H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

I am looking at buying some land (about 5 acres) and I would like to make it into an "O course" for trucks (kinda like a motocross track). I dont know how to go about insurance and all the paperwork for this but Im thinkin it would be a strong turnout seeing that there are a bunch of big trucks there with no place to play. Im planning a rock crawl corner, a mud bog pit, a hill or two and some more obstacles for big trucks to play on. What do yall think?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:29 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

I am looking at buying some land (about 5 acres) and I would like to make it into an "O course" for trucks (kinda like a motocross track). I dont know how to go about insurance and all the paperwork for this but Im thinkin it would be a strong turnout seeing that there are a bunch of big trucks there with no place to play. Im planning a rock crawl corner, a mud bog pit, a hill or two and some more obstacles for big trucks to play on. What do yall think?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

Good call. I wouldnt have any competition really though. Everyone who does go muddin tears their truck up or gets in trouble so my place would be safe and legal. Ordinances shouldnt be a problem though because it will be in the boonies somewhere. I think it would be fun to ty anyways. If it doesnt turn out well, i know ill always have a place to romp around!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Hummer Veteran

Frank2005 is off the scale

My son & I belong to a motocross track here on Long Island. It is about 7 acres. I would think that you would need at least double that. 5 acres definately sounds a bit small.

With that said, the idea sounds awesome. I wish LI had something like that! Good luck
Old 02-23-2006, 12:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

Oh really? I guess i dont really have any idea how big land really is in acres. Maybe ill be lookin at 10 acres then! thanks for the heads up!
Old 02-23-2006, 02:58 PM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

Insurance would be high! If your only looking at say once a month event, then a bond might not be too expensive.

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 02-23-2006, 03:00 PM
Hummer Authority

Boss Hoss is off the scale

I think its a great idea, especially since your only 45miles from me

There is a place north of Biloxi (www.redcreekoffroad.com) that perhaps you can get some ideas from. I would be willing to go with you scouting what they have to offer if youd like.

20in Kaotik NT-1s with 35x13.50Pro Comp Xtreme All terrain
Old 02-23-2006, 03:35 PM
mstams

I think Dick Kinzalow, who lives near me in Tennessee, has about 8,000 acres for off-roading Hummers...
Old 02-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

I own about 35 acres and feel it would still be tight to put an off raod trail course on it. The problem is that once everyone comes out and does the obstacles, they will get bored with it if it is small. But, 5 acres is better that 0 acres! Just go farther out to the boonies and get cheapr land and more acres.
Old 02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Hummer Authority

Alan06SUT is an unknown quantity at this point

As for the legal stuff, get a good lawyer to draft up a waiver form and make sure everyone including passengers who so much as breath on your land sign it and date it.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

Hell yah well get out there sometime. IS it still up and running (or is it running again)? Have you been there before? Id love to take my truck out there to play if its wide enough. Plus, like you said, I can get some good insight on how they went about the legalities. In a few weeks let me know if youve got some time and well make a road trip to do some playin!
Old 02-23-2006, 05:39 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Boss Hoss:
I think its a great idea, especially since your only 45miles from me

There is a place north of Biloxi (www.redcreekoffroad.com) that perhaps you can get some ideas from. I would be willing to go with you scouting what they have to offer if youd like. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Red creek off road got alot of damage from Katrina. We (Paragon) have been there its really a jeep place, we did a hummer happining there. I'm not sure how much land red creek is but i think its alot. They camp and the whole deal. They also had some house like thinks that you could rent, really nice. Lots of fun, I'd talk to the guy that owns it and see what he has to say. And he has some type of waiver that we had to sign. Might save you alot of work. Ask paragon about it.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

great! thanks for the info! would you say its a jeep place because of the width of the trails and stuff? so basically a hummer and an f250 wouldnt be the best fit out there?
Old 02-23-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

Mrs.ssippi is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bigolH2:
great! thanks for the info! would you say its a jeep place because of the width of the trails and stuff? so basically a hummer and an f250 wouldnt be the best fit out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would say its a redneck jeep place (sorry) because all we saw was jeeps. It's more mud, than anything. They have (had) RTI ramps and stuff. There is also trails for 4 wheelers and dirt bikes.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:10 PM

yodawagon is off the scale

i would think at least 30 acres would be needed. that way you could get a few trucks on there at a time, and offer alot of different obsticles. 1 acre has 43,560 square feet, to give you an idea. we own 2 1/2 acres at our place, and it looks big. but if you figure in turns, and hills, and some land scaping, it would look tiny.but great idea. also you might need a pretty hefty fence around it, so people couldnt get in there during closed hours.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

well that sucks. ive been to places like that with my jeep and theyre definately not made for trucks like ours!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

bigolH2 is off the scale

For sure, I thought about that problem already. I was thinking posting signs and placing a small fence with some good sturdy spikes to ruin some tires of tresspassers! That would teach them! Thanks though!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:43 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the idea, but you need to come further down this way. Swamp land is cheap you know

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 02-23-2006, 11:34 PM
Hummer Expert

Dug is off the scale

bigolh2- You might check into a national 4x4 association or something to get insurance for just special times of the year. My friend has a motor cross event at his farm once a year. He is a member of AMA/ American motorcycle association , and can buy insurance through them for the weekend event for $300. That could be a cheap option.