H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H4 Discussion Forums > General H4 Discussion

Old 01-16-2008, 06:34 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale
Default Re: HX Opinions

Man O Man O Man!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope they build this rig. It is better than I tried to imagine. It looks like my H2 is just going to stay in the show status for a long while yet. I would love to have this rig to run around in and most likely then be into off-road mode. It would be nice to get completely well by the time it is sold so i could go to MOAB with the gang in one.

tower I still hope to get better so I can at least fly out and ride with You this year or next anyway before the Hx comes out. Be nice to ride and learn things before i drove an Hx out there.

Well GM please build this puppy close as possible and get the show on the road soon to have it on the market. I had read as some mentioned that GM plans to kick the Wrangler hard in the butt so as to take big market away. If GM does it right no short cuts it would make HUMMER owners proud as anything.

I like the green photoshop so I would own a sharp color like that. I'm so use to the custom paint I just like the pop in the paint that would just be another way to out do the Wrangler. Even if it gets scuffed up a little you can buff it out. This rig would be bought to have fun in.

Show me where there line is starting I want one.

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 01-27-2008, 02:58 AM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

What are everybody else thoughts about the HX's suspension?

Do you think the H4 will retain the HX's fully independent design?

IMO I won't be surprised to see this rig (H4) come from the factory with a solid rear axle and IFS (cost and ability). I hope they learned lessons from the H3, and overbuild that IFS.

If they do run the full independent, I hope they overbuild that also.

I love the design, but I am worried about the strength of that kind of system for a real world wheeler.

The H1 has proven it's system capable in the real world with it's fully indepedent design, but it sure aint cheap (geared hubs). I don't think Hummer can make any money building something like that at the Wranglers price point.

They really would have to pull a rabbit out of their hat.

Old 01-27-2008, 05:07 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree. I think it will be solid rear with independent front. The coilovers will most likely be gone also. Hopefully they keep coils in the back though and don't go back to leafs.

The HX is a concept. I don't expect to see half that stuff in the production HX/H4.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Hummer Professional

lance-n is off the scale

I believe you are probably right, Sewie.
Here's a concept: build some level of stripped-down production model at the wrangler price point, but allow for interchangeable factory-produced upgrade options so the more serious and affluent off road enthusiast can upgrade with the options they really want, while still retaining a full factory warranty and a 100% hummer vehicle.
I know it would be very expensive for hummer to do this, but they literally could change anything they want for those upgrades because the hardcore hummer enthusiasts would buy them. Also, as previously mentioned, any hummer owner would be proud of that product, so it would have to help the brand recognition.
If the price point is say 25k and the fully loaded absolutely everything like the concept is like say 45k, then the extreme offroad upgrade package (like the concept and maybe even additional options) would have a cost of say 20k.
I don't know what the total number of hummer enthusiasts worldwide is, but my wild guess says it has to be greater than 10,000.
That is 10,000 x $20,000 = $200 million dollars in additional revenue and the net has to be able to cover the additonal r&d and production of the extreme offroad package.
I don't claim to be an expert, and I could be totally off on the numbers, but simple math says this would be a viable option.
Maybe a good source to verify this estimation would be to get the total number of H3's purchased with the adventure package. Anyone know?

What do you think?

1995 White mint OJ mobile (full size Ford Bronco) - sold

2007 Silver Nissan Armada - wifemobile
2005 42' Tiara Sportfisher - Tournament Rigged and 40 knots!
Old 03-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Hummer Authority

RuggedH2 is on a distinguished road

I heard a rumor (came out after the H2 demise topic) that the H4 program has been suspended (either temporarily or otherwise).

The market conditions are questionable for another generally low mileage vehicle.

Detroit is looking at building more econo-boxes......
No personality, no style, no ability.....that kinda thing.

All they have to do is look at the Wrangler sales.....they can't build those fast enough. It's damn near the only Crappler product that is selling.

Old 03-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i ****ing want one so bad!
Old 03-21-2008, 08:48 AM
Hummer Authority

I would buy one ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Finally have a daily driver that I would not have to change much to just hit the mud on weekends or load up to go hunting or fishing. I would not have to some day take my H2 contest show machine of the circuit.

Please do not stop the HX program GM if you have any brains left at all!!!!!

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 04-09-2008, 12:18 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Its kind of small. However its unique and follows the Hummer downsizing trend...
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 04-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ
I would buy one ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

X2

I'd buy the first one to hit the showroom, modify it and then run out to conquer all of my previous trails. I might even sell the 2 and buy a 3500 Duramax p/u to go with it.
Attached Images

Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 AM
Hummer Authority

DRTY I would not sell H2, you no how much I have put in it and what I owe sponsors. Well, Dragon would hang me in the shop in a cage so the guys could just throw stuff at me. They all have had ideas used and feel a little like it is part theirs.

I have a truck for work condition but, WE are dead on about modify HX and then would begin my first true commitment to off-roading.

HX would be just small enough and light enough to haul it all the way to Moab or west coast to east coast. This does not by any means leave out north or south and even Canada if they would even let me in.

TAZ
Old 04-20-2008, 02:28 AM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think that if they were to mass produce that exact concept, then it would probably sell for $65k or more. And GM would sell a few but not a lot. I would probably be one of the.

Of course it will be scaled back, in order to compete with the wrangler market, but I really hope they keep:

1. All of the removable body parts, such as the doors, roof, hatch back and slant back.

2. The basic overall design and look. There are certainly a lot of "lines" in the concept. Hopefully most of them will stay.

3. Front and rear factory locker option. I doubt every model will have it, but I hope they have an option for it.

I'm sure their is more, but that is it for now. Hopefully they won't weaken it to be able to mass produce it.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

I bet they keep the four wheel independant susp. Geared hubs will be the question mark. Without them, it will be tough to get the clearance, credability, & traction needed to really blow the Rubicon away. With them, the on road characterisitics would be hurt and we all know that like wranglers 90% of buyers wont take them off road and would whine about ride quality.