H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Hummeron37s is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Paparazzi's Expedition H3 Build

On April 24th during the CHO Rausch Creek run, Dagkana let Paparazzi_on37s(Deb) drive his Hummer H3 on part of a blue trail. She loved it. Deb wanted her own trail rig for awhile now but wanted something smaller then our H2. On April 25th on our way home from RC we discussed buying a H3. On April 26th which was my birthday we drove back to NJ from NY to look at a 2007 Desert Orange H3X. The H3 was beautiful with only 37,000 miles on it. We test drove it and never looked back, we drove it home that night. Happy Birthday to me..:d

Rancho 4" lift-Rancho Dual Shock-MC2 Rims-Mud Grapplers-Gobi roof rack-Piaa Offroad light-Piaa FU lights-10"TV-Brushguard-Gobi ladder-Taillight guards-Hi-Lift Jack-PC Swaybars-Custom stereo-Blacked out taillamps, blinkers, marker lights and Roof marker lights-Purple Cranium Spider-License plate mod-Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats & Cat Back Exhaust-DRL Mod-Cb w/Dual Whips
Old 06-10-2010, 12:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

Default Re: Paparazzi's Expedition H3 Build

spare tire cover removal

A couple of days after we bought it I did the 3rd mod. I took and had the resignator and muffler swapped out for a 40 series Flowmaster. Sounds good now..

Rancho 4" lift-Rancho Dual Shock-MC2 Rims-Mud Grapplers-Gobi roof rack-Piaa Offroad light-Piaa FU lights-10"TV-Brushguard-Gobi ladder-Taillight guards-Hi-Lift Jack-PC Swaybars-Custom stereo-Blacked out taillamps, blinkers, marker lights and Roof marker lights-Purple Cranium Spider-License plate mod-Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats & Cat Back Exhaust-DRL Mod-Cb w/Dual Whips
Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 AM
Hummer Veteran

Next up was blacking out the lights with good ole VHT Night Shades. Putting on RW marker light guards, Aries taillight guards and removing the GM chicket emblems. For the front blinkers I removed the grill and figured I would get rid of the chrome brushguard at the same time, but for the marker lights I just taped the off and sprayed them on the truck because they looked like a real bitch to get off the truck.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Chicklet Emblems are easy to take off. Just slide a piece of fishing line behind it and cut the double sided tape with it. Take some goo gone and clean off the residue.

Since dechroming was going so well the running boards were next to go. btw anyone want chrome running boards cheap?
Also with a little tech advise from Tim, the chrome door handles came off and all 5 black ones were installed in less then 25 minutes...,..

The only remaining chrome at this point was the rims, mirrors and fuel door.
The rims I already had purchased a set from Dagkana and he went out of his way for us and got them powdercoated by him because it was alot cheaper then PCing them here in NY. Many thanks Dan! ,..

The mirrors were on order, so all that was left was the OEM fuel door. So I broke out the paint.

At this point parts were piling up and I need to start the bolt ons.

UCP

RockRails from Seth. Thanks for shipping them from CA to NY.
Also blacked out the emblems.

so many mods, so little time...had to call in the reinforcments for a install party.

Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 AM
Hummer Veteran

I painted the Hunner extreme skids and the front skidplate and got a Purple Cranium Spider custom powdercoated to match the truck..

I want to again thank Dan for coming to my house and drinking my beer and eating my food...jk you are welcome here anytime. Without your help I don't think I would of been able to get it completed in time...,..
Also want to thank Ray for not eating my wife's delicous chili, because it left more for me and Dan...

I just wanted to also inform everyone that the Hunner Extreme skids are just plain awesome. It is a must have in my opinion for any wheeler. Great product Hunner...,..

Old 06-10-2010, 12:28 AM
Hummer Veteran

So while Dan was still here we installed the Boulder Accessories bumper I got from Ray for a great price, (thanks Ray) with the FREE milemarker SE9500C winch I got from Stan (who got it from Dan).

While I was at Stan's house picking up the winch I also got a great deal on battery terminal for when I wire the winch. Thanks Stan...,..

Old 06-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Hummer Veteran

The H3 had the hood grille recall but I didnt take it to the dealer to fix it. I had a set of hood handles to install and decided to drill through the grill and hood and buy longer bolts and use the handles to hold down the hood grille. Gm is glueing them on and I said **** it and bolted the bitch..:winkie:

While Dan was here we also had the 315/75/16 Mickey Thompsons MTZ mounted on the rims he had powdercoated for me.

Looks a little unlevel what do you think we did next?

Dan cranked the T-bars, while I sat there and held a tape measure and cracked joke that my arms were tired and he should hurry up. It was classic..
Then we installed the bilstein and bump stops to complete the lift.

I was going to post installs of the Gobi next but decided to wait so on to AirDocs Intake. Another great product with great benefits. Thanks Doc...,..
Two other mods which are not noticable but in this pic are the PCM tune and the K&N air filter.

Deb and I havent taken any pics of the CB install or the Daystar yet but we will post them up soon. I think I can get to the Gobi now...

Old 06-10-2010, 12:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

Gobi time is brought to by:

Old 06-10-2010, 12:32 AM
Hummer Veteran

After completion of the Gobi install...,..

I know I left a few things like the front license plate mod, cb install, and daystar. I am sure there is a few other things.

I just want to thank everyone who helped us out along the way and kept our secret for us...

So in 4 short weeks the H3 went through a drastic makeover and on Saturday June 5th 2010, the Blacked out Desert Orange H3X took its maiden voyage offroad with CHO at Wharton State Forest in New Jersey. Here is so pics..

Old 06-10-2010, 01:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

Here is some pics of the Daystar and the CB install.

Old 06-10-2010, 03:54 AM
Hummer Professional

Big.Z.hummin is on a distinguished road

I gotta hand it to ya. one of the best looking h3's ive ever seen!

73' Dodge Charger. 400 Magnum. B5 Blue. White Leather.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

Appreciate it, it was a fun build but still needs onboard air and lockers.

Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

seventwozero is on a distinguished road

What series Delta lights did you use on the rack?

The truck is amazing man, love that 2 tone interior too!
Old 06-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

nice
Where did you get the dash tray ?
Does it click in the hole when access covers removed
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 06-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by seventwozero
What series Delta lights did you use on the rack?

The truck is amazing man, love that 2 tone interior too!
45 series got them through ExpeditionHardware.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourfourto
Where did you get the dash tray ?
Does it click in the hole when access covers removed
It is a Daystar, it just clicks in with the cover removed, I got that from ExpeditionHardware also

If you call there tell him Brian told you to call

Last edited by Hummeron37s : 06-23-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 06-23-2010, 10:37 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Excellent!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 06-23-2010, 11:40 PM
Hummer Professional

Dave92270 is on a distinguished road

looks great! excelent job