H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-21-2003, 04:44 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

Okay...I've been looking at getting an H2 this summer. I want to get a Lux package 2004 w/Navi.

However, I've recently came across a local dealership that is selling a 2003 Lux package H2 for $47,500. This H2 has 2,500 miles. What do you think of that price? Should I go for it, or pay roughly $56k for an `04 w/Navi and no miles?

Thanks for any input you have...basically, what would you do?
Old 12-21-2003, 04:44 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

Okay...I've been looking at getting an H2 this summer. I want to get a Lux package 2004 w/Navi.

However, I've recently came across a local dealership that is selling a 2003 Lux package H2 for $47,500. This H2 has 2,500 miles. What do you think of that price? Should I go for it, or pay roughly $56k for an `04 w/Navi and no miles?

Thanks for any input you have...basically, what would you do?
Old 12-21-2003, 04:47 AM

Perry is off the scale

Why does it have 2500 miles on it?? Was it previously purchased, and then returned??? I would buy the 04.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:57 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

GM of the dealership drove it. The dealership selling the `03 is a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer. I guess the GM wanted to drive a "real" SUV for a while.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:08 AM

noc is off the scale

Have you been to Autoshow in Motion? They have like 20 H2s that gets abused for 3 days. That might be one of them.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MMPH2:
GM of the dealership drove it. The dealership selling the `03 is a Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep dealer. I guess the GM wanted to drive a "real" SUV for a while. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 12-21-2003, 06:33 AM

10 MPG is off the scale

I paid 47,000 for a brand new 03 with lux,3rd row seat, and sunroof a few months back. I thought that was a pretty fair deal. Good Luck.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:59 AM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

I paid less for my 03 brand new lux with air ride, and front and rear brush guards. If you are interested in it I would try to beat them down on that price. Maybe somewhere around $41 or $42.

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step
Old 12-21-2003, 04:09 PM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

NOC: I was at the Cleveland Auto Show In Motion this summer and all their H2's were 2004's. So I'm pretty sure this was not one of them. But thanks for the mentioning it...I'll ask them anyways.

10 MPG: This H2 doesn't have a sunroof, but it has everything else you have. I'll definatley try and get them down to $46k (doesn't hurt to ask)

SPIKE: Do you really think that I can ask them for $41k or $42k. Is that # too low for this vehicle? I don't want them to laugh me right out of their dealership.

Thanks for the input all!
Old 12-21-2003, 09:50 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

MMPH2 ---- I recommend that if you are ready to buy on the spot, offer $41,000 or $42,000 ---- to quote a very famous person, my Mother, "If you don't ask, you don't get!". It does not cost anything to make an offer .... anyway, if you low ball them, at least you will have established a "spread" in dollars for the dealer to work with, and if you buy it, the chances are that you will be paying less than if you offered $46,000.00 ... Good Luck and let us know what happens ...

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Old 12-21-2003, 10:25 PM
Hummer Guru

MMPH2,

No I don't think that $41 or $42 is too low to offer. Honestly I don't think I would pay more than $42 for it anyway. I think I would walk. I only can say this now because of what I paid for mine brand new. Prior to buying mine I may have went for a little more. Knowing what I know now, $42 tops. You have to remember as far as the dealer is concerned, that vehicle has 2 things going against it, its an 03 and it has miles on it. As long as that sits on their lot, its eating up space that a new 04 could take up. Another thing I have found lately is sometimes there are better deals to be made on brand new vehicles than used ones at the dealers. It seems they have "less room to play with" on used vehicles.
And finally my dealer is selling all 04's for $3,000.00 off the sticker. Everyone gets that just for walking in the door. Wouldn't you rather pay $53,000.00 for a $56,000.00 new vehicle than $47,500.00 for a $41,000.00 used vehicle?

2003 Yellow H2, Lux Series, Air Suspension, Front Brush Guard, Rear Tail Lamp Guards, Helo Maxx 8 Chrome Rims, MC2 Chrome Billet Locking Fuel Door, MC2 Chrome Hood Handles, MC2 Chrome Hood Latches, Chrome Billet Hummer Logo Hitch Step

[This message was edited by Spike on 12-21-03 at 04:59 PM.]
Old 12-21-2003, 11:05 PM

MacinPittsford is off the scale

Spike, if I can ask, where did you get $3k off sticker for an '04?

I want to try to negotiate a deal and I'm thinking they may want to book a sale before year end. The dealership here doesn't do a big volume business, though, so I don't think it will be easy to get them to move -- at least until they've been sitting on the lot for a few months. Fortunately, I'm not in any hurry.

Thanks.

MAC
Old 12-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

You are the buyer and you have all the cards, the moment you bought the auto, they have all your cards. Before that Hummer is sold, they are paying interest on that vehicle, it is their jobs to sell cars, they sit there all day just waiting for someone like you to walk in and make an offer. Once there is an offer, the ball starts rolling back and forth. If they laugh at your opening offer, that's a standard reply, don't worry. There are arrogant or stupid salesmen too, some actually will not play ball, but that's their loss. You got the money, don't fix your mind on just this one Hummer, there are many out there and they are all about the same. The longer you wait the cheaper they get.

IMHO, I personally will offer $40K, stop at $42K-$43K top.
Old 12-21-2003, 11:52 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Spike, if I can ask, where did you get $3k off sticker for an '04? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

MacinPittsford,
The dealership is in New Jersey. They are currently taking $3,000.00 off the sticker on all 04's. If you are interested in coming to NJ to buy one, give me your email address and I'll email you the dealership name, address, phone number and the salesmans name. They will negotiate over the phone! I made my entire deal over the phone and picked it up 2 days later. This dealership sells approx. 60 H2's a month. I was up there Friday and they had 82 04's on the lot.

Old 12-22-2003, 03:50 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

I'll be visiting the dealership tomorrow afternoon. I'm going to offer them $42k and see what they say. I'll post their reply to my offer.

Thanks for the input guys. NCHummerman, you're right, "if I don't ask, I won't get".
Old 12-22-2003, 06:49 AM
Hummer Guru

MMPH2,

If they won't accept your offer of $42 I would suggest you talk to my guy before you go any higher. Let us know how you make out. Good luck.

Old 12-22-2003, 12:00 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

$47.5K on a 2003 with miles on it is not a good deal. This vehicle is now a year old and therefore has depreciated. A 2004 lux is selling for $50K (based on Spike's deal), and by my estimation the H2 depreciates $6K in the first year. Most I would pay is $44K. Otherwise I'd go to Spike's dealer and get one brank spanking new for $50K.

Good luck keep us posted.
Old 12-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Hummer Professional

MMPH2 is off the scale

Okay...found out that the H2 has only 1800 miles. It's a Lux package with brush guard...no sunroof.

Anyway, I asked them to take $43k, and they said they couldn't do it. They paid $47,500 for it 2 months ago. I think they bought it from HUMMER to help get rid of any `03 stock.
So, I came back with $45k...and they are going to think about it.

So, given that it's a `03 Lux package with a brush guard, no sunroof and only 1800 miles...what do you think?
Old 12-23-2003, 03:29 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

No way they paid $47K for it, they are not stupid, a new one retails for $50K with big fat profit in that $50K. Used car is the most profitable part of the auto business. $10K markup on $40K+ auto is common.
Old 12-23-2003, 03:31 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

MMPH2-

Keep in mind that you could get a GM IN THE DRIVEWAY COUPON and get that vehicle before ttl for $48,449 plus, if you buy it in the Southeast quadrant of the US, HUMMER is offering an additional $4K in rebates bringing the price down to $44,449. Therefore, you be the judge if it is a good deal or not...

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)

Old 12-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

In fact, you should actually withdraw your 45K bid and move it back down to 41K-42K and show them this thread and tell them: "If you were smart, you would hit my bid cuz you don't want to own this thing at beginning of the year..."

-HUMMERDOGG

TROLL POACHER (I hunt trolls even if it ain't troll hunting season...)

TROLL TAXIDERMIST (For those of you who get to them before I can. I provide this service free of charge...)