H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2005 H2 Tricked out online

Not a bad price for a 550 HP H2. Saw this online today. It's at Fast Lane Classic Cars. You really think there's 150K invested in this?

2005 Hummer H2 Sport Utility Truck

Price$32,995ColorWhiteVin5GRGN22U55H107595Miles Odometer Reading: 123,014Restoration TypeRestorationOriginalEngineV8 6.0 Liter Vortec Procharger & IntercooledTransmission4 Speed AutomaticRear End4.10 Rear Axle RatioInteriorBuckets/ConsoleInterior ColorEbonyInterior MaterialLeatherInterior RestorationOriginalWheels/TiresMotive 20in Chrome Wheels, 40in Dick Cepek Tires Books/DocsOriginal Window Sticker & Owners ManualOptions
  • Tow Package
  • Power Windows
  • Air Conditioning
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Tilt
  • Power Steering
  • Rear Window Defogger
  • Power Seats
  • Power Sun/Moonroof
  • Power Mirror
  • CD Player
  • Power Locks
  • 4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes

Call Us! (636) 940-9969

6.0 Liter Vortec Pro-Charger & Intercooled V8 (Approx. 550 HP), 4 Speed Automatic Transmission (Performance Built), 4.10 Rear Axle Ratio, 4 Wheel Drive, Only Approx. 30,xxx Miles on New Engine and Perf. Trans, P. Steering, P. 4 Wheel Disc Brakes, P. Sunroof, P. Heated Mirrors, P. Windows, P. Locks, P. Rear Window, Dual P. Heated Seats w/ Memory Package, Tilt, Cruise Control, Heated 2nd Row Seats, Bose AM/FM/CD/DVD Navigation, Roof & Headrest Mounted DVD’s, Shorty Headers, Pro Charger, Intercooler, Prof. Installed & Dyno Tested, Remote Key-Less Entry, Chrome Package, Trailer Convenience Package, 1SC Lux Series, Push Guard, Roof Rack, Nerf Bars, Skid Plate, 6in Lift w/ Extreme Travel Gas Shocks w/ External Reservoirs, Rear Window Defogger, Dual Zone A.C. w/ Auto. Temp. Control, Motive 20in Chrome Wheels, 40in Dick Cepek Tires w/ Matching Spare, Receipts for Upgrades & Work Performed, Original Window Sticker & Owners Manual, Approx 150K Invested in this Bad Boy Hummer!!

Last edited by HummerJim : 02-23-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2005 H2 Tricked out online

40 inch tires and a crap load of money dropped in to this H2, and they cant even put 4'56s or 4'88 gears in it?

this has to eat drive gears and pitman idler arms

im not seeing $150k in this.... if so.... there is a very happy mechanic out there somewhere.

maybe about $50k to 70k.. thats parts and labor.

not liek this is a supercharged Duramax.

honestly, i see alot of stuff listed that is stock on a Lux H2. i dont see anythign about important stuff that money should have been spent on.
beefed up suspension, electric cooling fan coversion... you know.. the basics.

i think it is a good price @ $33k for it, but there might be better deals out there with money spent in the right places instead of in the places that you can only see like this one.

Last edited by Hellz : 02-23-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

Xotik H3 is on a distinguished road

I could not imagine they have that much in it... but if you buy it you may be able to add the rest.

123,000 miles on a transmission that was not build for 550HP, on an engine that was not built to handle boost, a transfer case, front end and rear end... you get the picture.

Looks cool though.
Old 02-24-2010, 06:27 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

You can find my custom build in pics section still I think. My rig has been painted 3 times with interior work out the wazoo. Including rig purchase and all sponsored stuff including labor Dragon may have put 150K just because of 3 total custom jobs maybe more. We do not count allot of stuff. My center console has a 12" touchscreen with all factory audio etc. removed taken over by a real fast P4 mini custom built. My dvd ejects from the front of my console lid. My 2005 has had 4 Hummer not aftermarket captain seats since 2007. My rig is custom custom custom including sub inclosures and so forth.

I guess what I'm trying to say is with his milage I would not ever consider paying what this guy is asking. My rig has only 15,000 miles with 550HP Magnusen supercharger which I would use no other. I have functioning reverse cowl hood scoop that was 3rd one ever installed from sponsor that I am aware of. I would line my rig up with only 6lbs. of boost and run most gas burning rigs with 4:10 gears like mine. I do custom tune with equip. sponsored by HPTUNERS.com. They furnish tune for superchips as well as their racing team. I have few others up my sleave. My next goal is to 750HP with more boost custom pulley from NelsonPerformance.com in San Antonio.

I just want to get all to be careful what you are looking at to buy. What would my rig be worth if it could be bought? Seriously? It depends from perspective you look at it from. Most of the old hat guys that moderate or just watch because they have given the same advice so much they back of and let younger guys step know what I have been doing probabily Orange and KenP as much as any. Just be careful because I have seen some ebay stuff put up and just finanly wanted to say something to the newer BUDDIES on here.

Good Luck All,
TAZ

Oh, I was known for writing books back in the day so you can see I have not been on in a while so I'm back to old habits.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-24-2010, 06:58 AM
Hummer Authority

Just a correction I have worked with Hummers eng. on my program for power all the way through power train and engine is fine with primary upgrade is adding the newer heads from a vette LATER after 550HP, it needs more air flow ability. The bottom is in their words bullet proof it was built to run in 3/4 and 1 ton 4x4 trucks and dually's pulling heavier loads rather loads not factory approved. The new tranny in 2005 came out with 5 planetary gears instead of 4 with a hardened carrier. There are some external tricks to also do to make tranny handle 550HP and some enternal like chromed input shaft to go ahead and help it be ready. The front and rear diff you have to be kidding. They were put on the H2 for a reason off-road extreme use. Depending on size of tires etc. you will need to change gear ratio. Some of this is common sense I'm repeating I know but, some do not know it. On tranny when I blow up tranny with simple mods going to my 750HP I have custom tranny picked out to take me to 1000HP which will include more simple air and fuel increases of course. That is basic for nitro dragsters whatever is it requires increased fuel and air same with plugging a hand held tuner you buy and plug into your Hummer. It adjusts timing etc. to get you more fuel and air as well as tranny shift firming up. Guys if you do nothing to your rigs with a tuner but, set tire size and firm that tranny really up it has paid for itself.

TAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xotik H3
I could not imagine they have that much in it... but if you buy it you may be able to add the rest.

123,000 miles on a transmission that was not build for 550HP, on an engine that was not built to handle boost, a transfer case, front end and rear end... you get the picture.

Looks cool though.
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM
Hummer Authority

We are very lucky on this site to have some people that have been with Hummer from the beginning and have done a lot to them. Their wisdom and advice keeps a lot of us from making expensive mistakes. When it comes to tricked out, I've always said, do what makes you happy. Not what the wife will tolerate, your friends might like, or you think they'll like. If you do what you like, you are going to be much happier.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:37 PM
Hummer Expert

ROUSHDEMON is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
We are very lucky on this site to have some people that have been with Hummer from the beginning and have done a lot to them. Their wisdom and advice keeps a lot of us from making expensive mistakes. When it comes to tricked out, I've always said, do what makes you happy. Not what the wife will tolerate, your friends might like, or you think they'll like. If you do what you like, you are going to be much happier.

20x12 black Rockstars & 35"s. missed.
2005 Black Mustang Roush Stage 1 #05-1058:
Showcar, Procharged 580HP, 20" Gianelle's, Prokit, 1/8 in 7.56secs.
2009 Silver Cadillac CTS Premium
White interior, lots of future mods.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Hummer Authority

Guys personally I'm appreciative of those who ask for help but, what really got me to back off was 2 things. 1) I would take time to really spend time to steer someone the right way but, then advice just ignored. 2) Many young guns not even owning a Hummer shooting down the advice on a post that had been tried several ways and we share the right one. Well even some 200 300 post new owners would shoot us down.

Man when I joined you got initiated when you joined by the old hats. It was hell and you learned when to give your advice and how to do it. If you were lucky like me I had a couple of the members take me under arm and guide me through to earn my stripes to participate. I honestly miss those days and all the troll patrols we sent DRTYFN out on all the time. Man there were 2 or 3 guys on here that could track anyone and anything down. You newer guys just do not know what you missed. I could not wait to get online everyday to see what had happened to someone that they shared for the rest of us to not make mistake even if I may get my head handed to me. So many guys gone from here now it is sad. We still have KenP, DRYT sometimes, Dennis gone, Orange, and Dragon near by. Dragon has had my H2 literal 4 times stripped down. No joke we have a big room with shelves to hold parts as it is torn down. Dragon had our H2 dealer calling me or him about stuff and our dealer I would rate as 5A service. They knew we had been down to completely removing all guts of in side of the doors that kind of stuff. My H2 is down like it is every winter to upgrade but, the main thing is striping it for media blast so we can finally make body perfectly smooth like glass. Dragon backed off because he would answer mostly audio/video and some tuning stuff which on all he would go into detail. The person would just ignore advice. He was trained by one of the best schools in midwest and was begged to stay on to teach. He is a perfectionist and projects back up just a very little. He tells people like the sign most have seen about being patient I will take the special time with you as I'm doing with this customer.
I miss partsguy well so many more.

TAZ
Old 04-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Hummer Authority

Beautiful weekend weather here inspired me to look at the machinery at FL Classic Cars. I found the tricked out H2 they had sold in 12 days to a "Hummer Collector" in Bahrain. It included 104K in actual receipts for the custom work. I said I thought the shipping charges would be hefty on something like that - NOPE, he had the wheels taken off, fluids drained and flown over by air freight. Now I know where all the H2s are going!