H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 02-09-2008, 10:41 PM
Elcova Newbie

clinecs is on a distinguished road
Default 2008 H2-Check Engine Light

Have a 2008 H2 that I bought in Nov. Having problem w/ Check Engine Light coming on quite regulary. Claims to be something w/ the Fuel Sending unit. Have been going down the Expressway to have the engine retard itself and not go over 2000rpm's and 35mph. Ended up getting towed to the shop. They couldn't find anything really wrong, finally said they found a wire w/a knick in it that supplied the relay for higher rpms???? Supposedly fixed it. Took it home and didn't have any problems, but about a month ago, light came back on and again test said fuel sending unit not properly reset?? Said I may experience power loss. Drove it and light goes off. Light is now coming on and then going off in a couple of days. Anyone else having this type of problem? Today it decided to retard itself again while driving. Made it to the side of the road and turned the car off and then restarted it and runs fine. Will be taking it into the shop tomorrow. Curious if anyone else was having this type of problem.
Old 02-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Hummer Professional

lennyrebel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 2008 H2-Check Engine Light

TRy premium gas
Old 02-10-2008, 03:11 PM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

Seems as if there is an issue with the wiring on the 08's. I had a chaffed wiring that made the BCM go haywire. I didnt have the same issue that you did, but alot of my dad controls wouldnt work properly. Was a fairly quick fix at the dealer once they figured out what it was.

They must be crushing the wiring when they are building these things.

I'd take it back to the dealer till they fix it.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett
Old 02-23-2008, 04:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

blackhawk29 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 2008 H2-Check Engine Light / endless ranting

Yep. count me in on this one too.They should have kept the bandages on. check engine light on all the time. Premium fuel...waste of money. the extra 6 octane or "additive package" is not going to make the light go on or off, or make it idle any smoother for that matter. Add this too the list of: vibration in front driveline.rear axle that sounds like it's going to fall out when going over our potholed roads.seat piping that grinds into my legs.rough idle.stalling out at random. throttling up at random when at a stoplight.remote start that does not work. gauges that can't be seen. HVAC controls that i still can't seem to find...instead of agreeing to use the nav. they should have a screen that comes up agreeing to use the HVAC controls. trying to read the little arrows, i've had a few near misses fuddling with those little buttons...oh well...i just keep reminding myself..."it's a hummer" "it's different" "mid life crisis solution" "wont be able to crawl into one when i get older" for some senseless reason i see adding a new 08' Suburban to my garage. But probably will keep this pain exiled and chained up in my garage for occasional use.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:45 AM
Hummer Authority

mikejr is an unknown quantity at this point

My idle seems to have settled down a little bit, I think its just the way the engine runs to be honest with you. As far as driveline noise in the front and rear, I've not noticed any of that with my 08, neither has my dad in his.

On the remote start, you have to hit the door lock button once, then hit the remote start for it to work. Not sure if you are doing that or not. Easy to overlook in the book.

HVAC controls, well they are a little harder to read than the prior years, but I love the rear unit, heats up and cools the truck down so much quicker.

All in all, still the nicest vehicle i've owned.

2008 H2 Lux Series, Slate Blue, everything but the air suspension - sold

2006 H2 Lux Series, Uplevel Chrome, DVD's, Slate Blue, Sun Roof - sold

"If Life Gives You Limes, Make Margaritas" - Jimmy Buffett