H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-08-2003, 11:25 AM

Batson34 is off the scale

A lot of factors impact color choices. Some people have said that they gave up color choice in order to get the wife / spouse to approve their H2 purchase, some went with favorite colors and others chose colors based on ease of cleaning etc.

Why did you choose your color, and would your decision have changed based on the number of like colored H2's in your immediate (5 mi.) community?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:25 AM

Batson34 is off the scale

A lot of factors impact color choices. Some people have said that they gave up color choice in order to get the wife / spouse to approve their H2 purchase, some went with favorite colors and others chose colors based on ease of cleaning etc.

Why did you choose your color, and would your decision have changed based on the number of like colored H2's in your immediate (5 mi.) community?
Old 08-08-2003, 11:36 AM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Had trouble deciding between yellow, "Husker" red, and orange. Mostly yellows/pewter here. Yellow probably the best show/statement, but I thought I might get tired of yellow after some time. Red...I just had a similar red Toyota 4-Runner. Orange...yes, as it appeared to change color from red to brown, copper, orange, depending on the lighting (like the sunset ...so I went orange because I got multiple-colors-in-one.

Ric
Omaha, NE

OMAHOG/IHOG
Hum2@cox.net
Old 08-08-2003, 01:13 PM

Garfield is off the scale

Why didnīt H2 have blue color. Can someone explain why ?
Old 08-08-2003, 01:38 PM

maybe some day... is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
I went with pewter as it is was the best of a bad bunch.
H2's all look great regardless of color, but I wish they had come out with some decent colors.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gotta agree: so far - as I've stood looking at a row of H2s of all different colors - I've had the feeling that I wasn't really picking the color that I liked the best so much as trying to pick the one that I dis-liked the least!
I like the pewter but don't love it, like the yellow but don't want to drive it every day, like the black but don't want to wash and wax it constantly - my last 2 cars have been black...
Now if they come out with the corvette blue metallic I'm first in line!
Old 08-08-2003, 01:41 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Black, Pewter or wait in line. Black was color choice, but Pewter had all the options I wanted. Now I like the Pewter color better.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 08-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

I've heard that everyone who has black were originally going to get pewter until they found out MAC has black. It's okay, you can admit it Raster.

I so wish H2s came in charcoal. Or metallic blue like the H1.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:57 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

I first wanted Yellow. I took one home for a day and after 24 hours I felt as if I was driving a school bus. I went with orange. Its a classy color and it different enough to stand out. Pewter is just too plain, red looks purple, black loses the window lines (major styling factor), white looks like a delivery truck and green too military like. These are my opinions and I agree an H2 is awesome no matter what color it is. I did hear one funny comment about my truck form a soccer mom. She said it looked like a Brinks truck! Now that she said that she is right!

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-08-2003, 02:59 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

There was no dilemma, BLACK is my choice for all cars, period. Black on black (black out and black inside) is actually my only selection but as we know black interior is not available.

Side issue, for used cars, black on black cars are always easy to sell, it is always the hardest to find and first to sell for auto enthusiasts, have been told by many dealers throughout the years. For such reason, black on black tends to have less bargaining room, buyers for this color choice generally are less flexible in colors and have been searching and waiting for it for a long time. May not apply to economy cars. This is a side issue, because you have to like your auto color. I had a brown BMW 3, simply because I didn't want to wait 6 months, I hated that color.

All Hummers are beatiful, whatever the colors.
Old 08-08-2003, 08:00 PM
Tucson Beast

Hey 89vette

"white looks like a delivery truck" are you nuts

In the hot of the southwest - white paint does not oxides under the heat as other dark colors - plus white naturally resists heat. Yes, white does get dirty (if you play with your H2) but I know a black color gets dusty even after a wash. My white beast looks good with the black accessory package and other goodies (black in color). You know what they say "White is Right"

One last statement - I think all the H2 look fantastic in all the colors (althought I would like to see a dark blue). We all enjoy them for who we are and what we like.

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 08-08-2003, 11:23 PM

Kevin W is off the scale

Hey there,

I was flipping back and forth from yellow to pewter to black, and I was driving the dealer crazy going back and forth not being able to make up my mind. I feel that every car has one special color that really makes its design and look stand out, and the yellow was probably that color for the H2...just didn't think that I would want to come out to a bright yellow truck every day for the next bunch of years. So, since I am so particular about keeping a car clean and my last truck was a black Suburban, process of elimination brought me to pewter. But I agree with a couple other posts that blue would be a great color.

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, and marker bezels.
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 08-09-2003, 12:09 AM
Circuitguy

I think Black is the best looking color for a car. Had them,will have them again, but for a day to day driver it is not my first choice. I would rather enjoy driving my cars than cleaning them, unless is a classice muscle car or somthing like that. For my H2 I went with white. Easy to clean and touch up,never looks like it needs wax, and always looks great! And anyway, White is always right! BIG-C

First American Properties Inc. 916-858-2383
White 03-H2-LUX
Old 08-09-2003, 12:15 AM

Gary C is off the scale

Pewter, ease of cleaning, I have two other black cars and a bad back. I would like a black and be pimping in Indy, . Would Pewter with spinners work? NOT

<font color=Gray>Pewter</font>, Lux, Ventvisors, Foose Wheels, Corsa Touring Exhaust, HID's
Old 08-09-2003, 12:16 AM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

My decision was primarily based on heat and the ability to look clean the longest. The family and I drove our black Tahoe to Vegas last year. This thing was smoldering the entire way. I promised myself never again with a black vehicle unless I lived in the Mid-West. So, I was actually leaning toward Green but my wife felt the pewter looked higher end. Her main point was well taken, which was the contrast between the black handles, gas cap, rack and the pewter paint. I also had two other GM pewter vehicles with great success so pewter it was. I still like all of the colors though but maybe that's because I just like Hummers. I would probably like a pink one if they made it.
Old 08-09-2003, 01:01 AM
Hummer Professional

TBarrow is off the scale

When I put down my deposit june 2002 I had my choice of eight to be delivered mid JUly.( It was like willy wonka's golden ticket, I had 8 delivery tickets the whole allocation to choose from in my hand) The dealer had just recieved the distributership. I picked my color based on the options on the vehicle. I wanted all options and could choose between Black or Pewter. Pewter is not my favorite as there are pewter suburmans, Tahoes, vettes, and every other GM vehicle here in Pewter. I however did not want Black as the difficulty of keeping it clean. So I called my wife for her opinion, She said to get the Black one. I explained my case on cleaning issues and she made a valid point. SINCE WHEN DO YOU WASH YOUR OWN VEHICLE. So I have had my Black one for over a year now.

Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Alcoa Wheels, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, 2-7" screens in headrests with DVD player and TV Tuner.
Black H2 Adventure Series + Luxury, AirForce One intake, Throttle Body Bypass, Gobi Rack w/2\" Brackets & 4 PIAA 580 Lights, Xenarc HID, Alcoa Wheels, Goodyear 37x12.50x17 MT/R, Warn 9.5Ti Thermometric Winch, DiabloSport programmer,160 Degree T-Stat, B&B Headers and full dual exhaust by B&B as well, ARB fridge/freezer, Full Audio upgrade.
Old 08-09-2003, 02:17 PM
Hummer Professional

89vette is off the scale

Hi Tucson Beast. I live in Pittsburgh and I never see that thing in the sky that is bright and hot. I am told it exists here but I can't remember ever seeing it. Tucson is a great city. My wife and I love it there. Send some sun my way. All colors are great and if I lived in Tucscon, I'd get white too! My wife's Escalade is white and it does stay very cool.

03 Sunset H2!
89 Vette
02 Escalade
Old 08-09-2003, 03:28 PM
Hummer Expert

RasterMaster is an unknown quantity at this point

Zazing & Mac,

Actually, black was my first color choice untill my salesman told me I could not have the chrome removed and replaced with black. I wanted blacked out rims and ZERO chrome.

All of their Adv series came with the chrome package and they did not have any without it, or wait for next delivery. Black did not have air suspension, which I wanted. I could not get the chrome grille to be replaced with a color matching grille, so Pewter it is! No more chrome being added as I am not a bling-bling guy.

Now I would not want another color. Perhaps it was the sales booklets (you all got those when you had to choose the add-ons, didn't ya?) that planted "Pewter" subliminally. Not too many differences between the rig in the book and mine, just u-steps and different brush guard.

If I wanted to get delivery, I had to choose between two that were coming in the day after I put down my deposit (black or pewter - only two on shipment that was not spoken for). Every H2 in the lot was sold or already had deposits.

Drove a Caddy around for two days before I finally got in my own H2. Test drove the yellow the day I went in, but knew what color I wanted by then. Saw all their colors from their webpage prior to deposit so I chose black, then got hung on pewter.

Check out the OkC Chapter Page!
Old 08-09-2003, 03:55 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Back in July/Aug 02, it was very hard to find photos of H2 in all the colors, nowadays there are tons of H2 photos one can get OD. I actually did not see any black H2 photo anywhere and did some poor quality photoshop black H2 to give me some idea. What made it worse was that there were no H2 on the dealer lot, ZERO. Everyone is pre-sold.

The harder part for me was not color, but should I get lux chrome or mat black accessories? how do they look on black? I never found the photo online to help me out. That was when I accidently found this forum in its very early stage. After few days of pain I settled on black with lux chrome, sat down, paid and ordered it. As I was getting up to leave, manager casually said, we do have an adv all black being made today, the wait is 1 month instead of 3 months, but that's not what you want. In 3 seconds, I switched to that all black adv H2, rewrote the order. It turned out to be 100% perfect, just right.

BTW, there is no heat issue in the Bay area, weather is always perfect.