H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

Oh and by the way - they say that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gorton:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
In the center console with the other junk. I keep a couple hundred in there also for emergencies. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your in Denver, correct? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What was your first clue "Mile High City"?

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-18-2005, 12:18 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy C H2 hasbeen:
Oh and by the way - they say that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL, have to remember that one

Old 08-18-2005, 12:34 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andy C H2 hasbeen:
Oh and by the way - they say that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And a Scotsman invented a cure for seasickness. He leaned over the side of a boat with a dime in his mouth.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:35 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Oh and by the way - they say that copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>And a Scotsman invented a cure for seasickness. He leaned over the side of a boat with a dime in his mouth. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And it hit him on the back of the head as it went over the side.
Old 08-18-2005, 12:40 AM

Mr. Jeep is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Z:
There's this thing,--Behind the shifter--that opens up--The console! Last time I emptied mine, scored twenty plus bucks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering when that was going to come up!! Maybe he/she is looking for something that's nice and tight, that fits just right. Maybe we shouldn't go there?

y\'all are fools
Old 08-18-2005, 12:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Andy C is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. Desert Fox:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Big Z:
There's this thing,--Behind the shifter--that opens up--The console! Last time I emptied mine, scored twenty plus bucks! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was wondering when that was going to come up!! Maybe he/she is looking for something that's nice and tight, that fits just right. Maybe we shouldn't go there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just remember - you started this downward spiral.
Old 08-18-2005, 01:01 AM

Mr. Jeep is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mrs. Desert Fox:

I was wondering when that was going to come up!! Maybe he/she is looking for something that's nice and tight, that fits just right. Maybe we shouldn't go there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just remember - you started this downward spiral. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And I'll take full credit for my obnoxious actions! Hehe!!

y\'all are fools
Old 08-18-2005, 05:24 AM

ChuckE is off the scale

I got one of those spring-type holders, the one with the 3 spring loaded stacks; for dimes, quarters, and nickels. Then I put some velcro (the "hooks" and "loops" tape) on the underside, with the matching side on an area of my dash.

The area I selected is just to the right of the center console. So the coin holder is there, and convenient, and if I have to remove it - to remove from sight, or just to take it to the money swilling meter, I can just pull it off. Then stick it back when I want.
Old 08-18-2005, 06:22 AM

RAM H2 RYDER is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChuckE:
I got one of those spring-type holders, the one with the 3 spring loaded stacks; for dimes, quarters, and nickels. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same type of dispenser, but mine came out of a 1999 Tahoe console, it fits it the H2 console like a factory option. Interestingly enough the console was designed to accept something like this because it has 2 splines to accept it. I'm sure they were meant for something else but they work pretty good for this. I did have to put a wedge behind it for a tight fit though.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

I take my pocket change at the end of the day and drop it in a jar. I put away about $1 a day, that's just $7 a week. At the end of the month, I'll have about $30.
Since this is money in my pocket, I've already paid taxes on it in the form of withholding from a paycheck. (If you're self-employed, that's not true, but we'll ignore that to keep things simple.) Every month, I deposit my savings in a Roth IRA account, where it can grow tax-free and - more importantly- it can be withdrawn tax-free in the future.

Growing tax-free for 30 years, with a 10% annual return, my investment account will be worth $67,815. (Stocks overall have returned an average of more than 10% a year since 1926, so buying a broad-based stock index fund the Vanguard Total Market Index Fund (VTSMX) is the easiest way to capture that kind of growth.)

http://www.forbes.com/funds/Tearsheet.jhtml?tkr=VTSMX

Old 08-18-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I have a similar strategy. Mine ends up on the floorboard. My daughter collects it from there to store in her talking bank that tallies and let's you know how close you are to your set goal.

Upon reaching the set goal, she then takes the money out, rolls the coins, we take her to the bank where she exchanges the rolled coins for bills and she goes and buys crap like Barbie's Pegasus Styling Head.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Fastest H-Town Realtor is off the scale

I talked the saleslady to snag a coinbox out of the Escalade. It fits right inside the center console mounting tabs.

Have-08 Titan C/C,06 GCSRT-425FTLB & AWD, other junk..
Want-08 Viper, 06 M5
Old 08-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Veteran

blksunblkmoon is off the scale

Like a few others have done, I grabbed my coin holder out of my 99 tahoe (about a $20 part from the dealer).

It fits on the splines inside the console on the left side.

I also used some velcro for reinforcement and works like a charm.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:02 PM

ChuckE is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
... Since this is money in my pocket,
Every month, I deposit my savings in a Roth IRA account, ... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Girls have pockets?
I wish I could invest my unneeded change too, but I just lost my job yesterday.

Oh well, I wanted to get a business going for myself anyway.
Old 08-18-2005, 10:09 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by h2co-pilot:
I take my pocket change at the end of the day and drop it in a jar. I put away about $1 a day, that's just $7 a week. At the end of the month, I'll have about $30.
Since this is money in my pocket, I've already paid taxes on it in the form of withholding from a paycheck. (If you're self-employed, that's not true, but we'll ignore that to keep things simple.) Every month, I deposit my savings in a Roth IRA account, where it can grow tax-free and - more importantly- it can be withdrawn tax-free in the future.

Growing tax-free for 30 years, with a 10% annual return, my investment account will be worth $67,815. (Stocks overall have returned an average of more than 10% a year since 1926, so buying a broad-based stock index fund the Vanguard Total Market Index Fund (VTSMX) is the easiest way to capture that kind of growth.)

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>What's the account number, again?
Old 08-18-2005, 10:21 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>What's the account number, again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BUSTED

Old 08-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChuckE:
I wish I could invest my unneeded change too, but I just lost my job yesterday.

Oh well, I wanted to get a business going for myself anyway. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to hear that Chuck. What type of business are you thinking of starting?

Old 08-18-2005, 10:39 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>What's the account number, again? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BUSTED </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seriously, did anyone actually believe that I do that? I'm not old enough for a Roth IRA anyway, I don't think. I don't get a paycheck, and all my change goes to the bottom of my purses. Then I dump it into the valet on the counter when I switch them. I do have a pretty good sum in a retirement acct., of my own earnings and profit sharing from previous employment, invested in a mutual fund (UBS) so GFYs.