H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 09-24-2008, 02:06 AM
Hummer Novice

njhomer is on a distinguished road
Default OEM NAV Radio problem

Can anyone tell me where the NAV radio gets the programming from to display the H3 logo when the truck is started? I recently had to have the BCM changed on my H3 and ever since the radio displays the Delphi logo instead of the H3 logo as it did before the repair.

My Hummer dealer "Perrine Hummer in Cranberry, NJ" can't seem to figure this out. Keep in mind it took them 10 days to change the BCM and reprogram my truck. This is just one of a few issues I am tryign to get fixed since the reprogramming.

The Dealer insists the Delphi logo is normal. Googling reveals that the logo is related to the programming of the radio and the VIN number being entered into the system. THe radio is supposed to get the VIN from the BCM, which will determine which logo to show. Other forums have said that you can more a GM radio between cars and the logo will change after the car is started twice. My problem seems to be that the BCM may of not be reprogrammed properly and the radio is not receive the VIN number to program itself. The dealer claims they have called the radio manufacturer and that there is nothing wrong, the Delphi logo is the normal. Yet every other H3 on their lot doesn't show the Delphi logo at startup.

If anyone knows how this can be changed, I would greatly appreciate the information and having the satisfaction of being able to walk into the dealer and tell them they are full of it and that this is how it is fixed.

Thanks.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:39 PM
Hummer Novice

njhomer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OEM NAV Radio problem

Does anyone know how the radio programming works? THe dealer is stumped and has turned it over to the black hole of tech support. GM tech support is supposed to figure out how to get the logo to be reprogrammed on the radio. From what I have found online, people talk about moving radios between GM vehicles and have the brand logo change on the second start of the vehicle. This is after the radio has had the theftlock reset to remove the VIN number.

Any help of a link to some information is greatly appreciated.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

pdsq99f4 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OEM NAV Radio problem

If it doesn't change the way the radio works, who cares what it says when it's turned on.