access --> Kids and I ran through all access passages with ease. I guess if your 7 foot tall and weigh 400 pounds it could be an issue.
Visibility --> Whatever, depends on how stoned you are. Better visibility than my wife’s Audi A6 quattro in the blind spots. Granted there is a rear view blind spot.
Ride --> Plush, stable, and very secure feeling like a tank! Above 85 see acceleration
Heavy tailgate --> Take the damn spare off you pzy, my 9 year old daughter opened it with ease.
Emergency handling --> Roof rail airbags biotch, it’s a SUV not an Audi.

Consumer Reports is pretty much a circle jerk as far as I am concerned. I have purchased alot of things they have slammed and never had any issues, etc. that they claim....sometimes I wonder whose payroll they are on.

Try http://www.edmunds.com and look into buyers opinions as well as here for a true pulse of whats going on with the H3.

Go do some test drives and form your own conclusions!

None of my opinions are pointed at you BigBill, they are at consumer reports, don't want you to feel like this was an attack against you. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense taken. I completely agree with you. Edmunds is a great site as well as just plain old physical testing. I am 6'7 and 228 lbs. and do need a larger vehicle, but I think the H3 is big enough for me. I know that it is not a Porsche, but I do occasionally drive in Colorado and know that some of the highway grades do warrant a more powerful engine.