H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

ipeefreely is on a distinguished road
Default WTF...HUMMER HATER CONFRONTS ME TODAY

Sorry guys, this is going to be a pretty long post, so read only if you have time!!

First a little background...
I've been hooked onto this forum even before the day i bought my h2 (about 2 years ago). My hummy isn't all blinged out nor is it a complete monster truck. If anything, i think i left it almost completely stock with the exception of a SMA guard in front with projector headlights. Nothing too special.
And when i step out of the vehicle, i dont act or look cocky that i have an hummer. Hell, when i first meet people, its the last thing i'll ever talk about, because i like to keep to myself when it comes to my possessions. JUst my way of keeping humble with society.

But onto the story...

Every once in awhile i see a thread that's related to the FUH2 people out there who just hate our vehicles for whatever reason they have. I've never had a problem with hummer haters because usually they just go off and rant to their friends (who also think they're retarded) or make stupid websites and waste money to really show the world how much they hate the h2.

Then you also get people who insult you because your vehicle is too blingy or it's become more of a soccer mom suv instead of the real off-road monster it was built to be.

But for whatever reasons hummer haters hate on our vehicles, i've respected them because it's just their opinion and since they're here in America, i believe they have the freedom to express it. So long as it is deemed proper that is....

But today, everything changed for me...

I was going to go do some homework at the math lab at my college at around 4-5ish. As usual, i find a spot and park my car. I jump out, grab my backpack, shut the door... and the next you know ... when i turn around...this 6'2 caucasian male is standing RIGHT in front of me. And i mean right in front of me (i could tell he had something curry for lunch, thats just how close he was).

He glares at me like i just kicked his dog or something, and at this point, i'm kinda going to myself "is this a joke? am i on TV?? I know it's you Ashton kutcher."

Within seconds, this guy starts massively cussing at me RIGHT in front of my face while he's hitting me with these flyers that have the twin towers and the whole 9/11 picture printed on them.

By this time, i'm completely baffled as to what the hell is going on as all i can see is a bunch of flyers in my face and hearing him repeatedly saying ... "YOU THINK THAT'S FKING FUNNY???? HUH"
I had no idea what he was referring to, so i tell him "excuse me sir, i have no idea what you're saying, but you need to back off"

He continues to cuss in my face while shoving me back against someone else's car and yelling "YOU'RE DRIVING THAT VEHICLE. PEOPLE ARE FKING DYING MAN. AND YOU THINK IT'S FKING FUNNY".

By now i'm about to woop his ass but decided he might have a weapon or something or might do something horrible to my car, so i give the alternative approach another try and i tell him "sir i haven't laughed or even smiled once yet, and you need to calm down"

INstead of calming down, he gets even more mad and continues on to scream in my face about how much he hates the H2's and how it's a piece of Sh** that wastes so much gas and then once again telling me "YOU THINK IT'S FKING FUNNY?? PEOPLE ARE DYING MAN".

At this point i see him reaching into his coat, and i'm like "oooo SH**, this mofo is going to shoot me." So before he could pull out whatever the hell he had in his coat, i pulled my samsung phone out, dialed 911 (my phone has this huge display screen) and shoved it right into his face showing him that it was "dialing.."

Next thing i know this punk takes off while he's cussing at the same time.

Anyways, i ended not being able to do any homework as i jumped back in my car and just drove home mainly because i dont trust my car in a parking lot with maniacs like him around.

But after today, my impression of hummer haters is completely changed. Knowing i almost got into a fight over WHY i drive my car is ridiculous and i cant believe someone would pick a fight over such an issue to begin with. I understand how you could hate someone or even something (example: i hate mixing my choclate ice cream with my strawberry ice cream), but how do you hate someone because they're driving a h2, especially to such an extent where you're willing to threaten someone.

Man... alright i'm done. told you guys it's a long post =)

i'm done for today... long day, and now i feel like i can never go back to that parking lot with my car, sigh.

O yea, here's a picture of my baby which i will take a bullet for anyday (but hopefully i never will have to)

Any input would be cool, maybe you guys could share your hummer hater stories here...
Old 02-22-2007, 08:19 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: WTF...HUMMER HATER CONFRONTS ME TODAY

You should file a police report immediately. That guy is unstable and potentially dangerous. What will happen if he pulls the same sh*t on a female Hummer owner? I know what would have happened if he'd done that to me. He'd be eating soup through a straw in jail.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:22 AM
Hummer Veteran

ipeefreely is on a distinguished road

yeah, my next neighbor works for the police department in my city. I'm going to pay him a visit and let him know what happens. He'll probably decide whats the best choice of action from here.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:28 AM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
You should file a police report immediately. That guy is unstable and potentially dangerous. What will happen if he pulls the same sh*t on a female Hummer owner? I know what would have happened if he'd done that to me. He'd be eating soup through a straw in jail.
X2 Good God... That guy needs to get what's comming to him
Old 02-22-2007, 08:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely
yeah, my next neighbor works for the police department in my city. I'm going to pay him a visit and let him know what happens. He'll probably decide whats the best choice of action from here.
Ohhhh... I just noticed you're down in the Bay Area. Damn, the Land of the Cuckoos.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

Buy a throw away camera and keep it with you, I keep it in coat pocket. They make real small ones. Start taking pics. Now that is easier said than done with the dude you had. I'm 50 and had health issues but, still stout enough that he may have kicked my butt and my family may have been bonding me out of jail for the first time in my life. There are things I will turn the other check for as long as it is in reguards to my faith and belief or attacking me for that but, when someone wants to attack me for a car or where i live something, stupid I commend you on Your patience as he or i would have gotten hurt and most likely me unless I could have got to my equalizer the lasered Glock 40 S&W which I have a legal to carry conceal permit.

Most of the people I have talked to who have had this problem taking pics runs them off like you pulled a gun. But, it is hard to have camera handy all the time. So most likely I would have shamefully to say would have related back to the old street fighting days where first man down loses and driven either foot or knee to the gonads as about as hard as I could and then let the chips fall where they may.

Now DRTY do not get on me as You know My Profession of Faith and we have been Buds yet for first time You can see I'm realistic about facing the world in a way that requires a certain responce when called for in the right reasons. It is I just do not think You are to let anyone harm you or anyone around you for stupid reasons. I would at 50 pick up a sniper rifle and go to Iraq today if they said it would allow some young man with his life ahead of him stay home. I have hunted all my life and in the west Colorado canyons and up to 10,000 ft. where you may get a shot only as close as 400 to 600 yards. I have a 650 take home not luck lot's of practice in farm fields at home judging wind and understanding that you have to resite yiour weapon for higher altitudes, well call it being prepared for the situaion you may find. So thus my choice of position to serve my country as a dyed in the wool Hawk. I'm no pacifist and you do not negotiate with terrorist nor do you stop hunting people who want to die to just kill one American or none radical Muslem as I know from study and education that these other nuts are not quite following the main stream belief of true Muslem. My GI that saved my life and his bills were so big along with hospital it would have financially ruined me and he dropped his fee and got hospital to drop their bill. So I learned there are good and bad in any religion including my own. Plus it is one area I would not have to walk around allot either that or a .50 cal gunner on top of a truck anything to save a young mans life.

Sorry to get to far off your problem. But, felt the need to explain my stand on unprovoked attacks not having anything to do with My Faith that many here know i profess and do my best to follow but, i mess up like anyone.
But, off the wall is just off the wall. Use the pics as most are all bark and no bite if you can do that then your phone is a good idea and after that you have to decide for yourself what to do but, I'm just from old school on how to deal with bullies and that is something in me I cannot change.

GOOOO H22222'sss

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 02-22-2007, 08:58 AM
Hummer Guru

dеiтайожни is on a distinguished road

mac-10

cargo liner

ham

everglades

alligator

Old 02-22-2007, 09:05 AM
Hummer Authority

Bully13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by dеiтайожни
mac-10

cargo liner

ham

everglades

alligator

That's a long drive from Oakland
Old 02-22-2007, 03:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tah2oe is an unknown quantity at this point

Bear spray.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

Tah2oe is an unknown quantity at this point

Was this in Bezerkely? I get a lot of strange looks when driving my H2 there.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

That sux, but definitely file a police report. There's probably a history with that guy.
Old 02-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

When the local chapter of the Canadian Hummer Club was interviewed by CBC last week, the topic of anti-Hummer sentiment was discussed for a long time. We tried to explain why we thought that some people behaved this way. (The people interviewing us offered their suggestions too, we were all discussing together.) It is really hard to explain why, and that is when the person in question is a normally upstanding individual. People like that might either be jealous or have preconveived notions of the Hummer that are skewed or incorrect. Someone like the person that approached you does not sound like he is one of these people. I agree with the others that it is worthy of having the police investigate, because the whole incident just sounds like someone who has several other issues that are waiting to explode.

I am sorry that you had to experience that. I do not know what I would have done in your situation. I am not very confrontational at all, and probably would not have known what to say or do. Until you mentioned that you called 911, the thought never crossed my mind. I tend to lock up in situations like that.

Hopefully he does not frequent the area now. Are there other parking spaces on campus for you?
Old 02-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Hummer Guru

ROX is an unknown quantity at this point

Welcome to the "in your face" club. Sux don't it?

I called the cops after I told him to smile for the camera. Then I called Drty, and he paid him a visit.

This guy threatened my girlfriend while she was getting something out of the car.

Get the camera out and start snapping pictures. Makes 'em really mad.

Last edited by ROX : 02-22-2007 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:00 PM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

Wow ! that's some scary stuff man ! good thing you weren't hurt. There are some crazy a holes out there. Jealous bastards !!!

I live in Belgium (europe) and Hummers are extremely rare over here. I've driven it for 1,5 years now and never had one negative comment so far. Everyone stares at me, but in a positive way.

But the way, great ride you have !!

Frenzy
Belgium

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-22-2007, 06:09 PM
Hummer Guru

dochummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm with Drty, file a report....hopefully they'll get the guy. You should have kicked his a**!

Actually, I'm not one to throw a punch...I actually had a guy do that to me as I was walking down the street in Sydney - He was yelling at me to get my f***in butt back to the US blah blah blah. I just played stupid and said, "solly, I fron hong kong." That shut him up, and he walked away...

'03 H2
Old 02-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Hummer Professional

obzidian is on a distinguished road

i really dont know what to say. Im not the most confrontational person... however, my temper is pretty nasty. I've trained since i was little in many arts of self-defense. weapons training, pressure points, hidden strikes.. russian military "systema" approach of hand to hand combat. However, in a stuation like that, im not sure how i would react.. dont know if i would of felt threatened enough to strike first and ask questions later. HAve been there and the police interregations that follows is in itself, completely not worth it.

Im glad things turned the way they did. That guy is probably a major retard!! I have been to berkely and my opinion is that some ppl there just have to many options on what to believe and feel that whatever they can imagine, no matter how obsured, is true and "no one man, can take that away from me.."

freaking liberals!!

Funny, my folks both have a concealed weapons license for years now. I have been able to take the exam plenty but everytime i decline... i have seen my dad confronted over a PARKING SPACE from the huge guy, i mean huge... 6'7" 300 plus... easy!! Came rushing to my dads window when he tried to sneak by and take the space. He started yelling and reaching in his back jean pocket We had no idea what it may have been so my dad felt threatened.... SOO...my dad had his HK .45 out and in his face when he turned around. Safety on, however, we never saw that guy ever again.

Its not recommended to pull a weapon on someone and not use it and unfortunately kill the individual (dont want to hurt someone and give him a chance to get back at you, if your gonna use it, USE IT.. ) while being threatened, since the reprocusions could be worse.. first thing you learn in that class... however, this was years ago in another part of town.

and that is why i dont have a weapon with me. A camera and a cell phone with 911 on speed dial is a better alternative and i commend you for your actions.

try to keep a closer eye in your mirrors, before entering or exiting your ride/home/building/burger king/ have a firm handle on who is around you.. that is my advice.

these h2 haters are just retarded. Have had ppl stay stupid stuff and notice that the majority are just ignorant, gay (no pun), jealous, trend-followers or a combination or those. pick your poison!!

Last edited by obzidian : 02-22-2007 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:41 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

I'm sorry to hear you had this experience. I think you did the right thing though. I personally am probably like Boar-Ral in that I can't do anything if someone confronts me. My adrenaline skyrockets and I usually have to sit down for about 20-30 minutes if it's something bad (like what you experienced). It kinda sucks. At least I have a g/f now who would stand up for me if she was there. My ex just thought I was being irrational every time someone seriously stepped on my toes.

Anyway, the only advice I can offer, since I think I'm in a similar situation being at college (I don't have classes every day though):

1. Never park anywhere predictable. Park in different areas, at different times so that someone has a harder time of knowing that you'll be at Point A at Time X. Luckily I don't have to drive to campus most of the time (I live about 1 mile away) so I walk. But when I have to go, I try to vary the time and day. If you're driving to classes, just try to move around in the lot I suppose. I used to hide my H2 in the back corner of the lot where hardly anyone went when I used to commute. I figured it either would be very safe as no one saw it, or it would be a major target. After two years, I had no incidents so I guess it worked out ok.

2. If you're going to do work after dark, park under the lights. Even better if you can park in front of a video camera. I also try not to drive to campus mid-day because there are WAY too many people walking around.

3. Obviously, lock your doors. I sometimes fold in my mirrors too, hoping they will be less easy targets.

4. When you return to your truck, do a walk around. Make sure no one slashed your tires, clogged the exhaust, or vandalized the vehicle in any way. Just in case someone did something, at least you can call the cops before you get home and find out.

5. Hope for the best! I usually find trash on the hood or shoved in the door handles when I come back to the truck if it's been over an hour. People just can't seem to resist bothering it.

I f'cking hate Massachusetts and don't really know why I went back to the school I did. Almost everyone hates the Hummer up there, and I'm one of only 3 that drives around town. I try not to look anymore, but I can safely say I get the middle finger at least once a day. I'm trying to transfer into a good school nearby here in South-Central PA for the fall so I can get away from all the damn greenies.

I feel for you. Best of luck!

Oh, and finally:
I learned this from former Marine who told me try not to carry anything to attack someone that would show intent to harm. Carry something that you could use as a weapon that serves another daily purpose, i.e. Pocket Knife. Helps your defense in court if you have to defend yourself in a situation like this. He carried a sharpened camp shovel that was re-painted and bear mace.

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 02-22-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, at least it was just a verbal attack more than anything.

Next time use, the I feared for my life so I shot him with bear spray technique. After a Canadian freind shared his experience, I went out and bought two cans.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Hummer Novice

WVHummer is on a distinguished road

I woke up last week to find "EARTH DESTROYER" written all over my windshields. Three different places. Thought it was funny at 1st, but then it started to aggravate me. fck em all. Think i'll get that for my new license plate:
ERTHDEST
PLANETDEST
I LUV CO (carbon monoxide)
Old 02-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Hummer Novice

Quicksilver is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipeefreely

I was going to go do some homework at the math lab at my college at around 4-5ish. As usual, i find a spot and park my car. I jump out, grab my backpack, shut the door... and the next you know ... when i turn around...this 6'2 caucasian male is standing RIGHT in front of me. And i mean right in front of me (i could tell he had something curry for lunch, thats just how close he was).
"

Within seconds, this guy starts massively cussing at me RIGHT in front of my face while he's hitting me with these flyers that have the twin towers and the whole 9/11 picture printed on them.

By this time, i'm completely baffled as to what the hell is going on as all i can see is a bunch of flyers in my face and hearing him repeatedly saying ... "YOU THINK THAT'S FKING FUNNY???? HUH"
I had no idea what he was referring to, so i tell him "excuse me sir, i have no idea what you're saying, but you need to back off"

He continues to cuss in my face while shoving me back against someone else's car and yelling "YOU'RE DRIVING THAT VEHICLE. PEOPLE ARE FKING DYING MAN. AND YOU THINK IT'S FKING FUNNY".

This guy was looking for a target and it had nothing or little to do with you driving a Hummer. You could've been in any nice car and got a similiar response.

If the guys is bigger than you that let's him think he can intimidate. You have a few choices; walk away and ignore him, walk away as you tell him your calling 911 and making a phone video then point your phone at him, or stay around him and let him purge. Any dialogue from you is mute. He will hear none of it.

You can't control how others act toward you, but you can control how you respond to them. In most cases, no response is the best. He is either a crazy person roaming the streets, or a crazy person that is affecting your life.

The only thing I wouldn't do is feed the fire.