H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 01-18-2011, 03:40 AM
Hummer Novice

Ricovette is on a distinguished road
Question H3 Passenger Sun Visor Removal...

Hi there... I attempted to remove the passenger side sun visor to no avail. I removed the three screws and it dropped down without any problem. The problem I did have was trying to figure out where the electrical wire for the vanity mirror disconnects. The wire runs into the sun visor quite a ways and has a lot of slack inside the roof. I don't know where to unplug the wire from. Any assistance will be much appreciated... Thanks in advance... "Rico"
Old 01-18-2011, 11:38 PM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: H3 Passenger Sun Visor Removal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricovette
Hi there... I attempted to remove the passenger side sun visor to no avail. I removed the three screws and it dropped down without any problem. The problem I did have was trying to figure out where the electrical wire for the vanity mirror disconnects. The wire runs into the sun visor quite a ways and has a lot of slack inside the roof. I don't know where to unplug the wire from. Any assistance will be much appreciated... Thanks in advance... "Rico"

What options do you have. Sunroof, ONSTAR, 3 dome lights? Might be able to get a picture of the inside for you.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:15 AM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3 Builder
What options do you have. Sunroof, ONSTAR, 3 dome lights? Might be able to get a picture of the inside for you.

I have a sunroof and OnStar, also NavSystem. The dome light is just to the rear of my head...not three. All the above is factory. Thanks in advance... "Rico"
Old 01-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

If you pull(tug) the wire from the headliner theres has to be a plug a few inches in. ?
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 01-19-2011, 07:45 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
If you pull(tug) the wire from the headliner theres has to be a plug a few inches in. ?

I thought about doing that since there was some considerable slack inside the roof, but I didn't want to take the chance and damage the wire just in case I was wrong. Thought I'd come here and ask the experts first. Appreciate your assistance very much. I'll go and tug on it gently and see if the connector pops up anywhere. Stay safe... "Rico"
Old 01-21-2011, 01:57 AM
Hummer Expert

H3 Builder is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a basic headliner and how the wiring looks underneath. The wire connector should be right there. Here is the pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Headliner 1.JPG (92.0 KB, 839 views)
File Type: jpg Headliner 2.JPG (89.5 KB, 1322 views)
Old 01-21-2011, 07:17 PM
Hummer Novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3 Builder
Here is a basic headliner and how the wiring looks underneath. The wire connector should be right there. Here is the pictures.

Thank you...Thank you...Thank you... That's exactly what I needed. If there's anything I can ever assist you with in the Sarasota, Florida area, please don't hesitate to give me a shout. Once again, thank you so much! I just purchased a new sun visor for $147.00 and the dealer wanted $120.00 to install it. To remove three screws, unplug and plug in the new one = $120.00 at the dealer...that's just not right. Hope you have an awesome weekend... "Rico"
Old 02-02-2011, 10:05 PM
Hummer Novice

Hey guys... Just finished installing the Sun Visor after waiting for it to arrive from the dealer. Thanks to your help and assistance, I was able to take down the damaged Sun Visor and install the new one in less than 15 minutes. It turned out perfect! I even switched out the factory bulbs with L.E.D.'s. Remember, the dealer wanted $120.00 just to install the Sun Visor. I owe you guys big time... Once again, thank you so very much... "Rico"