H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 03-05-2004, 03:53 AM

SoCalHummer is off the scale

Well, replaced my second generation blotchy beam HID headlights with the new Projector Beam HID ones that come in a billet chrome plated housing. Supposed to be the same ones used in the new Dodge Viper and New Cadillac. Easy install (easer than the previous HID units) and got to take a night drive with them and WOW............these make the X2020 units in my Suburban second place. Honestly, these are HID on low and high beam using one HID element by an internal eyelid so to speak that covers a portion of the beam during low beam operation and when you turn on high beam it opens the spread. I was driving under a dark underpass at night and the light on low was incredible.......so I decided to try the high beam and WOW again......it lit up the freeway signs way down the freeway like it was daylight.

These units are $379 per side and are worth every penny IMHO........If you guys (or ladies) are interested, I will post some pictures of them in the vehicle..........the light is not blotchy it is just like my Cad and my neighbors new 7 series BMW.......
Old 03-05-2004, 03:53 AM

Well, replaced my second generation blotchy beam HID headlights with the new Projector Beam HID ones that come in a billet chrome plated housing. Supposed to be the same ones used in the new Dodge Viper and New Cadillac. Easy install (easer than the previous HID units) and got to take a night drive with them and WOW............these make the X2020 units in my Suburban second place. Honestly, these are HID on low and high beam using one HID element by an internal eyelid so to speak that covers a portion of the beam during low beam operation and when you turn on high beam it opens the spread. I was driving under a dark underpass at night and the light on low was incredible.......so I decided to try the high beam and WOW again......it lit up the freeway signs way down the freeway like it was daylight.

These units are $379 per side and are worth every penny IMHO........If you guys (or ladies) are interested, I will post some pictures of them in the vehicle..........the light is not blotchy it is just like my Cad and my neighbors new 7 series BMW.......
Old 03-05-2004, 04:32 AM

urban-assault is off the scale

Are these just regular Xenon Hella bi-xenon projectors with chrome bezels? Or are these projectors something else? I would love to see some pics of the light pattern, if you have them. Thanks!

Urban-Assault Vehicle H2
Old 03-05-2004, 12:52 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PhilD:
Yes, some more info would be appreciated. Brand, pictures, where to buy, etc, etc...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Ditto, concur, acquiesce...please
Old 03-05-2004, 02:11 PM

SOCRATES is off the scale

Inquiring minds want to know, please!

Old 03-05-2004, 02:47 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

SoCal,
Please give all details, including price and where to buy, and pictures.

S&B Member since '03
Old 03-05-2004, 02:54 PM
Banned

By the way, if you don't want to wait on SoCalHummer's response, you can go to hidtech.com and get the lights for $1,899 plus shipping of course.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:21 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
By the way, if you don't want to wait on SoCalHummer's response, you can go to hidtech.com and get the lights for $1,899 plus shipping of course. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HidTech is a lot cheaper than that, they retrofitted my Bixenons and installed them for $1,000. and the do it yourself kit is way cheaper

Old 03-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Banned

Sorry, NJ, I was referencing another thread where HIDHQ.COM does not seem to be on the up and up and the $1899 price tag is ridiculous. I didn't mean to say HIDTECH, although the guys at HIDHQ said you can't trust the guys at HIDTECH either.

SoCal said he got his for $750. He also said easy install, so the retro-fitting must be at a minimum. I have the Xenarcs but SoCal's review made my ears perk up. I bet you two have very similar lighting systems, do you agree with his assesment on how they perform?
Old 03-06-2004, 02:13 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

F*$% HIDHQ.

I just want some Bi Xenons that work.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 03-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Banned

Ken, are you biased?
Old 03-06-2004, 03:46 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I should have said, "I want the Bi-Xenons I paid for!" F%$kers.

And to answer your question, YES. Bastards.

Black Lingenfelter Lux
Old 03-06-2004, 01:43 PM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
Sorry, NJ, I was referencing another thread where HIDHQ.COM does not seem to be on the up and up and the $1899 price tag is ridiculous. I didn't mean to say HIDTECH, although the guys at HIDHQ said you can't trust the guys at HIDTECH either.

SoCal said he got his for $750. He also said easy install, so the retro-fitting must be at a minimum. I have the Xenarcs but SoCal's review made my ears perk up. I bet you two have very similar lighting systems, do you agree with his assesment on how they perform?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can tell you that the guys from HidTech are bar none the best company I ever dealt with. They are completely honest and to this day send me emails asking me how everything is going and my Bixenon's were installed in the middle of Decembern! They couldn't be any nicer and I have no affiliation with them.
Having said that, yes I do agree, the Bixenon's are worth every penny!
My Bixenon projectors are made by Hella. The same ones that are in Mercedes and BMW. I have them in my Mercedes (OEM) and they produce the same light and pattern. The H2's cover a little more area on hi beam and I like that better.
By the way I could be wrong but I think the do it yourself Bixenon kit from HidTech is only $450.00 (total) for both sides.
It sounds like SOCAL might have a different system that is easier to install but I don't know for sure. Although mine weren't that hard it did take a good afternoon for HidTech to do.
HidTech also fabricated a Plug & Play harness so when I want to switch back to OEM headlights it will be very easy
Here are some PICS of the Bixenon's:
BIXENON'S

[This message was edited by NJ H2 on 03-06-04 at 07:55 AM.]

Old 03-06-2004, 04:01 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Does HIDTECH have a contact #? I couldn't find one on their site.

Here's their kit.
http://www.hidtech.com/view/1064515734
I've got to admit I'm intrigued, too.

S&B Member since '03
Old 03-07-2004, 03:13 PM

Guys,

I purchsed them through Bruce at www.brightheadlights-hid.com and the cost was $379.00 each (x2). I dont have pictures of the light pattern but I can guarantee you they are very very nice. I do a lot of off roading from Glamis dunes to open desert to baja pre-running and have been spoiled by HID lighting and was very unhappy with the first and second generation HID lights available for the H2 with the blotchy light with dark areas in front of the vehicle. I have the x2020 lights on my Suburban and loved them but these are even better and no these are not the $1700 dollar lights mentioned in this thread. I have the first style out with chrome plated billet housings but more designs are on the way. I will post pictures (Promise) of the lights on my H2 later today but I can guarantee you these work and go in with just a simple mod on the plastic housing that the stock lights go in and then just simply plug the three wires from the new HID's into the stock plug and your done. The adjustment isnt as critical with these since the light is so much improved and spread is increased so your not playing around like you were if you had the previous HID generation one or two lights. The only thing you will have to make a decision on is if you like the look of the lights in your H2......but if you want light on the road or off the road......this is the hot setup.............I dont even use my light bar with the four lights on top of my H2 anymore when I go off road..........post your questions guys and I will try to answer ......BTW if you purchased the generation one or two HID lights from BrightHeadlights.com you can probably get a discount on purchasing these from them......and if you get multiple purchases together you can probably get Bruce to offer a discuount also........BTW......I am not working for Brightheadlights.com and I do not get a kick back.......Im just very picky about my lights and was not happy with my previous HID lights and put a lot of effort into talking with them and also Sylvania staff and this effort has finally paid off.................now I just want to share my experience.

[This message was edited by SoCalHummer on 03-07-04 at 09:22 AM.]
Old 03-07-2004, 03:27 PM

Wow, small world. I've been speaking with Bruce off and on for the past month in regard to these. Not the most helpful or literate guy (at least via e-mail), which has been a factor in my delay of purchasing these.

I'm glad to see that someone on this forum finally has them, as I'm much more inclined to try them now. Looking forward to those pictures!

Thanks!

Old 03-07-2004, 03:29 PM

Here is a photo from the site. Will post some of the front of my H2 later today
Attached Images

Old 03-07-2004, 03:34 PM

Here is an e-mail that Bruce sent me regarding a customer of his that has installed them:

"Bruce,

Finished them today.................had to cut the fiberglass hood on one
side where the light comes through to have clearance and the wiring is not
designed to connect to the plugs as shown in the picture in the instructions
since it is not a Jeep. The plugs on the Hummer have mini pins that are much
smaller than the ones installed on the assembly. We just aligned them and I
will test them tonight. I will write up the information and provide some
pictures for you over the weekend

Im really happy with them........they do an excellent job lighting up the
highway for a considerable distance............the high beams seem to light
upward more than outward.................what I mean is when the lens opens
for high beam it sends light out mostly upward and it really lights up the