H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-14-2003, 05:23 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

An old pic of a great rig. Notice the beautiful color of the vehicle. I very rarely use tire dressing. I've also taken off my H2 emblems so that someone else won't try to help me with them. I have a friend that had someone pry his off with a screwdriver.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2003, 06:06 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread diffinitely motivates H2 owners to spend more for that personalized look.

Mac, very cool. The blackened roof bars are a first. Are you thinking about the mags yet?

I think going the opposite of bling bling might catch on.

DRTY, dems old pictures(Still cool)! Show us your new ones.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-14-2003, 06:23 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Dennis, what are mags? mags are rims? I like the factory rim look.
My roof bars came all black.
Tell you the truth, I ordered a Lux H2 at first, 2-3 months wait. Dealer told me they are making one that day Adv. black, too bad it is all black, I siad, NO No that's just perfect, I'll take that. Added leather, cut the wait to 1 month. See how everything turned out just right without extra effort?

Drtyfn, Pewter is always beautiful. Them black rims are excellent. Give me your address, I'll find someone to come up and jack it up and take them, there must be some kids willing to work for a couple hundred dollars.

IMHO, them black rims do not fit your beautiful pewter Hummer, stock silver is just right for pewter. Tell you what, I am always willing to help out a friend in need, why not take a vacation in SF or go offroad with someone around here, stop by my place before you go offroad, we'll make the trade in 1 hour. That'll rectify your problem.

There's a black rim photo:
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2003, 07:47 PM

Frank Hewitt is off the scale

The black grill is fine. Kind of reminds me of the trans-am in knight-rider. I don't have a big issue with some chrome, nor am I hell-bent on removing it. I must say though, Mac, that if you only bought your wrap-around brush guard for protection, I just wondered if you mean protection from really really tall shopping carts or old ladies in the cross-walks? Perhaps you could use the off-road lights to see the shopping carts and little old ladies in the cross-walks just prior to using your brush-guard on them?!

gasman
Old 12-14-2003, 08:11 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

Mine.

Black door handles and Dynamat install next week.

Will be joining the black powdercoated wheel club here in a few weeks as well. I bought an extra set of original rims on Ebay for $150 last week...

My job: http://www.HardOCP.com
Old 12-14-2003, 08:35 PM

Patriot is off the scale

Damn FrgMstr...you look VERY young
Old 12-14-2003, 10:35 PM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

Excellent. I was surprised the grill has only 4 screws, which made the job easy. The lower center plastic cover took a while to figure it out, I was "thinking" too much, it was a simple pull from one corner to the others. My only roadblock was the 4 big screws holding the brush guard. Surprised I never had the need to remove any big screws in my life prior to yesterday.

I like it very much. It looked a lot better when I parked it on the street, as I look at it in my garage, I don't know why I was so excited about it yesterday.

Cute boy, nice outfit & good taste in vehicle.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:48 PM

buddy is off the scale

Mac,

You did good, black looks much better than the chrome. Now, I'm back to wishing I'd choosen black instead of yellow. Next vehicle will be black.Maybe an SUT
Old 12-14-2003, 10:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

My son saw FrgMstr's Pic on my screen.

He yelled' "SPIDERMAN!!!!....Took me a few seconds to figure it out.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-14-2003, 11:02 PM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DennisAJC:
My son saw FrgMstr's Pic on my screen.

He yelled' "SPIDERMAN!!!!....Took me a few seconds to figure it out.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That goes on quite a bit around my house as well.

Old 12-15-2003, 12:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Zing is off the scale

Nice job MAC and thanks for the pics. I'm thinking of doing the same. 2 questions. 1) Is "Hummer" in gray letters against the black, or is that just the lighting where I can see them easy. 2) did you see the guys take off your grill, where the screws and are they easy to access?
Old 12-15-2003, 12:52 AM

Kevin B is off the scale

DRTY did you rattle can those??
Old 12-15-2003, 01:07 AM

Dedo-man is off the scale

DRTYFN,
Actually, I like the Black rims quite a bit!!! How did you work that out?
I Have Pewter also and am thinking about going black...have a few chrome pieces still (which came with the Lux. package), but I still think a shine "Black Chrome" would do very well with matching Black Chrome accessories.
And Mac, I read your post about the whole let things happen when they happen deal.... makes sence, there is actually alot of logic behind that mind set! makes things much easier in life....
Old 12-15-2003, 02:19 AM

argonaut is off the scale

I like the black rim look, especially with the 37" MTRs. It would look silly on my orange one though. I would be living in halloween all year long... DRTY, I assume your buddy was in P-town. Where did it happen? I will want to avoid that area with the H@...
Old 12-15-2003, 02:45 AM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zazing:
Nice job MAC and thanks for the pics. I'm thinking of doing the same. 2 questions. 1) Is "Hummer" in gray letters against the black, or is that just the lighting where I can see them easy. 2) did you see the guys take off your grill, where the screws and are they easy to access?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> There are two screws on each end and two clips in the middle. If you own the right tool to do it, I think you will find the job an easy on.

1. Yes, the letters are the same color that they are on the original grill.

2. Yes, I did my own. If you don't have a grill guard, it is simply the matter of a four nuts to remove and a couple of spring clips that you just pull to disengage. Could not get much simpler... Here is my thread in the other forum that shows the grill off. You also have to pull loose the lower grill cover that is held in place with simple spring clips as well.

Old 12-15-2003, 02:52 AM

FrgMstr is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Patriot:
Damn FrgMstr...you look VERY young <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dude, you ought to see how hard it is for me to buy beer.

Old 12-15-2003, 03:10 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Mac, tell your gardener the area around your tree needs a little mulch. How come you couldn't take out the four "big screws" holding on your brush guard? Did your pliers keep slipping off the bolts?
Old 12-15-2003, 03:13 AM
Hummer Authority

MAC is off the scale

I did the whole thing, except I went to the gas station to have the guy removed and installed the 4 big screws holding the brush guard with air tool. The grill itself was only 4 tiny screws on the 2 far ends, done in seconds, when you open the hood you'll see those 4 small screws. It was easier with 4 hands, I held the guard while he removed or installed the big screws.

I am thinking about going back there to remove the guard for a few weeks. Try out the clean look without brush guard.

There was some limitation of turning space issue when using plier, I think another tool which fits onto the screw head, then you turn the handle will work, similar to the tool you use to remove tire screws(not the right name), whatever this tool is called.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:42 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

What about the mulch issue? Just kidding Mac. I took my grill guard off for a month just to have a different look. Ask your wife to buy you a small socket set from Sears for X-mas. You then can remove bolts easly.