H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Vibration noise...

2006 H3 w 20k on it, when giving it some gas -- not flooring it -- I often notice a fairly loud vibration sound coming from the drive train. Anyone else experienced it yet?

Old 07-25-2008, 02:51 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Vibration noise...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad
2006 H3 w 20k on it, when giving it some gas -- not flooring it -- I often notice a fairly loud vibration sound coming from the drive train. Anyone else experienced it yet?

tires have uneven ware?

diff going out?

drive shaft?

dealer!!!!!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 11:02 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by timgco
tires have uneven ware?

diff going out?

drive shaft?

dealer!!!!!!!!

It seems like drivetrain noise. Fluids are all good though. The rear brakes started making a grinding sound this afternoon.

Old 07-29-2008, 05:14 PM
Hummer Veteran

pdsq99f4 is on a distinguished road

Check to make sure that all 4 nuts are on the exhaust manifold heat shield. Sometimes these work their way loose and fall off. As far as the brakes go, you need the rear rotors turned.
Old 08-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Hummer Guru

Thanks for the input!

The loose heat sheild was the culprit for the vibration.

The grind noise is rear suspension noise as the weight of the vehicle shifts forward. Rotors were fine.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Hummer Veteran

pdsq99f4 is on a distinguished road

When you say the rotors are fine, did you just look at them? If it's grinding just before you come to a hard stop, the rotors need to be turned. You can't "see" anything wrong with them.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Hummer Guru

Sorry for the late reply, the dealer did.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:41 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dad

I have an '08 H3 and I have a vibration noise that sounds like it's coming from the exhaust area. I usually can only hear this noise when I'm idling at a stop light or driving really slow (like coming to a stop).

I took it to the dealership a few wednesdays ago and was told that there was a TSB out on this. Dealer says they followed the TSB fix for this issue and the vibration should be gone. Guess what- the noise is still there. I took it back to the dealership on friday of the same week and it was there for 12 days. Dealer claims I needed a new muffler and because of the flooding from Hurricane Ike- I wasn't able to get my part in right away. So they stick me in a G6 for 12 days.
On Sept. 23, I was told that my part came in and my H3 was fixed- no vibration noise can be heard now. So I go to pick it up- find the dealership had completely detailed my H3 for me and it looked great! Until I turned the key and started the ignition. I could still hear the annoying vibration noise. I then get out and walk behind my vehicle only to find that for some odd reason- my spare wheel (that the dealership just polished) is now pitted and completely peeling. I'm now given yet another rental car (which by the way I had to fight to get a damn hummer).

The dealership now keeps my 3 for 3 more days before calling to say it's ready to be picked up and there is no more vibration (this time- they decided to change the fuel tank and the foam that goes around it).

Since I work funky hours- I had to pick up my vehicle after service hours. I go to pick it up and when I get there- I figured I'd better check my new rim and for some reason I decided to check the other 4. ALL 4 other rims are now peeling and pitted. WTF? What could they possibly have cleaned my wheels with that they are all ruined? It's ridiculous. Oh and not to mention- I still have the annoying vibration. I have no clue what this noise is- all I know is it is annoying as hell. I called the dealership back today and was told that service was swamped and I would have to leave a message. Unfortunately no one called me back so I have no clue what they plan to do.
Does anyone have any idea what this noise could possibly be?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Hummer Professional

hummeraddict is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dani
I have an '08 H3 and I have a vibration noise that sounds like it's coming from the exhaust area. I usually can only hear this noise when I'm idling at a stop light or driving really slow (like coming to a stop).

I took it to the dealership a few wednesdays ago and was told that there was a TSB out on this. Dealer says they followed the TSB fix for this issue and the vibration should be gone. Guess what- the noise is still there. I took it back to the dealership on friday of the same week and it was there for 12 days. Dealer claims I needed a new muffler and because of the flooding from Hurricane Ike- I wasn't able to get my part in right away. So they stick me in a G6 for 12 days.
On Sept. 23, I was told that my part came in and my H3 was fixed- no vibration noise can be heard now. So I go to pick it up- find the dealership had completely detailed my H3 for me and it looked great! Until I turned the key and started the ignition. I could still hear the annoying vibration noise. I then get out and walk behind my vehicle only to find that for some odd reason- my spare wheel (that the dealership just polished) is now pitted and completely peeling. I'm now given yet another rental car (which by the way I had to fight to get a damn hummer).

The dealership now keeps my 3 for 3 more days before calling to say it's ready to be picked up and there is no more vibration (this time- they decided to change the fuel tank and the foam that goes around it).

Since I work funky hours- I had to pick up my vehicle after service hours. I go to pick it up and when I get there- I figured I'd better check my new rim and for some reason I decided to check the other 4. ALL 4 other rims are now peeling and pitted. WTF? What could they possibly have cleaned my wheels with that they are all ruined? It's ridiculous. Oh and not to mention- I still have the annoying vibration. I have no clue what this noise is- all I know is it is annoying as hell. I called the dealership back today and was told that service was swamped and I would have to leave a message. Unfortunately no one called me back so I have no clue what they plan to do.
Does anyone have any idea what this noise could possibly be?
I get that same noise whenever i have my AC on. i didn't know what it was until this week. i turned my AC on at a stop light and the noise came on. so, i turned it off and the rattling sound stopped. is this what the problem could be on yours?
Old 10-02-2008, 12:02 AM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

I'm not sure if it's the same noise. I do hear it when the AC is on but then again- I hear it when it's off. I'm taking it back to the dealership tomorrow and who knows what they'll say this time. I swear they think I'm crazy but I can't stand the annoying noise. It's not always been there and I certainly didn't hear it on the first H3 I owned either. (They tried to tell me that it was a normal noise)

I gotta admit though- I can't wait till my lease is up on the 3. I had an H2 for a rental car (after much bitching and complaining) and I fell in love....
Old 10-02-2008, 05:01 PM
Hummer Professional

Dani is off the scale

Just got back from the dealership- this time around they're thinking it's something in the roof making my vibration noise. According to them- it's either a brace, the roof rails or the sunroof. At least they gave me the H2 this time for a rental.