H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 10-30-2006, 05:59 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road
Default SUNROOF PROBLEMS

Anyone else having a problem with the sunroof drip area holding water and coming into the interior? I am going back on the 1st of November to the dealer for the 3rd time on this and I want amo! We just had a hard rain with a front that came through and when I left the house water AGIAN was coming in. So like the Dumbass I am, I open the sunroof and got a free wash me and my seat and steering wheel. How is the water getting in there when the roof is closed?
Ugh!
Old 10-30-2006, 07:15 AM
Hummer Authority

westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: SUNROOF PROBLEMS

So far I been lucky and not had any problems with either of my H3's sunroofs.

Hope they take care of it and they get it fixed. Have they made sure the drain holes aren't blocked?
Old 10-30-2006, 06:42 PM
Steve - SanJose

Not experiencing any problems with factory sunroof on my H3. Is your sunroof aftermarket or factory?

S.
Old 10-30-2006, 06:59 PM
Hummer Authority

It is factory, and the two time before that I went in, I was told it was glog and the tubes are to small. I think that is a BS answer.
How are the tubes getting glog?
My bigger question is how the heck is the water getting in there to start with if the sunroof is closed?
I just poured a cup of water in there to see what would happen, the holes were not draining. So I went over to Amoco and used there air and blew it out. Came back home poured water again and now one side is draining outside and one on the passenger floor.
Ayne other ideas, I will take them all.
Thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 07:42 PM
Lex_Ordo

Post the Month and year of manufacture so we can get a better idea of the time frame the factory built it. Could be a recall issue if there was a bad part assembled into the vehicle.

For example, 09/05 or 02/06, etc.

Located on the inside door jam of the Driver's side door.

My Factory Sunroof needed a new gasket put on because it was not sticking down, and a bubble had caused it to peel back a small amount, but that was it on mine. Built 03/06.
Old 10-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Hummer Authority

First off thanks for all of your replys.

Here is the date 08/05

Now what do I do?
Old 11-01-2006, 01:08 AM
Hummer Authority

I was also told that because I added a aftermarket air deflector, that this was causing the clogs?? Don't know how that would be it, but I took it off and now I am hoping it rains. To see if I still get the water leaks.
Old 11-01-2006, 01:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

GPan099 is on a distinguished road

I had the same problem w/ the air deflector and finally removed it. It seems that with the deflector, water that would normally pass down the front of the roof line gets trapped inside the deflector and overloads the drain tubes in the sunroof.

I also had problems with the tubes getting clogged with the deflector, as small debris gets caught by the deflector. I actually knocked the tube off the drain connection trying to clear a clog and had a MAJOR flood in the passenger area.

After the 3rd warranty service trip for the leak(s) the dealer replaced the carpeting.

The dealer also replaced the windshield once and re-sealed the roof marker lights 3X before the leaks were solved. (I hope - so far so good)

Lose the deflector and hopefully the problem will clear up.

Good luck.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Hummer Authority

You just exactly describe my problems... I take it that all has cleared up for you and How did you go about getting the dealer to replace the carpet??
If you ever get to FL, I am buying whatever you drink for you.
Old 11-01-2006, 02:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

GPan099 is on a distinguished road

When we brought it back for the 3rd time for them to fix, it poured overnight while the truck was outside and they saw for themselves how bad it was. My wife then drove the service manager crazy with phone calls (she's good at that) and told them we weren't taking the truck back unless it was changed.

I liked the look of the deflector, but realized that it was a major cause of the leaking problem.

I had one more leaking episode after that, much less water, that they said was coming in from the marker lights. They re-sealed them (again) and so far it has held up. We had some heavy rain in NY last weekend and the truck was dry.

What part of FL are you in?
Old 11-01-2006, 04:02 AM
Hummer Authority

I live in central FL, Beachside.
I am going for the carpet 2moro.. I am very lucky I take my H3 to a GMC dealer in Cocoa FL and I have never been treated so well. So I am hopefull they will get it done for me.
Thanks again.
Old 11-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Hummer Authority

Well it rain very hard and for a long time last night, got up this morning around 11am went to the H3 and the passenger side floor was soaked, Drove it to the dealer to show them and ask about new carpeting also. They agreed to keep it and replace all the padding and to replace the right side panel of the dash. They saw that is was discolored from the rain coming in.
I told tham about resealing the roof marker lights and that to will be on there agenda. I ask to have all the sunroof seals replaced.
Again, Thanks for the help.
Old 11-02-2006, 04:17 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Great news for you finally! It's great when another member had the same problem with a fix .. and then we can learn about the fix for our H3.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:34 AM
Hummer Authority

the dealer still has it, they are replacing the padding for now and making a note about the carpet. The service manager and writer want to make sure it is all dry before giving it back. They are odering a new seal for me, just to be on safe side. They also found that the drain tube was not on, couild have been the problem.
I feel as though they are doing the best they can for me. So I am hoping for the best when I get it back.
Old 11-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Hummer Veteran

FJD is an unknown quantity at this point

K9,

Don't know if this adds anything, but......http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=20246

I had a leaking problem with my sunroof too. Dealer found and fixed the problem and I have not had a problem since. I was getting water dripping down my back (cargo area) passenger side window, dripping out of the heradliner. Dealer said the drain tubes were not run properly. Apparently there are 4 drain tubes; one runs down the A-pillar (both sides) and one down the D-pillar (both sides). Dealer said one of mine on the back passenger side was not run properly and was draining inside of the truck. Sounds like maybe one of your front ones might be giving you problems, thus water on the floor.

Good luck !!

F
Old 11-03-2006, 07:27 PM
Hummer Authority

Thanks FJD!
I ask the dealer this morning about the D pillar and what you had said, He agreed that could also be clog and offered to keep it longer to check. I told him wait for the next rain and see. Plus being Friday I would rather have my H3 back for the weekend.
I am telling you, for a GMC dealer that did not sell me the H3, They go way out of thier way to help me. If any of you live in Central FL and don't like the servoce your getting ( here's my plug) go to Quality GMC in Cocoa FL.