Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Stupid Cop

The first ride-along I did sucked. The officer was reactive, not-proactive. He just sat around waiting for a call, not really making himself visible.

My third ride-along was the best. It was set up by my Trooper friend. I rode with a buddy of his on the Portsmouth PD. AWESOME!!!

Right out of the box we went to a place called "Hell's Kitchen" by way of curb hopping, driving through the basketball courts, etc. Got there just in time for a Narc bust. The officer told me to watch my back if I got out since I was wearing a tie and jacket. I got out, but kept looking around.

Then we had the bottle winged at us.

Later we hit another ghetto and damn if he didn't go chasing some other thug.

Again, none of this happened at the Beach. I doubt "Cops" will ever come here again. Did you see that episode? Boring....

Had the unfortunate chance to see this the day after Thanksgiving:
http://content.hamptonroads.com/stor...932&ran=242759
Quote:
State trooper hit, killed by driver on U.S. 58 near Emporia

Robert A. Hill Sr.

By LINDA MCNATT AND STEVE STONE, The Virginian-Pilot
? November 25, 2006 | Last updated 12:36 PM Nov. 27

SOUTHAMPTON - A State Police trooper was struck by a passing car and killed Friday as he stood on the side of U.S. 58 after issuing a summons to a motorist.
Robert A. Hill Sr., 42, of Courtland, was outside of his unmarked patrol car near Adams Grove, about six miles east of Emporia, said State Police spokesman Sgt. D.S. Carr.
Hill had served nearly 20 years with the State Police.
"This incredible tragedy is not only impacting the members of our department, but those within the Franklin and Southampton communities," said Col. W. Steven Flaherty, superintendent of the State Police.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
The fact that they are law enforcement officers is irrelevant.
Again, I disagree. And I think that is where the rub is here and with most.

LEO's are just civis doing another job, correct. But they answer to and are the enforcement of the law of the land. As an extension of that law, when you disrespect an officer, you disrespect that law. You cannot conveniently separate the two just because there are some bad apples that don't handle their responsibility as a LEO very well.

The fact that an LEO is stopped on the side of the road with in a traffic enforcement situation might seem like any other job. But the fact is that he might need to evade some delusional lunatic and take a step out into traffic to keep from getting sliced, or shot. The fact that he is a LEO is completely relevant.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
What you should've done was type that in bold. Maybe some pictures as well?

Thanks Dei, I'll keep that in mind next time.

Old 12-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't find a pic of Frog flipping off Sheriff Buford T. Justice.
Attached Images

Old 12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

Since we are talking about cops... I thought we could all take some time to enjoy these classics.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cop/1/0F155674-EE59...D37-3E92A2B64E7A.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/cop/1/4E5DC0A0-19B8...104-F0E639576A13.htm
Old 12-19-2006, 06:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

JetEyeNite is off the scale

Oh my gosh? what have I done???
Don?t get me wrong. I do respect the police officers. I was pissed off because he did not set up the flares and did not have the police car blocking the road. All he was doing was putting 3 orange cones. Like I said before, it was dark and that cones were not visible.
I was not speeding at all either; I generally don?t drive fast. I stopped at the light, and tried to make a left turn, then I saw the orange cones. So, I stopped again and try to turn around and this is when the police officer yelled and cursed.
All I am saying here is that he should have setup the flares 1st so that the general public could see that the road was closed.
I did not flip him off. All I told him was that he should have setup the flares 1st instead of yelling and cursing.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Steve - SanJose

I lost interest halfway through this thread...
Old 12-19-2006, 06:12 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0313H3
I would take for granted then, that she is a professional and takes her duties and oath seriously "to protect and uphold the Constitution of the United States".

If she developed an "attitude" about dealing with someone who might flip her off, (the part you seem concerned about) maybe that is a consequence of her everyday circumstances. How bout cutting her some slack?

I have lost almost a friend a year at work, and take sh*t from bad guys everyday that I work. I have been told how I should do my job almost everyday by the public. I must be a moron, except that I have been promoted by my agency to supervise other cops.

It is easy to sit back and point out the failings of others, no one is judged with hindsight like police. Yes, I am now whining on the internet also.

Yes, you are whining on the internet.

Who are you to give me advise on how to deal with my sister. "Cut her some slack"? What? Do you know anything about her?

Do you remember that you took the paid job as police officer - voluntarily? You are not "owed" anything by the public. If you don't like your job or require reverence for your position, then quit and pursue another profession.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:16 PM
Banned

Quote:

Who are you to give me advise on how to deal with my sister. "Cut her some slack"? What? Do you know anything about her?

Do you remember that you took the paid job as police officer - voluntarily? You are not "owed" anything by the public. If you don't like your job or require reverence for your position, then quit and pursue another profession.

Springs police officer killed during traffic stop

By ANSLEE WILLETT THE GAZETTE

A Colorado Springs patrol officer shot while helping two other cops with a traffic stop late Monday on the city's southeast side died early today.

The officer, whose name is expected to be released later today, was pronounced dead at 12:18 a.m. at Memorial Hospital. He's the second city police officer killed this year in the line of duty.

The alleged killer also was shot during the gun battle about 11:30 p.m. Monday on Fountain Boulevard between Murray Boulevard and Jet Wing Drive. He was taken to the hospital in critical condition and is expected to survive, police said. His name has not been released.

The second officer

wasn't wounded. A third officer was in a patrol car at the scene when the shooting occurred.

The officer who was killed was providing backup for the cop who pulled the car over at 11:14 p.m. on the bridge that crosses Sand Creek. The driver was believed to be driving under the influence of alcohol, but it wasn't clear if that was suspected before or after the traffic stop, said Sgt. Mark Stevens, a spokesman for the Police Department.

"Normally, if an officer does a traffic stop, he talks to the driver," Stevens said, "and if he feels he needs assistance, he will call for help."

When two of the officers approached the car in the westbound lanes, the driver opened fire on them, Stevens said. The officer who was fatally wounded was near the driver's door when he was shot.

Hours after the shooting, about a dozen police cars remained at the scene. At least nine orange cones near the alleged killer's car marked evidence, including shell casings. Police slowly walked up and down the westbound and eastbound lanes, using flashlights to look for more evidence.

"It's just sad. Two in one year," Lt. Rafael Cintron said, referring to how many officers have been killed.

Officer Jared Jensen, 30, was killed Feb. 22 near Memorial Park while trying to arrest a fugitive. He was shot once in the face from less than an inch away at a bus bench at Costilla Street and Hancock Avenue. His gun wasn't drawn.

Jensen's alleged killer, 31-year-old Jereme Lamberth, was charged with first-degree murder. Federal agents found Lamberth hiding in an abandoned cabin near South Nevada Avenue and Interstate 25 about 90 minutes after the shooting.

Lamberth was wanted at the time for allegedly stabbing his sister about a dozen times.

Lamberth was expected last month to enter his plea in Jensen's killing, but it was postponed until Jan. 25. Prosecutors will have 60 days from the arraignment to announce whether they'll seek the death penalty.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:

On behalf of the rest of the American Public, I don't support your sentiment.

You're right, the public doesn't "owe" him or any other LEO anything, but they deserve more.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

jdrew is on a distinguished road

Can anyone tell me what the part number for the muffler bearing is?

H.O.P.E. Member
Old 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrew
Can anyone tell me what the part number for the muffler bearing is?

OFF-TOPIC !!
Old 12-19-2006, 06:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

jdrew is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
OFF-TOPIC !!

ya think?

H.O.P.E. Member
Old 12-19-2006, 06:22 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAGON
As an extension of that law, when you disrespect an officer, you disrespect that law.

No way, never. I am not required to respect the law. I am only required to obey it. There is a huge difference. Likewise, I am not required to respect any officer, only obey him so far as he acts within his legal authority. If I can flip off an everyday Joe for driving like and idiot, I can flip off a police officer for doing the same. They can earn my respect, and they will get it. But it is NOT something that anyone can demand, just based on a voluntary decision to take a paid civil service job.

Quote:
The fact that an LEO is stopped on the side of the road with in a traffic enforcement situation might seem like any other job. But the fact is that he might need to evade some delusional lunatic and take a step out into traffic to keep from getting sliced, or shot.

The fact that he is a LEO is completely relevant.

No, it's not. Your argument, like many others', presupposes that the police officer does not make a voluntary choice to choose his employment and the associated risks. Killing an "civilian" is no different than killing a police officer. Both are equal.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
You're right, the public doesn't "owe" him or any other LEO anything, but they deserve more.

You'll need to define "deserve". What do they deserve?
Old 12-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrew
ya think?

Not very often.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

CO Hummer,

It is obvious I will not succeed in swaying your opinions at all.

I was simply trying to defend my occupation and those that practice law enforcement. I don't know your sister, I assumed she is professional, (as I would with all cops until they show me otherwise) if you took my meaning wrong, I'm sorry.

Cops are not perfect they just do the best they can with what they have, they make mistakes like everybody else. They are held to the highest standards. If in trouble, they will pay a higher price.

I love my job and try to be laid back in my approach with the public. Respect is a two way street. If you give it you get it. It doesn't always work, but I always try.

Old 12-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0313H3
CO Hummer,

It is obvious I will not succeed in swaying your opinions at all.

I was simply trying to defend my occupation and those that practice law enforcement. I don't know your sister, I assumed she is professional, (as I would with all cops until they show me otherwise) if you took my meaning wrong, I'm sorry.

Cops are not perfect they just do the best they can with what they have, they make mistakes like everybody else. They are held to the highest standards. If in trouble, they will pay a higher price.

I love my job and try to be laid back in my approach with the public. Respect is a two way street. If you give it you get it. It doesn't always work, but I always try.

You are correct, you'll not sway my opinions.

But if you think my opinion of law officers is that they are all bad, corrupt, or act illegally, then you are dead wrong. I believe a number of them take the position with an intent of doing good for the public, not just to make living. I tip my hat to those guys, and you are possibly one of them. The majority of police officers take the position because they simply like doing the work, love the commaradere, and make a decent living. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that either. You don't have to have an inherent love for the public to simply do the job, accept the risks, and get paid.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
No way, never. I am not required to respect the law. I am only required to obey it. There is a huge difference. Likewise, I am not required to respect any officer, only obey him so far as he acts within his legal authority. If I can flip off an everyday Joe for driving like and idiot, I can flip off a police officer for doing the same. They can earn my respect, and they will get it. But it is NOT something that anyone can demand, just based on a voluntary decision to take a paid civil service job.
respect and obey, is the same thing. To disrespect law is the same as to ignore it. I am not saying that's what you meant, but that is what I meant when I say respect.

To respect a LEO and the Law has nothing to do with the individual officer. It is your duty as a citizen to abide by the laws of the land and respect those laws as you are required to do to live within that land.

You are, indeed, required to respect law. If you do not, you pay the price with your freedom. The definition of respect as used here is not to hold a person in regard, but the acknowledgement of that that exists... the law.

I'm not sure why you have such disdain for civil service. You turn the fact that someone that volunteers for crappy pay on job where they are highly likely to get killed by the scum of our society would be somehow less than the same if said person was forced into that same job.

The very fact that these individual DO volunteer to do this should garner a little respect and I can't fathom why it's such a stretch to do so.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
You'll need to define "deserve". What do they deserve?
look it up... I would think you meant to ask to define "more"