H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-03-2005, 11:37 AM

brewerdude is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Brewer,

I am surprised your Exploder is such a dog. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a '96 EB with over 150K miles. I married into it, and it's just about to completely fall apart. Perfect timing on the release of the H3 - we've been looking at new cars for the past couple of months, and so far this is the only one we've agreed upon.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brewerdude:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
Brewer,

I am surprised your Exploder is such a dog. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's a '96 EB with over 150K miles. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would explain it I have about 70K on mine and doing good. I actually picked mine up a couple of years ago used when my lease came up on my car. Bought a '98 because it was the last year of the 5.0 and they had no problems with this engine. From what I heard, Ford replaced it because they were not making enough money on service with it

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 06-03-2005, 02:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

MisterE is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All,

Drove the manual and auto. Of course the 5 speed felt a lot more spunky but, personally, I think both are pretty peppy. You won't be the fasest guy off the line, but I had no problems getting up to speed. I went from a ZR2 Blazer with the 4.3 V6 at 190 HP into the H3 and I would say they are pretty close. The Blazer probably had a slight edge, but both were good. Yes I would have loved a bit more HP, but I'm not disappointed with the performance either.
Old 06-04-2005, 08:57 PM
Hummer Expert

First Hummer is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brewerdude:
I'm seriously thinking about getting an H3 and will go for a test drive this week. Been reading specs, and am concerned about acceleration. How well does that 5-cyl 220HP engine pull a 4700lb vehicle? I'm not so concerned about it on a trail, but getting into traffic might be an issue... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
brewdude I just picked up my H3 and like you i was worried about the 220 hp engine,but after driving it around town and on the highway its no longer an issue.It has plenty of pickup to pass and get on the highway.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i just drove one yesterday, and it reminds me of my gf's crappy nissan altima.. great acceleration from a stop but then once its going and you get on the gas the acceleration is lackluster.. but overall you will be goin slow in style! i think its fine for what its got... but if you ever lined up against a jeep with a hemi, or maybe an xterra with the S/C you will most certainly get spanked ever time. but were not buyin them for their speed were buyin em for capability and overall awesome appearance!
Old 06-04-2005, 09:15 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

I dont think many of us will be drag racing a Hemi in out H3s...
Old 06-04-2005, 09:23 PM
Hummer Authority

oh, I will.... as soon as i leave the hummer dealer im going to the jeep dealer across the street and revving the engine till someone comes out to race!
Old 06-04-2005, 10:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wannabeH3:
oh, I will.... as soon as i leave the hummer dealer im going to the jeep dealer across the street and revving the engine till someone comes out to race! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Funniest thing I've read all day!
Old 06-05-2005, 02:02 AM
Hummer Authority

haha at least someone appreciates me!
Old 06-05-2005, 12:32 PM

brewerdude is off the scale

Well I got a chance to test drive one yesterday. However, I didn't get the opportunity to really test the acceleration - the goddamn thing ran out of gas after about five minutes in! The salesguy was a total idiot. So my first H3 experience consisted of me and my pregnant wife pushing one up a small hill into a parking lot off a busy main road. Then we had to walk back to the dealership.

Here was the cake topper - just before we left I asked our sales guy if we could get a brochure - his response "We only give those to the guys who are gonna buy one." After the dirty look I gave him he immediatly said "Oh, OK, I guess I can..." I mean, sheesh!

Anyways, we liked what we saw. But guess I'll have to check one out at one of the other dealerships here in town....
Old 06-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Hummer Veteran

mudderducker is off the scale

...The salesguy was a total idiot... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sounds like it. he wont be in the car biz long, he's not hungry enough to be a salesman.

Land Rover Convert - H3 ADV

http://www.deltawaterfowl.org/
http://www.ducks.org/
http://www.joincca.org/

Old 06-05-2005, 01:20 PM

H3 Buyer to be? is off the scale

He is an idiot, I would have kicked him in the JIMMY.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Hummer Authority

are you kidding me???? seriously you should contact the manager, and explain your distress, I am sure they will hook you up..
Old 12-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I got a chance to test drive one yesterday. However, I didn't get the opportunity to really test the acceleration - the goddamn thing ran out of gas after about five minutes in! The salesguy was a total idiot. So my first H3 experience consisted of me and my pregnant wife pushing one up a small hill into a parking lot off a busy main road. Then we had to walk back to the dealership.

Here was the cake topper - just before we left I asked our sales guy if we could get a brochure - his response "We only give those to the guys who are gonna buy one." After the dirty look I gave him he immediatly said "Oh, OK, I guess I can..." I mean, sheesh!

Anyways, we liked what we saw. But guess I'll have to check one out at one of the other dealerships here in town.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I kind of had the same experience the first time I went to Kansas City Hummer (in regards to the brochure). I asked for one and got a general push off from the sales lady.

Too bad about the gas issue, although when I went back the second time, I test drove a H3 and there was barely any gas in it!

Bill
Old 12-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

they are slow pigs dont buy one go get a hemi and go drag racin hummers are for wheelin take your hemi to the mall dog you can drag at the mall
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 12-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigBill:
I kind of had the same experience the first time I went to Kansas City Hummer (in regards to the brochure). I asked for one and got a general push off from the sales lady.

Too bad about the gas issue, although when I went back the second time, I test drove a H3 and there was barely any gas in it!

Bill </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you go back down there ask for Marvin, HoKC on here. Very nice guy, stopped in a met him a several months ago and he showed me the first Slate Blue I saw in persone. If I remember correctly he is the Inventory manager there.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 12-15-2005, 03:16 AM
Hummer Authority

accelleration sucks period, but thats not why i bought it
Old 12-15-2005, 03:26 AM
Hummer Expert

RazM is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2forMe:
drove it today. Very underpowered! Was very scary merging onto traffic. Couldn't pass a metro bus! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You're full of it. No problems with merging here. It picks up fine and dandy.

Seriously, why would you post such BS?
Old 12-15-2005, 03:43 AM

Highlander is off the scale

I think the answer to this accelleration question is simply a matter of opinion.I traded a 2003 Chevy ZR2 4X4 for my H3 and i can assure you the H3 has much better accelleration than the votec V6 the Chevy had under the hood. Like all the other H3 owners have said previously, this vehicle was'nt designed for speed.If you want speed you should buy a sportscar. I love my H3 and it is by far the best 4x4 i have ever owned and ive had them all. Toyota,Chevrolet,Dodge,and a FORD. I have never had a problem trying to merge into traffic onto the freeway and i drive in Dallas Texas everday. It may not be like driving in Los Angelas or New York City but the traffic is pretty fast paced ! You wont regret buying or driving the H3. Good luck with your decision.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:36 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by highlander:
I think the answer to this accelleration question is simply a matter of opinion.I traded a 2003 Chevy ZR2 4X4 for my H3 and i can assure you the H3 has much better accelleration than the votec V6 the Chevy had under the hood. Like all the other H3 owners have said previously, this vehicle was'nt designed for speed.If you want speed you should buy a sportscar. I love my H3 and it is by far the best 4x4 i have ever owned and ive had them all. Toyota,Chevrolet,Dodge,and a FORD. I have never had a problem trying to merge into traffic onto the freeway and i drive in Dallas Texas everday. It may not be like driving in Los Angelas or New York City but the traffic is pretty fast paced ! You wont regret buying or driving the H3. Good luck with your decision. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Who is this person? Two thumbs up for you!

Newbie, next time I head through KC I'll try to check in on Marvin. I had time on the prior trip, but didn't know he was out there. BTW, Marcmedic is out there also.